Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions that arise from Zombieland
OK so we have covered points 3 and 5 in details. What about 1, 2 and 4? The running. climbing and disquise issues.

Does anyone think makeup to make you look like a zombie would fool a zombie?

I have read that in a real zombie invasion, people who are not zombies will get dimentia and think they are zombies, going around trying to eat people, but the real zombies will just kill them anyway if they come across them.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I don't think zombies can run or climb for the same reasons that Pete stated. Also, a disguise will not work. Zombies hunt by sense of smell. They will find you and eat you.
Brian in NY Wrote:I don't think zombies can run or climb for the same reasons that Pete stated. Also, a disguise will not work. Zombies hunt by sense of smell. They will find you and eat you.

Pretending to be a zombie was done in Shaun of the Dead, also. I agree that I don't think it would work, unless you can cover up the smell of your flesh. Now, would a freshly made zombie be at risk of being eaten by other zombies? ...Technically they would still be fresh meat.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:I don't think zombies can run or climb for the same reasons that Pete stated. Also, a disguise will not work. Zombies hunt by sense of smell. They will find you and eat you.

Pretending to be a zombie was done in Shaun of the Dead, also. I agree that I don't think it would work, unless you can cover up the smell of your flesh. Now, would a freshly made zombie be at risk of being eaten by other zombies? ...Technically they would still be fresh meat.

For some reason I do not think a fresh zombie would be at risk from other zombies. I am not sure how this works really. I wish someone would find out an d tell us.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Even something freshly dead, smells dead. So a new zombie should be safe amonsgt his brethren.
Back to the question about running and climbing, would a fresh zombie be able to do these things since its body has not begun to decompose? Or is it a question of whether or not the brain has the ability to make the body do these things?
Brian in NY Wrote:Back to the question about running and climbing, would a fresh zombie be able to do these things since its body has not begun to decompose? Or is it a question of whether or not the brain has the ability to make the body do these things?

I was thinking the same thing. I think a fresh zombie may be able to run possibly, but not climb, and as the body decomposes, the zombie loses muscle/body skills.

I still stick by the fact that the brain of a zombie is not able to function at a high enough level to let the zombie know when it should run and when it should walk. It would either run all the time or walk all the time, but there would be no on off as to when to walk and when to run.

I also contend that there is no thought process in zombies. They can not make decisions. They want to eat brains/flesh and that is it. I do not think they are able to hide, set ambushes, choose bathrooms as a good place to kill humans, etc.

I just think climbing is out of the question, that is one of the things that is pounded into you when you read the zombie survival guide. They can not climb.

One more time, I also want to reiterate, the creatures in I Am Legend were NOT zombies, they were infected with a mutated rabies. Zombies are not allergic to daylight/uv either.

Cold weather, as opposed to hot weather?
Are they more lethargic, and slower to decompose in freezing temps?
If frozen, can they be thawed out, and continue on?
Can zombies thrive in an arctic, like climate?
Do they freeze?
I'm thinking they freeze in cold, then you can spend the winter picking them off at your leisure.

Hot weather, do they decompose quicker?
Are they faster when warm?
Yes, in the winter they freeze but will exist longer since they are being preserved. When they thaw out they will be re-animated. In warmer climates they will decompose faster but will always be active.

The Zombie Survival Guide recommends living in an arctic climate since the zombies will be slower or freeze entirely, however, it is more difficult to survive due to the extreme conditions.
What about a the lifespan??? How long would a zombie survive, pending they don't get their head removed? With their body decomposing, there must be a limit....

And, if their body can't handle the cold, I am heading to Canada when the outbreak kicks in.... just saying
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Cold weather, as opposed to hot weather?
Are they more lethargic, and slower to decompose in freezing temps?
If frozen, can they be thawed out, and continue on?
Can zombies thrive in an arctic, like climate?
Do they freeze?
I'm thinking they freeze in cold, then you can spend the winter picking them off at your leisure.

Hot weather, do they decompose quicker?
Are they faster when warm?

Yes, they are more lethargic in cold weather and they CAN be thawed out and keep going, this is in the zombie survival guide. They will freeze in place in the arctic, so it is kind of a good place to go. But if you go somewhere that will thaw out in the spring, they will surprise you at first thaw, which could be dangerous.

beckster Wrote:What about a the lifespan??? How long would a zombie survive, pending they don't get their head removed? With their body decomposing, there must be a limit....

And, if their body can't handle the cold, I am heading to Canada when the outbreak kicks in.... just saying

I have heard, that in normal conditions, like say Pennsylvania, 2 to 3 years max. Less in a desert or jungle and more in an arctic area.

If Canada has a castle with big walls and moat, I am there.

http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/page/Motor+Skills

Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:What about a the lifespan??? How long would a zombie survive, pending they don't get their head removed? With their body decomposing, there must be a limit....

I have heard, that in normal conditions, like say Pennsylvania, 2 to 3 years max. Less in a desert or jungle and more in an arctic area.

If Canada has a castle with big walls and moat, I am there.

Hell with that! I'd move to Mexico! By the time they made it through the arid heat, how many zombies would be left? Just like in that Tarentino movie! Go to Mexico and put the ocean to your back and dig in.

And I think in Zombieland, they could all run and still had many of their cognitive abilities (including trapping, ambushing and hopping in the back seat and cornering you in a bathroom). Remember, the movie takes place only 2 months after the outbreak. So how much deterioration would occur in that time? Also, would these be "zombies" per say? The virus in question never really went into detail about the people actually dying from the virus and then rising from the dead. It could be a similar situation as in "28 Days Later" and "I Am Legend" where you're dealing with someone that was infected. It can't really be considered in the same respect as "Resident Evil" where the T Virus was made specifically to reanimate dead cells, making what I consider a true zombie.

Hell of a movie though! They picked a great cast and a cohesive story that was funny and well thought out.
I've changed my plan... We're going to get an island. Like Mackinac Island and take refuge there. Those fuckers can't swim right?
I HATE PIE!!