Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday, Feb 12, 2014 ~ Another Hump Day
in Canada they add orange juice to their shirly temples. yuck
Bringing this over from yesterday's thread
Pete Nice Wrote:How do you not want to travel?????

There is so much to see and do and experience out there.

I think there is something wrong with people that do not want to travel.

Jim would rather work and he's absolutely terrified of airplanes. As a former aircraft mechanic he got all sketchy seeing some of the other mechanics work recalled.
It's going to be a fight to get him on the plane to Vegas, his first plane ride. We're going to have to get him drunk but not drunk enough to get kicked off.
LeNeve Wrote:in Canada they add orange juice to their shirly temples. yuck

My uncles used to order us Shirley temples but j haven't had them in years. Don't think i want to try it either. I found food and drinks I loved as a kid taste horrible as an adult
NussieT Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I'm worried that this is going to be a fast thaw, which leads to crazy flooding.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.

My house is not anywhere near a flood zone, so I don't give a shit.

Is that selfish? Uncaring?

Depending on how much snow you get or have sitting can still cause flooding. It not like the whole lower half of your house flooded but still can get in the basement.

There is not enough snow for that, you have to see my house and basement to understand really, but that would never happen.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
NussieT Wrote:Bringing this over from yesterday's thread
Pete Nice Wrote:How do you not want to travel?????

There is so much to see and do and experience out there.

I think there is something wrong with people that do not want to travel.

Jim would rather work and he's absolutely terrified of airplanes. As a former aircraft mechanic he got all sketchy seeing some of the other mechanics work recalled.
It's going to be a fight to get him on the plane to Vegas, his first plane ride. We're going to have to get him drunk but not drunk enough to get kicked off.

I love flying. I wish I would have had the drive to become a pilot.

I just don't get people who get so emerged in work, especially a work like you guys do, that might be fun and interesting, but is kinda the same thing over and over again.

Live life, there is so much to do and experience.

Someone said to me within the last few years, why save for retirement, have fun now while you are young and can enjoy it. See things and do things that you will not be able to do when you are 40, 50, 60 and older.

I like that idea, even if it means I will have to work longer in life.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:I am glad hockey is starting soon in the Olympics. The other stuff is good to browse and watch some of, but hockey is where the fun is.

I watch the female Russian team beat Japan last night.

Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I'm worried that this is going to be a fast thaw, which leads to crazy flooding.

My house is not anywhere near a flood zone, so I don't give a shit.

Is that selfish? Uncaring?

Depending on how much snow you get or have sitting can still cause flooding. It not like the whole lower half of your house flooded but still can get in the basement.

Exactly, the basement flooding again would suck. Plus, my parents live in a flood zone.

Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
6-10 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow :killme:
Then it changes to rain which makes the snow even more heavy.
Plus there is so much snow on the ground there is no where left to plow new snow. the roads are smaller and people drive like idiots, and the potholes are huge.

I picked up a new shovel & sidewalk scraper yesterday to replace my broken shovel. At least it will be in the 40's Friday and all of next week
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
So, yesterday's title was Estonia.

I have actually been there. My last AT with the Army reserves was 2 weeks in Estonia on a joint exercise operation

Pete Nice Wrote:I love flying. I wish I would have had the drive to become a pilot.

I just don't get people who get so emerged in work, especially a work like you guys do, that might be fun and interesting, but is kinda the same thing over and over again.

Someone said to me within the last few years, why save for retirement, have fun now while you are young and can enjoy it. See things and do things that you will not be able to do when you are 40, 50, 60 and older.

Just because we work a lot doesn't mean we don't live our lives. I get wanting to travel and be abroad but now for us isn't the time. Both of my kids are in school and to me that's more important.
When they are older and our business is established, we will be able to travel and by that time perhaps our children will actually make and enjoy the trip
NussieT Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I love flying. I wish I would have had the drive to become a pilot.

Just because we work a lot doesn't mean we don't live our lives. I get wanting to travel and be abroad but now for us isn't the time. Both of my kids are in school and to me that's more important.
When they are older and our business is established, we will be able to travel and by that time perhaps our children will actually make and enjoy the trip
I don't really care for travelling or taking time off.

If I take a week off work, by the second or third day I'm bored to death. Plus, I really like spending time at home.
Brampton Wrote:If I take a week off work, by the second or third day I'm bored to death. Plus, I really like spending time at home.
I love traveling, if I could figure out a way to do it full time I would.
as usual, the womens olympic hockey is great.

todays US v Canada game was great.
Brampton Wrote:as usual, the womens olympic hockey is great.

todays US v Canada game was great.

I watched the Russia/Germany game. That was a real good game.

I heard US/Canada was good, except for the final score.

JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:If I take a week off work, by the second or third day I'm bored to death. Plus, I really like spending time at home.
I love traveling, if I could figure out a way to do it full time I would.

I guess there are just two types of people. JDubb, Leneve and I fall into one group and T and Brampton into the other. Nothing wrong with either group.

By live your life, I don't mean stuff that you would do anyway, like visit friends and family, do stuff with the kids, be active in local society, I mean, do the unusual, the unique, something outside your everyday comfort zone. Like go to Spain and run with the bulls.

My son's godfather, one of my best friends, has a girl who is almost 11 and a son who is 8. They travel everywhere with them. They have been to Switzerland at least three times. They went to Ireland with us. They were in London with us. They have a great time on the trips. Kids love to travel and they learn so much. Our son will be going with us on all trips that we end up in Russia. He will be going to the World Cup with us in 2018. But if we go international without going to Russia, he will be staying with my parents until he is about 10.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM