Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions that arise from Zombieland
Oh! And ANOTHER point... The ocean is DEEP, zombies wandering aimless down there are going to get crushed.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Oh! And ANOTHER point... The ocean is DEEP, zombies wandering aimless down there are going to get crushed.

You keep thinking that. After the mainland is clear, I will come to your island and make sure I double tap when I run into you.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I am not really buying this oceans theory.. The Ocean floor is not all sandy smooth, there are mountains, gulleys, coral reefs, and trenches down there. Plus there are the currents. I would think they would be swept away to the middle of the Pacific like trash. Not to mention that the deep ocean contains a lot of critters who thrive on rotting carcass, so they would pick the zombies apart (these critters can demolish a whole whale). Yeah, I watched the Discovery Channel. Since they don't have logic skills as you all say, they will be powerless to navigate their way back to most any land mass. Just my thought any way.

You go ahead and go to your island then. I will build a memorial in your memory.
Yeah, what Pete said. Zombies will most likely wash up on your island and you'll be dead.

Oh, I will, also surround the place with a nice, secure wall. Along with an interior fortress with and additional wall for extra reinforcement. But a strategically place island would easily ward off the bulk of the danger, sure a few may wash up, but they will be deteriorated from the salt water (I'm aiming for Hawaii instead) and slower, which will make them easier to pick off.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
I think some zombies will float. Their decomposing bodies will be bloated with gasses making it easier for the currents to transport them.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Oh! And ANOTHER point... The ocean is DEEP, zombies wandering aimless down there are going to get crushed.

You keep thinking that. After the mainland is clear, I will come to your island and make sure I double tap when I run into you.

You'll be begging me to rescue you
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

You'll be begging me to rescue you

I will be safe and secure in my castle and or the Kremlin.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Possible Island Option #1......

[Image: 2760445744_06b40ee628.jpg]
I HATE PIE!!
Even better is option B:

[Image: 315605415_f26a1a64d0.jpg]
I HATE PIE!!
Double tap.

beckster Wrote:Even better is option B:

I'd take that island! While I agree with Pete, that the oceans will probably be rough (cold deep waters and salt will preserve the bodies well), an island with craggy rock formations like that will have the zombies smashing against them when they are in shallow, damaging and possibly even killing them in the breakwater. And you'd be able to see them coming. Just set up a nice 50 cal on one of the castle towers and you're set!
ap bikini team Wrote:

I'd take that island! While I agree with Pete, that the oceans will probably be rough (cold deep waters and salt will preserve the bodies well), an island with craggy rock formations like that will have the zombies smashing against them when they are in shallow, damaging and possibly even killing them in the breakwater. And you'd be able to see them coming. Just set up a nice 50 cal on one of the castle towers and you're set!

There are good and bads here. Good defense, despite the ocean. Throw up some .50's, M-60's and a few Barrett sniper rifles around the walls and you can pick off zombies for days.

Bad b/c of the ocean, which WILL be the last bastion for zombies. Also, there is not a ton of land for growing food and animals. You will need this as their will not be any more McDonald's and Whole Foods to stock up.

Pete Nice Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:

There are good and bads here. Good defense, despite the ocean. Throw up some .50's, M-60's and a few Barrett sniper rifles around the walls and you can pick off zombies for days.

Bad b/c of the ocean, which WILL be the last bastion for zombies. Also, there is not a ton of land for growing food and animals. You will need this as their will not be any more McDonald's and Whole Foods to stock up.

Well that's where a helicopter works well. We'll probably have to loot an army base anyway to get the necessary artillery. Make sure you stockpile gas (plastic jugs to avoid oxidizing), and you can avoid the ocean hazards of taking a boat out for supplies.

And this picture is actually a peninsula. So clear out the land in front of your fortress, set up an automated system with a manual override system (don't want a Terminator issue on top of the zombie issue) for a targeting system. Plenty of room for food and stock. Wherever I stay, I want an easily defensible high ground area. All weaponry would have silencers. While it cuts down the range, it doesn't call other zombies around.

Give me an island or a peninsula, and I'm happy.
I'd just get a cruise ship. There's no way they are going to be able to board one of those.

[Image: Ships_Oceana_cruise_ship_1.jpg]
I read this on another forum. Makes sense

Shelter, along with food and water, is one of the three main essentials absolutely necessary to human life. Just because there's no more room in Hell for the dead, that doesn't mean you no longer need a roof keeping your head dry. So you'd better get busy either finding or building yourself no less than an impenetrable fortress, and stay there until this thing blows over, right?

Not so much.

Putting yourself in a siege situation only works if there's the possibility that the invading force will stop. But you're not dealing with people here. Holding out against an army of people works because people can be reasoned with, they might have to leave to get supplies, or perhaps they'll just weigh the pros and cons of the situation and leave.

Not like zombies.

Zombies don't get bored or impatient, they need nothing to keep them alive (because they're, you know, not) and they're not really known for their logistic prowess: No cons will be weighed here. Food is a pro. You are food. You are there. So there are only pros here. They will wait for you forever. But you will run out of supplies eventually, and every day you stay put in your nigh-invulnerable bunker is another day zombies pile up outside. Zombies aren't a threat because they thin out gradually over time - they're a threat because they ... multiply. Zombies beget zombies beget zombies, and they do their best begetting while scrabbling incessantly at your door for months on end because they can hear you crying inside. All "holing up" in a stationary location does is make the zombies want it more.

It makes them savor you.
Zombie Cake!

[Image: zombie-cake-25320-1255872017-67.jpg]