Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions that arise from Zombieland
So I saw Zombieland on Friday and it was great. You have to go see it. It might be one of the funniest movies I have seen in a while, right up there with the Hangover.

A few zombie related questions arose though.

1. The entire can zombies run theory. They run in this movie, but can they really run? In the Resident Evil movies the only ones that can run are the super zombies from Apocalypse. There are two reasons why I do not think zombies will be able to run. 1. They are still dead and their bodies still are deteriorating. 2. They have decreased brain function, I am not sure their brains will be able to differentiate running and walking.

2. Can zombies climb? It has long been stated that zombies can not climb. The zombie survival guide tells you to go to the second floor of your house and destroy the steps and the zombies will never reach you. In zombieland they climb that amusement park ride. In resident evil, the only ones who are able to climb are, again, the super zombies in Apocalypse. Again, I do not think zombies will be able to climb, for the same reasons as they will not be able to run.

3. Does anyone remember what it was that patient zero ate that started the infection. It was something from fast food, but for the life of me I forget what they said.

4. Disguising yourself as a zombie. A character in the movie did this and apparent LEE was able to walk all over LA without being disturbed b/c the zombies do not bother thier own kind. I do not hink this even has the slightest chance of working. I feel it was done for comedic reasons. Their is not way you could put on makeup and pretend to be a zombie. They would pick you out right away. If I am correct, sight is the worst sense for zombie, they find you from sound and smell, one of which is an enhanced sense for them.

5. Not really a question, but these guys were using shotguns and .22 long rifles as weapons in the movie. Columbus even was using a double barrel that needed reloaded every time. Shotguns look cool in movies, but should are one of the worst primary weapons you could ever have to fight zombies.

Rule #2 Double Tap.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
First of all, it's a bout time you saw this!

So, what's your take on all of the main char's rules?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I agree, a shotgun is a crappy firearm to use against a zombie. Ranks up there with a muzzle loader.
beckster Wrote:First of all, it's a bout time you saw this!

So, what's your take on all of the main char's rules?

He is pretty much on point with his rules. I afree with them. Don't be a hero is a good one. When that shit goes down, it's me first.

I have already started a more intense cardio regiment.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I love how there's an endless supply of firearms and ammo, at least until you're cornered. I hope my stash of ammo holds up as good when the apocalypse strikes....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:I agree, a shotgun is a crappy firearm to use against a zombie. Ranks up there with a muzzle loader.

The best weapon against a zombie is a high caliber, high rate of fire, automatic weapon that can be quickly and easily reloaded and is able to use a universal easily found round.

7.62 would be preferable to 5.56. BUt most US arms are 5.56. An ak-47 might be good b/c they can take abuse, fire a bigger round and you can buy 100 and 200 round drum mags for them.

M-60 or RPD would be decent, but are harder to carry, weigh more and jam more.

A .50 cal would be ideal, but that would have to be vehicle mounted.

I'd stick with 5.56. M193 is preferred. You ever see what a 5.56 head shot looks like? Trust me...it's VERY effective. Not to mention the fact that it's EVERYWHERE. First stop is the National Guard armory to add to my existing 5K rounds on hand. Not to mention that looting 5.56 is easier than 7.62x39.

You wouldn't want to lug a M2 .50 cal around although having them in fixed positions would be great. Just don't burn down the barrels.
Hondo Wrote:I'd stick with 5.56. M193 is preferred. You ever see what a 5.56 head shot looks like? Trust me...it's VERY effective. Not to mention the fact that it's EVERYWHERE. First stop is the National Guard armory to add to my existing 5K rounds on hand. Not to mention that looting 5.56 is easier than 7.62x39.

You wouldn't want to lug a M2 .50 cal around although having them in fixed positions would be great. Just don't burn down the barrels.

Oh I have seen 5.56 head shots, but still the bigger the hole the better with a zombie.

The best bet in a zombie invasion would be an old school style castle with tar moats and .50 cals on the turrets and saw's and 60's on the walls. A good long field of fire and some sniper rifles to pick em off from real long range.

I REALLY need to buy and or build a castle, on flat land with a one mile open field all around it.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:I'd stick with 5.56. M193 is preferred. You ever see what a 5.56 head shot looks like? Trust me...it's VERY effective. Not to mention the fact that it's EVERYWHERE. First stop is the National Guard armory to add to my existing 5K rounds on hand. Not to mention that looting 5.56 is easier than 7.62x39.

Oh I have seen 5.56 head shots, but still the bigger the hole the better with a zombie.

The best bet in a zombie invasion would be an old school style castle with tar moats and .50 cals on the turrets and saw's and 60's on the walls. A good long field of fire and some sniper rifles to pick em off from real long range.

I REALLY need to buy and or build a castle, on flat land with a one mile open field all around it.

Yeah, no shit. We need a DBN fortress....
I HATE PIE!!
So does anyone remember what is was patient zero ate to get the zombie virus in zombieland?

Pete Nice Wrote:So does anyone remember what is was patient zero ate to get the zombie virus in zombieland?

At the moment, No, I can't recall...
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:So does anyone remember what is was patient zero ate to get the zombie virus in zombieland?
I remember them saying it was a hamburger. I may be wrong though.
Ok, I cheated... It was a virus-infected burger
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Ok, I cheated... It was a virus-infected burger

Where was it from? McDonald's?

Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Ok, I cheated... It was a virus-infected burger

Where was it from? McDonald's?

That they do not say... Only that is was from a fast food joint... The infection was from a mad cow, which became mad people, which led to mad zombies.
I HATE PIE!!