Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cage the Elephant
Right now I'm hearing that "Back Against the Wall" song on AltNation. sounds really good

What do you think
link or mp3?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Is this the song you are talking about Brampton??
Isn't that the lead singer from The White Stripes?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Isn't that the lead singer from The White Stripes?
I was listening to it and thinking it sounded a lot like a similar band but I couldn't put my finger on which band. They sound a lot like the white stripes. I like the song though.
Nussie_T Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:Isn't that the lead singer from The White Stripes?
I was listening to it and thinking it sounded a lot like a similar band but I couldn't put my finger on which band. They sound a lot like the white stripes. I like the song though.
First time I heard it just now. Pretty good.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I like it. Of course I'm a huge fan of Jack White and his work with the White Stripes and the Raconatours. This isn't him. This guy has a lower register. I had to look it up. His name is Matt Schultz and the band is from Bowling Green, Kentucky whereas Jack White is from Detroit I think.

This definitely has some cool sounds. I can hear a bit of Seattle sound in there. I can't put my finger on some of the other influences, but I dig it. I actually like some of their other songs on MySpace more. I'll probably download those later.

Thanks for that one.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Jack White is part of about 14 bands along with the White Stripes. Is it me or are they all starting to sound alike. I like most of them but where is the originality?
I'm waiting to see if Pete likes it or not. If he doesn't like it then it's probably pretty good.

:tool:
Not bad, you can hear the Jack White. Kind of has a modest mouse/hives/racontours kind of mashed up feel. I would not pay for it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cage the Elephant Chip 7 3,348 09-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Jersey_Mike