Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 07/14/14 - the day the employees cry
I do have an issue that perhaps someone can give me some advice.

There are two concrete plants in town. People call both places to get pricing. I know for a fact that my pricing is lower than theirs by a considerable amount. However everytime people call us then them they beat our price. what can I do to eliminate them leaving for the other company?
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Jim's been having an employee meltdown and after Friday where an employee just didn't want to work all day and spitefully did dumb shit. Someone is getting fired today. The sleeping employee quit, her last day was Friday.

I want to see video/pictures of them crying... or being forced to cry. :grin:

creepy

Just want to see them miserable for being so stupid.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:I do have an issue that perhaps someone can give me some advice.

There are two concrete plants in town. People call both places to get pricing. I know for a fact that my pricing is lower than theirs by a considerable amount. However everytime people call us then them they beat our price. what can I do to eliminate them leaving for the other company?

show them your boobs

seriously its a part of business. You give them a price, the other plant asks the customer, then under cuts you. There is really no way of stopping this. I do it all the time, when shopping for large value items. "do you want to sell that?, here is the price shop X told me they would charge, can you beat it?"
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:

show them your boobs

seriously its a part of business. You give them a price, the other plant asks the customer, then under cuts you. There is really no way of stopping this. I do it all the time, when shopping for large value items. "do you want to sell that?, here is the price shop X told me they would charge, can you beat it?"

I get that it's business but it drives me crazy. This guy on Friday I dealt with him the entire day and he booked with us. When i called yesterday to confirm the booking he cancelled and told me about the pricing. I go through all that work and get fucked over every time.
NussieT Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

show them your boobs

I get that it's business but it drives me crazy. This guy on Friday I dealt with him the entire day and he booked with us. When i called yesterday to confirm the booking he cancelled and told me about the pricing. I go through all that work and get fucked over every time.

You can either beat their pricing when they beat your first price.
Or, you can go the organized crime route.

Always be the last to quote a price. And if you are not, tell them to come back to you if you find a better price (w proof) and you will see what you can do.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Always be the last to quote a price. And if you are not, tell them to come back to you if you find a better price (w proof) and you will see what you can do.

Ya, I've been telling them to come back. I has one guy call me two weeks ago, I quoted him $488 with taxes. He calls me back yesterday saying another company would do it for $450 cash and that if I could beat it he'd use me.
I told him I would do it for 425 cash if I could do it today because I had a smaller load going out already. He said the other company wouldn't do it either on the day he wanted and was going to charge him full price. End of story... the guys a douche.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT