Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expedition
Anyone know how hard it is to replace the spark plugs in this Expedition? I have a misfire on #3 cylinder. I figured changing the plugs would be the first thing to try.. and hopefully its not a bad injector... it is the 4.6L
Be thankful you have the 4.6 and not the 5.4. There have been all kinds of really, really bad problems removing the plugs from those motors. The 4.6 is pretty straightforward...you shouldn't have any issues with pulling them.

Before you pull the plugs though check the wires. Find out what the spec resistance is in them and make sure that's not the issue. I would suspect a bad wire before a bad plug.
DaveP Wrote:Anyone know how hard it is to replace the spark plugs in this Expedition? I have a misfire on #3 cylinder. I figured changing the plugs would be the first thing to try.. and hopefully its not a bad injector... it is the 4.6L
What year is it?
DaveP Wrote:Anyone know how hard it is to replace the spark plugs in this Expedition? I have a misfire on #3 cylinder. I figured changing the plugs would be the first thing to try.. and hopefully its not a bad injector... it is the 4.6L
Might just be a coil.
B-Town Bomber Wrote:
Might just be a coil.

It is a 98
DaveP Wrote:
B-Town Bomber Wrote:
Might just be a coil.

It is a 98
Is there a misfire code?
If you don't want to pull a plug, swap the wires at the coil pack. If the condition changes than its a wire.

If it doesn't than check the sparkplug. The coil pack might be defective. Remove it and look for any problems with it. Cracks, corrosion, etc.