Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 05/10 - OK, Ill start this...
hey kate, you ever see the inside of a fed ex truck before. climb in, here, I'm required by fed ex law to secure you to the seat with these furry handcuffs. and a little packing tape across your mouth, and we are ready to hit the road. zoom zoom zoom.
3 other Zevon favorites

[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyMUChgcbU[/youtube_url]
[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWmxCoTV3Y[/youtube_url]

[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUb0C0iI_GE[/youtube_url]
I might be banned tomorrow.
I'm going home to dig up some bones now. :cya:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Kate Upton looks 12 in that picture

great, now Dericks going to want to bang her. someones going to draw on a picture tonight

:roflmao:
Pokes28 Wrote:Joe, we are saying the same thing. The only difference is the terms used.

Both sides want to own the term and that is what is the problem. I really don't think there would be as much contention if the term marriage was out of the equation.

I know, but you were so long winded I zoned out. :grin: When I read the past part a half hour later I knew we were on the same page. I was really just ranting in general from all the Facebook hate.
[Image: 20111018.gif]
[Image: 1325081141_7188_dcv3detail.jpg]
[Image: 1304078159_4415_dcv3detail.jpg]
[Image: 1303184289_1910_dcv3detail.jpg]
[Image: 1302214784_8711_dcv3detail.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:whoa whoa whoa.

Spot just casually said he's seen Rich trying to role play, and he's not good at it.

:eek:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:spots a freak on a leash

I think I liked it better when I thought Spot was a virgin. Confusedad:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Pokes28 Wrote:A few points on the gay marriage thing:

1) Rich isn't religious at all and has no concept of what is or isn't important. He's admitted this but his ignorance showed today.
2) This stance by Obama was extremely political. It is the fastest easiest way to get Hollywood excited to be back in his corner. Within 90 minutes of this interview he had raised $1 million for his campaign.
3) Gay marriage acceptance is a losing proposal for 90% of the US population.
4) Rich also doesn't study politics (I do). Right now Obama is in trouble. If you read the polls, they have this as a relative dead heat in popular vote. However that is only using the "registered voters" list. The much more accurate "likely voters" which bases it on a large number of factors has Romney winning 48% to 43%. That is 9% undecided. Since the elections have gone to TV (in the 60s), there hasn't been a single incumbent President that garnered the undecided vote. I'm not talking about the undecided from this far out, but in the last month or two before the election. However, it is far more likely that people will warm up to Romney than side with the President this late in the cycle. There is one thing that could change things. If the unemployment were to go down to 7.5%, I think that Obama would have a chance. If it stays around 8%, he's doomed. Remember this is just those that qualify for unemployment benefits. The current real number of unemployed is closer to 15% and the underemployed (people that are working part time or took a far lesser job just to get some money) is over 20%. Those are hard numbers that Obama is going to have to compete with. Building 120,000 jobs a month won't do it. To get where he will be re-elected we will need multiple 300,000-400,000 or higher months. I don't see it happening.

I do see a problem in this country when two people (regardless of sex) are committed to one another and in many cases have been shunned by their own family not having the right to see them when they are in ICU (close family only) or cause problems if the family house can't just go over in ownership if one of them dies. These are basic fundamental things that I think most people can agree on. The issue is the term "marriage." With it are religious connotations whether Rich sees and understands them is irrelevant. Also, if marriage is a right, then the state could force churches to marry a gay couple. Just like a right to health care takes away the rights of a doctor forcing him to care for people not of his/her choosing, making marriage a right will definitely impede on churches.

The David Harrell (<--me) solution is simple. Change the law to the requirement of civil unions instead of being married. Basically all marriages are civil unions, but not all civil unions are marriages. The state only recognizes the civil union part and the marriage part is in the eyes of God. This way if two atheists want to be together, they just get a civil union and not be subjected to the religious (that they don't believe in) aspect of the process. It gives the same protections to everybody. It retains the rights of the church to only marry those that they feel should be married in the eyes of God according to their tennants. It also means that if a church is ok with same sex folks getting married, then so be it. But only the civil union part matters (for everybody) in the eyes of the law.

It isn't the same half measure that don't ask don't tell was, it is a way to solve problems and still allow everybody their own beliefs and freedoms without encroaching on others.

:high5: Agreed.. Even though I cannot stand Romney.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:[Image: 20111018.gif]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM