Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 4/15/2013 - Tax Day
NussieT Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:185/65/14

Depending on brand and type, I could get them for between $87/piece - $170 (studded snow tires).

yep, those are about the same prices I found around here. the further I have to travel to get them the cheaper the tires get.
NussieT Wrote:

Depending on brand and type, I could get them for between $87/piece - $170 (studded snow tires).

Man, your guy sucks. :wink:
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

Man, your guy sucks. :wink:

I get cost plus 10% on all tires from him. That's just the online price.
Joe Wrote:

Since you work at a shop can't you just order from tirerack.com and have them delivered there? You can get Goodyears for like $65 from there. They even have tires as cheap as $53.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...mpare1=yes

probaly. I never have looked into it really. I actually haven't bought a set of tires for my car in over 5 years. I bought a single one last summer because I had a blow out. that was the one that cost 120. I needed it right then and there so I didn't get a chance to shop around much.
Joe Wrote:

Since you work at a shop can't you just order from tirerack.com and have them delivered there? You can get Goodyears for like $65 from there. They even have tires as cheap as $53.

I am such a amateur with this stuff

this website says the local goodyear is good store. Should I go here for new tires?
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
we don't even have tire machines here at this shop. Which is kind of weird I think.
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I am such a amateur with this stuff

this website says the local goodyear is good store. Should I go here for new tires?

The best thing to do is get the sizes off the side of your tires and call like 3 or 4 places and get quotes. Tire prices vary on name, performance and tread life. Generally if you price tires and they are between $100 and $250 your best bet is to figure your going to spend about $130 for decent tires. Also make sure you get the Out The Door price when you call. Some places give you the price of the tire only and don't tell you what it costs to mount, balance and recycle your old tires. Some places quote the OTD price so that may be confusing.
LeNeve Wrote:we don't even have tire machines here at this shop. Which is kind of weird I think.

Both places I worked made most of their money on tire sales so they were always our main focus.
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Good morning bro-mo's.

Question... Take a look at Obama's proposed budget. Look at were the funding is and where it is not. Notice that the politicians love bitching about the parts of the budget getting cut or increased that have a very small impact to the overall budget?

Is America’s democracy broken?
http://blogs.reuters.com/lawrencesummers...cy-broken/
Answer: Yes.

The increases and decreases are in the right direction, but they really aren't enough. Why the fuck is the defense budget so high? If we stayed the hell out of the shitty Middle East why would we need even half of that budget?

They have so much oil and that's where the $$$ is at. When it's all gone, we will walk away from them and tap into our own reserves.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:I miss the days of random sudden automotive fires while driving. I used to have so much audio equipment hooked up in my cars that they would occasionally burst into flames.

:eek:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:My account is locked at the hospital. Can't log on to my computer. I've been sitting here staring at a blue screen waiting for someone from IT to call and fix the problem

Jeez.. Don't they have a help desk that you can call and get shit instantly done?

[Image: th?id=H.4742795900880402&pid=15.1]
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I miss the days of random sudden automotive fires while driving. I used to have so much audio equipment hooked up in my cars that they would occasionally burst into flames.

After a while, all it took was someone to say, "You smell smoke?" I'd immediately pull over and check the truck for flames. Luckily most of my fires took place in my 71 Nova. There's nothing to burn in one of those cause it's all metal.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:My account is locked at the hospital. Can't log on to my computer. I've been sitting here staring at a blue screen waiting for someone from IT to call and fix the problem

Jeez.. Don't they have a help desk that you can call and get shit instantly done?

I could only imagine the ball busting Jdubb would give back to him. Karma
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

After a while, all it took was someone to say, "You smell smoke?" I'd immediately pull over and check the truck for flames. Luckily most of my fires took place in my 71 Nova. There's nothing to burn in one of those cause it's all metal.

I freak out when I smell anything abnormal, while I am driving. Usually it's another car near me, but I still panic until I am absolutely sure it's not my car. I watched a guy's S-10 blow up at the end of my driveway once and the cop that came to the scene was telling me how quick cars catch fire.
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I could only imagine the ball busting Jdubb would give back to him. Karma

Ha ha.. exactly what I was thinking.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT