Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JOB UPDATE
That sucks bad. I've had a couple of jobs that only lasted to the first check. I'm sure they loved that. I would get the check and walk out, never to return.
LeNeve Wrote:That sucks bad. I've had a couple of jobs that only lasted to the first check. I'm sure they loved that. I would get the check and walk out, never to return.
I did that once when I worked on cars for a living. I got hired worked a little over a week and was offered a better deal at another shop. The service manager cursed me out all the way out the door.
That happened to me when I started in fire systems. My current employer interviewed me while I was working for my last employer. My last job lasted about a month and when my exboss found out that I was interviewing with my current boss. He canned my ass but never gave me a clear cut reason why. He was shady to begin with. The other two techs I worked with there were gone from him less than two years after I was gone. That's ok cause I was back on the job two weeks later with my current employer. They treated me well since I've been there the past six years.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Joe In PA Wrote:Well, I'm finally able to get on the forum. You guys won't really be seeing any of me other than maybe 2 nights a week. ..... at 7:00PM unless I have school then I get home after 10. I am fucking beat.

I'd look for another job, but I am not allowed to take any time off during my 6 month probationary period so the chance of getting an interview is almost none. :killme:

That really sucks Joe. You finally found something and its the brink of hell. What a load of :bullshit: Hopefully something more decent comes along soon!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I have a little new hope. Today I got a call for a 2nd interview with the company that took over my job when I was laid off. I just have to figure out scheduling since I don't get any time off for the first 6 months where I'm working right now.

Hope you guys are doing well. I really miss being on here.
Good luck with the second interview Joe. We're all hoping that it works out for you :praying:
Good Luck Joe!
I feel your pain bro. Last job i had framing houses was close to home getting paid 28/hr working with 3 other guys that were all friend of mine.
SWoOtconomy came in, new housing market tanked, NO work.,
Sat home looking for new jobs for too long, couldn't find shit.I burned up any side work i could get from family and friiends of family.
Only thing that came along was this shit job, working on a crew of equidorian and mexicans who hardly speak english.
Now i'm getting $12/hr installing cement/fiberglass siding.

The dust from it gives you lung cancer and they want us to sign a waiver for that. Also they want us to sign a waiver that you can't do any work outside the company that competes with them, I.E. Side jobs, roofing, siding, gutters, decks, additions. within a certain mile radius, for a certain period of time (whitch are both left blank on the contract) and if you do they will persue legal action. :givemehead:

AAnd the owners do not perform ANY of the work. They just sold the job, to side 400 units of condos and they never step foot on the job with a tool belt on.

Had too suck it up for a while :killme: but i think i'm getting back on an english speaking framing crew starting next week doing some high end stuff in greenwitch area.

Sorry bout the :blahblah: :beer:
That sucks Joe, I hope you find something better. The IST hasn't been the same without ya
We miss you Joe!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!