Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday May 5 2014
Chip Wrote:I just totaled a car. Confusedad:
I don't need points screwing with my insurance too.

I don't know about other insurance companies, but I have learned that this one will forgive your first accident.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:I cannot get a ticket. Like I do everything possible to avoid getting pulled over. Because I'm going to jail no matter what. I think I get my liscence back in a month. 2 years of driving suspended. I keep a bottle of jack in my car to relieve the stress of it.

Where to begin..............
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I got a ticket a few weeks ago, coming home from bowling.
So yeah, I had a few beers.
Thankfully the guy did the normal "do you know why I pulled you over" thing and just gave me a ticket.
I was going 57 in a 45, he only gave me 5 over, but I'm still going to court over it.
I have no idea when my last ticket was, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Yeah, I'm going to go to court and see if I can get it cut down to something that doesn't cost me insurance money. I don't know if I was speeding or not, but it's likely I was.

Jim will look at the ticket to see if they used the radar. The last couple times, the cop didn't so he was at least able to get the points thrown out.

They used VASCAR which is very accurate, but can be wrong because of human error.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Got a speeding ticket this weekend and that wrecked my weekend.
I hope the asshole that gave me the ticket gets run over on the side of the road.

I also put up the gazeebo in the back yard on Saturday only to have high winds come by and flip it the fuck over mangling it all to hell. I did run down the steps in an attempt to save it, but it was too far gone by time I got down there. Once I realized another $300 blew away with the wind I decided to go ballistic on the rest of the shit in the back yard throwing bricks, chairs and whatever else I could find. I think I broke a lot of shit back there.... Probably cost me a few hundred more. I have a pretty bad temper and I've been really stressed out for months now...

Seriously, how many gazebos do you have to have destroyed before you learn?

I think I'm on 5. All I want do is be able to sit out back, eat dinner and occasionally entertain people.

Ever think of anchoring it down? Or going with a style that would be relatively wind proof?

[Image: Patio-Gazebo-Outdoor-Decorating.jpg]

I've seen where they take this kind and have a canopy that just pulls across it when you want the cover.
I HATE PIE!!
IF I ever get outdoor furniture and a gazebo, it will have to be made from wood and anchored permanent. so ill just use my trees for shade. that other stuff is alot of work.
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I got a ticket a few weeks ago, coming home from bowling.
So yeah, I had a few beers.
Thankfully the guy did the normal "do you know why I pulled you over" thing and just gave me a ticket.
I was going 57 in a 45, he only gave me 5 over, but I'm still going to court over it.
I have no idea when my last ticket was, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Yeah, I'm going to go to court and see if I can get it cut down to something that doesn't cost me insurance money. I don't know if I was speeding or not, but it's likely I was.

Jim will look at the ticket to see if they used the radar. The last couple times, the cop didn't so he was at least able to get the points thrown out.

They used VASCAR which is very accurate, but can be wrong because of human error.

Sounds like they had it wrong to me. Case closed. :wink:

I was tailed be a cop this morning in 25 zone. I wasn't even fucking speeding, so I slowed my ass down more and drove 20 just to be a bitch. I should have drove slower, but I didn't want to be late for work.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:IF I ever get outdoor furniture and a gazebo, it will have to be made from wood and anchored permanent. so ill just use my trees for shade. that other stuff is alot of work.

That picture I posted is what I think we need to build on our deck. Jim didn't take our gazebo down that we had for winter and it was destroyed. Like I said, I've seen when the have a canopy they can pull across the beams for cover when you want it.

Like this:
[Image: Belleaire-Pergola-012.jpg]

[Image: PergolaShadeFX.jpg]

Ok, these are called pergolas. Whatever, they look good.
I HATE PIE!!
yeah, those ar ecool. I helped a guy I worked for build one at his house. I forget what they call those, but they have a specific name. I'm fortunate to have some real good tree cover, for now.
yeah. pergolas. I was racking my brain thinking what they were.
Looking at the pictures of them. They can't be horribly difficult to build. I'd be ok with slanted ends rather than the fancy cut
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Looking at the pictures of them. They can't be horribly difficult to build. I'd be ok with slanted ends rather than the fancy cut

I remember it being pretty tough. It was me, I was 20 maybe. Didn't know shit about carpentry. The boss was 65 and was a genius at pretty much anything, and everything had to be perfect square. Like within a thousand of an inch. shit was crazy. took forever.

so Of course i was the one holding planks, until he decided they were in the right spot. then do it all again if it didn't measure right after it was all screwed on. He might of had OCD. super rich so whatevs
and we fancy cut each one by hand. amish style. He did that part. I just held the boards, and would start staring at clouds, and not pay attention.
Ive been looking at tuners for dodge stuff. Nothing mind blowing out there.

Chip. Get the torque pro app for your phone, and a dlc Bluetooth dongle. Then you can monitor performance of your car. Hp, torque, g force, quarter mile times. All that stuff. Then you can compare before and after with any mods you do. App is only 5 bucks. And the dongle is 20
Hyper tech tuner

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hypertech.com/products-interceptor.aspx">http://www.hypertech.com/products-interceptor.aspx</a><!-- m -->
If anyone plans on makign a trip to Frankenmuth this month:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/world-expo-...33075de2f9
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT