Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expedition
LeNeve Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Success.. fired up the first time. I may need an alternator though. I let it run for about an hour, shut it off, and immediately tried to start it again, and the dome light didn't even turn on. It's weird, because it ran for so long after I jumped it, but 100% dead the second I turned it off. Any thoughts on that?

Again, thanks for the advice, it was very helpful.

Bad battery. If you get it running again, put a volt meter on the battery, should be running 13.5 - 14 volts. If lower than 12volts then you need an alternator. I'm guessing your battery is probally bad though.
The alternator was what kept it running for so long.

+1

battery's a cheaper fix too, and I agree this sounds more like a dead battery than a bad alternator
MMM Cunty!
not to be a smart ass but check the connections. But the battery is probably dead. LeNeve is right, shouldn't be charging any lower than 13.6v.
brampton Wrote:not to be a smart ass but check the connections. But the battery is probably dead. LeNeve is right, shouldn't be charging any lower than 13.6v.

yeah i checked them and used a wire brush to clean them off. The battery was new a year ago and never got any use, and sat in there all last winter.. so its probably shot. It's under partial warranty, so it should cost me about 20 bucks for a new one.
DaveP Wrote:
brampton Wrote:not to be a smart ass but check the connections. But the battery is probably dead. LeNeve is right, shouldn't be charging any lower than 13.6v.

yeah i checked them and used a wire brush to clean them off. The battery was new a year ago and never got any use, and sat in there all last winter.. so its probably shot. It's under partial warranty, so it should cost me about 20 bucks for a new one.
Thats your best bet. Batteries can be a real bitch if left alone for a while.
Well I got the radio working.. I now have this weird sound coming from the rear.. almost sounds like an air tool working. Similar to a pump trying to work or something. I can hear it about every 30 seconds or so.. I have no idea what it is.
This thing is starting to be a real pain in the ass..
LeNeve Wrote:NOTE: When the battery (10655) is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy.

Could this have anything to do with the weird pumping sound I am hearing??

If my questions are getting annoying.. please just tell me to shut the fuck up..
DaveP Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:NOTE: When the battery (10655) is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy.

Could this have anything to do with the weird pumping sound I am hearing??

If my questions are getting annoying.. please just tell me to shut the fuck up..

Nope. That's talking about drivability issues. Never had a pumping sound problem. Is it one of the speakers? Does it go away when you adjust the balance, and/or fader?
Is it a buzzing sound? through the speakers, could be a bad ground or rfi.
I'm not a mechanic or anything, but could it be the fuel pump?
if the fuel pump is only going once every 30 seconds that's a sure sign of a problem!

fuel pumps on these are pretty loud though, although not as loud as on a chevy
MMM Cunty!
Fuel pump was what I was thinking.. it is definitely a pumping sound and coming from the rear end. Just a coincidence that it started right after I got the radio and cd changer put back in. I don't think a fuel pump is a project that I will attempt..

I have driven it around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes and it seems to run fine. I didnt get above 30mph because I don't want to take it on a main road, because it's still not inspected.
take out the fuse for the radio and see if you still hear the noise
negadave Wrote:take out the fuse for the radio and see if you still hear the noise

Definitely has nothing to do with the radio.. just a weird coincidence with this pile of junk
Item Part Number Description
1 9030 Fuel Tank Filler Cap
2 9034 Fuel Tank Filler Pipe
3 9350 Fuel Pump
4 9002 Fuel Tank
5 9S278 Rear Fuel Supply Return and Vapor Tube
6 9155 Fuel Filter
7 9341 Inertia Fuel Shutoff Switch

Does this help
It helps.. but I highly doubt I will attempt to change the fuel pump. Dropping the gas tank is not something I want to get in to.