Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Cage the Elephant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now I'm hearing that "Back Against the Wall" song on AltNation. sounds really good

What do you think
link or mp3?
Is this the song you are talking about Brampton??
Isn't that the lead singer from The White Stripes?
the keifer Wrote:Isn't that the lead singer from The White Stripes?
I was listening to it and thinking it sounded a lot like a similar band but I couldn't put my finger on which band. They sound a lot like the white stripes. I like the song though.
Nussie_T Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:Isn't that the lead singer from The White Stripes?
I was listening to it and thinking it sounded a lot like a similar band but I couldn't put my finger on which band. They sound a lot like the white stripes. I like the song though.
First time I heard it just now. Pretty good.
I like it. Of course I'm a huge fan of Jack White and his work with the White Stripes and the Raconatours. This isn't him. This guy has a lower register. I had to look it up. His name is Matt Schultz and the band is from Bowling Green, Kentucky whereas Jack White is from Detroit I think.

This definitely has some cool sounds. I can hear a bit of Seattle sound in there. I can't put my finger on some of the other influences, but I dig it. I actually like some of their other songs on MySpace more. I'll probably download those later.

Thanks for that one.
Jack White is part of about 14 bands along with the White Stripes. Is it me or are they all starting to sound alike. I like most of them but where is the originality?
I'm waiting to see if Pete likes it or not. If he doesn't like it then it's probably pretty good.

:tool:
Not bad, you can hear the Jack White. Kind of has a modest mouse/hives/racontours kind of mashed up feel. I would not pay for it.