Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday, April 28, 2014 ~ Caffeine
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Holy shit. The wind was blowing yesterday. It caused a pile up, that I narrowly missed. I think people died. I dont know. Maybe. I need to check.

Any tornadoes near you? I heard there was a bunch of them. We have high wind advisories for later today, I guess that crap is headed this way.

It's cold here. I have to go to work and I'm bringing out my insulated bibs and a coat.

The sun is shining right now. It's supposed to be cooler than normal and rainy here all week.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I didn't stop to see if anyone was hurt. because I didn't see anyone, and I had no place to stop safely anyway. It also seemed like it had been dealt with temporarily. I get to my friends, and he managed to get all the cows back in himself, with some help from some mennonites. So I just left, because it sucked a dick out there in the country. Couldn't even hear each other talking.

I had ben taking pictures the entire time, except for the two bad spots. I had about 250 time lapse style. and thought I could do something cool with them. I wanted to get some pictures of all those wrecked cars, so I'm going slow, phone up and ready, in the spot I remembered them. It's still a black out. Then when I'm about 10 feet away, I see a cop, lights all on. Thats how bad it was. Didn't see shit until you were up close. the cop startled me and I tossed my phone, and lost all the pictures. The cops giving me hand gestures to slow down, he looks confused, theres nothing you can do in that situation really.
it was chilly this morning. 45. its supposed to blow again like it did yesterday too.
LeNeve Wrote:I didn't stop to see if anyone was hurt. because I didn't see anyone, and I had no place to stop safely anyway. It also seemed like it had been dealt with temporarily. I get to my friends, and he managed to get all the cows back in himself, with some help from some mennonites. So I just left, because it sucked a dick out there in the country. Couldn't even hear each other talking.

I had ben taking pictures the entire time, except for the two bad spots. I had about 250 time lapse style. and thought I could do something cool with them. I wanted to get some pictures of all those wrecked cars, so I'm going slow, phone up and ready, in the spot I remembered them. It's still a black out. Then when I'm about 10 feet away, I see a cop, lights all on. Thats how bad it was. Didn't see shit until you were up close. the cop startled me and I tossed my phone, and lost all the pictures. The cops giving me hand gestures to slow down, he looks confused, theres nothing you can do in that situation really.

I don't know if that would be worse than a white-out or just as bad.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
oh. I don't know how to work a keurig either.
everyone I've talked to today, say its alot worse than a white out. I guess emergency lights are easier to see in white outs
my friend, he lives close to a wind farm. The closest windmill is about a mile away. Those fuckers are loud. It sounds like a semi truck is idling in his driving 24/7
LeNeve Wrote:everyone I've talked to today, say its alot worse than a white out. I guess emergency lights are easier to see in white outs

No. A whiteout you can't see shit. If it's right bad you can't see more than a few feet. Lights are barely visible.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1YOu6bANxc">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1YOu6bANxc</a><!-- m -->

We don't get a lot of sand storms but we get huge rainfalls that it's coming down faster than the wipers can keep up to and you can't see a thing.
LeNeve Wrote:oh. I don't know how to work a keurig either.

It's not rocket science. Place the k-cup, pull down the handle, select a size, & wait.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:everyone I've talked to today, say its alot worse than a white out. I guess emergency lights are easier to see in white outs

That makes sense. White-outs will make you lose your orientation and it's hard to see the difference between the ground and the sky since eveything is white. But white-outs are easier to navigate at night, in my opinion.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:my friend, he lives close to a wind farm. The closest windmill is about a mile away. Those fuckers are loud. It sounds like a semi truck is idling in his driving 24/7

I take it they get loud in high winds? I have to drive 30 min to see one.
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:

No. A whiteout you can't see shit. If it's right bad you can't see more than a few feet. Lights are barely visible.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1YOu6bANxc">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1YOu6bANxc</a><!-- m -->

We don't get a lot of sand storms but we get huge rainfalls that it's coming down faster than the wipers can keep up to and you can't see a thing.

yeah. I bet they are. white outs are everywhere, and its slick. You never lose traction in the dirt storms. and the dirt storms are only bad when you are in spots around bare fields. in that 15 miles, there were only 2 spots that I was scared for my life, and they were only half mile to a mile long.

white out would have been bad the entire trip.
If I knew everyone was going slow, and paying attention, I would rather drive in a dirt storm than a snow storm for sure.
What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life
I HATE PIE!!
Today is hits from the 80s and 90s day I guess. Though, they have been more tolerable than the usual crap we have to listen to.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT