Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday 12/14/12 - Amish mafia. they will kill you.
What do these people think can be done to prevent these horrible crimes? They keep saying something has to be done. Everyone is pointing the finger at the instruments used in these murders but no one wants to blame the people that knew the murderer and knew something was wrong with him.

Yeah the guns were legally purchased. Most likely purchased by someone who never meant to use them to kill another human being, but that doesnt make it OK when that person is irresponsible. My father has owned guns my whole life and at no point could I have ever taken one and used it. They were always locked up because that's what a responsible parent does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Hard hitting news organization, BuzzFeed, breaks the story!

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/media...yan-lanza/

Or not.
Joe Wrote:What do these people think can be done to prevent these horrible crimes? They keep saying something has to be done. Everyone is pointing the finger at the instruments used in these murders but no one wants to blame the people that knew the murderer and knew something was wrong with him.

Yeah the guns were legally purchased. Most likely purchased by someone who never meant to use them to kill another human being, but that doesnt make it OK when that person is irresponsible. My father has owned guns my whole life and at no point could I have ever taken one and used it. They were always locked up because that's what a responsible parent does.

Banning guns will work about as well as banning drugs has done.
Making new laws WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING TO STOP THESE THINGS.
Take a minute, step back, go over the whole story, then figure out where things went wrong before rushing to an "easy fix".
In some fun news, I fucking want one!

[youtube]iAvG0buqa2Q[/youtube]
There is nothing that will stop or deter a person like this from doing something like he did. In Isreal, the teachers are armed. A little extreme for us though. Metal detectors and armed security wont do anything bc he will be prepared for that. You would need more than 5 armed security for every school, more for larger schools. There is no way this broken ass country can afford that. There is no law or legislation that will prevent this, only proper parenting, responsible gun ownership and paying attention to your kids and their problems. Even then, there is little you can do for crazy.

sent from a levy in Kansas
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
You can't legislate against a madman or pure evil. In 1927 a madman in Michigan blew up a school with explosives and killed 38 kids and 6 adults and injured 58 more. He didn't need a firearm to do evil....and neither does anyone else. There are FAR more efficient ways of doing mass murder than using a firearm.

What DOES deter this crap is an attentive and armed populace. For example in the mall shooting in Orgeon a CCW carrier confronted and drew down on the shitbag who promptly killed himself like the coward he was. These defectives target the weak and those who can't fight back. Confront them with real force and they are done.

Mas Ayoob has it right on the money.

Mas Ayoob Wrote:AGAINST MONSTERS
Saturday, December 15th, 2012
The atrocity at the Connecticut elementary school will not be the last such horror, nor was it the first or even the worst. Go back to the year 1764, in what is now Franklin County, Pennsylvania. The first: during Pontiac’s Rebellion in the wake of the French and Indian War, four “warriors” entered a schoolhouse and slaughtered the headmaster and some ten children. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac%27s_Rebellion_school_massacre">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac%27 ... l_massacre</a><!-- m --> . The worst: in 1927, a crazed monster beat his wife to death, then triggered a bombing in an elementary school in Bath, Michigan, killing some 38 kids and several adults. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster</a><!-- m --> .

I’ll repeat what I said in the Wall Street Journal op-ed section and on the Today show in 1999, after the Columbine High School atrocity: if we simply prepared teachers to handle this type of crisis the way we teach them to handle fires and medical emergencies, the death toll would drop dramatically. We don’t hear of mass deaths of children in school fires these days: fire drills have long since been commonplace, led by trained school staff, not to mention sprinkler systems and smoke alarms and strategically placed fire extinguishers that can nip a blaze in the bud while firefighters are en route. In the past, if someone “dropped dead,” people would cry and wring their hands and wail, “When will the ambulance get here?” Today, almost every responsible adult knows CPR; most schools have easily-operated Automatic Electronic Defibrillators readily accessible; and a heart attack victim’s chance of surviving until the paramedics arrive to take over is now far greater.

The same principle works for defending against mass murders…it just doesn’t work HERE, because it is politically incorrect to employ it HERE. After the Ma’alot massacre in 1974, Israel instituted a policy in which volunteer school personnel, parents, and grandparents received special training from the civil guard, and were seeded throughout the schools armed with discreetly concealed 9mm semiautomatic pistols. Since that time, there has been no successful mass murder at an Israeli school, and every attempt at such has been quickly shortstopped by the good guys’ gunfire, with minimal casualties among the innocent. Similar programs are in place in Peru and the Phillippines, with similarly successful results.

Some people see the logic in the Israeli approach. Dave Workman does, as seen here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-wants-action-regardless-of-politics-after-gun-free-school-zone-tragedy?cid=db_articles">http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-w ... b_articles</a><!-- m --> . Ann Coulter does, as seen here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/newtown-school-shootings-ann-coulter-makes-her-case-concealed-carry-laws-69361">http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-pos ... laws-69361</a><!-- m --> .

Unfortunately, in this country, logic has been buried under political correctness. Those in power whose ego is invested in brie et Chablis values that include scorn for the peasantry they accuse of “clinging to guns and Bibles” will never see that logic. Children will continue to die in gun-free zones /hunting preserves for psychopathic murderers, and the cowardly murderers will continue to surrender or kill themselves as soon as armed good guys show up…far too late.
I have to agree with Hondo a d Pete. If someone is crazy enough to kill the innocent they are going to find a way. It seems we all forgot those that died 11 years ago because of box cutters. We are too politically correct and it makes us weak.

Pete Nice Wrote:There is nothing that will stop or deter a person like this from doing something like he did. In Isreal, the teachers are armed. A little extreme for us though. Metal detectors and armed security wont do anything bc he will be prepared for that. You would need more than 5 armed security for every school, more for larger schools. There is no way this broken ass country can afford that. There is no law or legislation that will prevent this, only proper parenting, responsible gun ownership and paying attention to your kids and their problems. Even then, there is little you can do for crazy.

sent from a levy in Kansas

:whomo:

I completely agree. There will never be a way to fully stop crazy.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:I have to agree with Hondo a d Pete. If someone is crazy enough to kill the innocent they are going to find a way. It seems we all forgot those that died 11 years ago because of box cutters. We are too politically correct and it makes us weak.

It's hard for many people to separate from the politics when the news channels shove them down everyone's throats.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip