Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday, Feb 4, 2014 ~ Hot Chocolate
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Chip, did you hear the rumor that they might fix up the Packard Plant and use it again?

I don't think it's physically possible to fix that up.
It would have to be torn down.
Did someone finally buy it?

Jim read a rumor/article about someone buying it and wanting to make it a functioning business again. I can't find the article, though.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Chip, did you hear the rumor that they might fix up the Packard Plant and use it again?

I don't think it's physically possible to fix that up.
It would have to be torn down.
Did someone finally buy it?

Jim read a rumor/article about someone buying it and wanting to make it a functioning business again. I can't find the article, though.

I believe that, but what ever someone does, they'll need to tear everything down first.
Chip Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:What's up butt plugs?

Red Hot Chili Peppers don't plug in their guitars.
That's what's up.
Yeah. they're incredible performers
Whoever says owning your own business is superior. It is the worst fucking thing ever!!! Between dealing with people who just choose they don't want to pay to the employees who think they are entitled to far more than actually do.

We have a customer who hasn't paid since May. After telling Jim in June stop doing work with him until he pays and he ignore me. We continued doing work all summer. He cleared a portion of his bill with us by doing some work for our shop but he still owes us $6K. It's now January, I call him every day twice a day and he refuses to answer his phone. Then one of his contractors owes us another $2K and he says he can't pay his bill either. To small claims court we go...

My employees think they can do whatever they fucking please. We laid off all our employees for the season and said we'd call them back to work April 1st, 2014. One of our employees has so poor money management that he was asking for cash advances, I finally snapped at Jim and said no more. We had to bring him back to work early so we could get our money back, he has worked for a month so far and he won't get a pay cheque until the beginning of March. He refuses to work nights, he refuses to work weekends especially in the summer (we only ever asked him twice). He only works 2 days a week now and he bitches that he wants to go home early the entire day.
Another one of our employees has gotten so fucking lazy since she brought her now husband out from Austrailia in December. She is contracted to work 6 days a week 5 hours a day. She has called in two Saturday's in a row using her MS as an excuse. We told her that if we could have her do the program herself we'd pay her more money, she didn't do fuck all and now I have to go and deal with it myself.
I am currently getting 3-5 hours a sleep a day which is broken up. I get home from snow removal at 4am. I get up with my kids at 730am then I nap at 10pm-12pm before Jim and I switch out on snow removal.

I told Jim that I don't know if both of us can go on our trip to Vegas & Seattle the first week of March because we can't leave these fucking retards to themselves. I also told Jim that if we both go and I get one phone call regarding someone not showing up on time for a contract or at all. I fly home and back on their dime and they are fired. Winter time is our slow season but yet I am the only one working 12-14 hour days while my useless employees get their pay cheques.
:flame:
On a complete side note... I am almost done my overnights, we finish off this week and then until all the snow is gone we are working days.
T, Jim needs to quit catering to them. He's a business owner first, not their fucking fairy godmother.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
haha. Jims a fairy
Also, when you get Jim checked and back in line, you need to meet with these other employees and lay down the law. Set some rules for them and, if they don't like it, there's the door.... Well, maybe after the one has worked off the $$ he owes you guys.. then, there's the door.
I HATE PIE!!
You guys really make me feel better about my job.
NussieT Wrote:Whoever says owning your own business is superior. It is the worst fucking thing ever!!! Between dealing with people who just choose they don't want to pay to the employees who think they are entitled to far more than actually do.

We have a customer who hasn't paid since May. After telling Jim in June stop doing work with him until he pays and he ignore me. We continued doing work all summer. He cleared a portion of his bill with us by doing some work for our shop but he still owes us $6K. It's now January, I call him every day twice a day and he refuses to answer his phone. Then one of his contractors owes us another $2K and he says he can't pay his bill either. To small claims court we go...

My employees think they can do whatever they fucking please. We laid off all our employees for the season and said we'd call them back to work April 1st, 2014. One of our employees has so poor money management that he was asking for cash advances, I finally snapped at Jim and said no more. We had to bring him back to work early so we could get our money back, he has worked for a month so far and he won't get a pay cheque until the beginning of March. He refuses to work nights, he refuses to work weekends especially in the summer (we only ever asked him twice). He only works 2 days a week now and he bitches that he wants to go home early the entire day.
Another one of our employees has gotten so fucking lazy since she brought her now husband out from Austrailia in December. She is contracted to work 6 days a week 5 hours a day. She has called in two Saturday's in a row using her MS as an excuse. We told her that if we could have her do the program herself we'd pay her more money, she didn't do fuck all and now I have to go and deal with it myself.
I am currently getting 3-5 hours a sleep a day which is broken up. I get home from snow removal at 4am. I get up with my kids at 730am then I nap at 10pm-12pm before Jim and I switch out on snow removal.

I told Jim that I don't know if both of us can go on our trip to Vegas & Seattle the first week of March because we can't leave these fucking retards to themselves. I also told Jim that if we both go and I get one phone call regarding someone not showing up on time for a contract or at all. I fly home and back on their dime and they are fired. Winter time is our slow season but yet I am the only one working 12-14 hour days while my useless employees get their pay cheques.
:flame:

U R Doing it wrong. (Well maybe not you, but your husband)

You need me to come up there and straighten shit out?
Chip Wrote:You guys really make me feel better about my job.

:whomo: :high5:
Owning a business is fucking awesome, but it is a lot of work. Unfortunately I had to work a full time job with overtime the same time I owned the pool hall and did computer work on the side. I never slept, but I was pretty damn proud. My main problem is that in 3 attempts I have never been able to find a business partner that works anywhere near as hard as I do.
Joe Wrote:U R Doing it wrong. (Well maybe not you, but your husband)

^^^ This guy is full of rage... They'll listen to him or piss their pants..
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

No shit, I am so full of rage. Really I have issues.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

No shit, I am so full of rage. Really I have issues.

Pick me up on your way there. I want to watch them cry... Just make sure we stop somewhere so I can get some popcorn.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Tuesday 7/26/16 - What? LeNeve 7 748 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM
  Tuesday, 7/19/2016 ~ Late Beckster 1 469 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Last Post: LeNeve