Dudebro Nation

Full Version: JOB UPDATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So a while back I took a 3 hour interview with a company. Here's how I described it.

Joe In PA Wrote:It straight up sucked for the most part. They gave me an assessment to fill out before I went there. I rated myself pretty high because I've always been the guy to go to everywhere I've worked. I'm very confident in myself. Apparently going to that place with confidence is a bad thing.

The guy shows up a half hour late and then spends the first hour and a half drilling me with questions. The questions I answer correctly are quickly dismissed and some of them are even picked apart because I didn't answer them the way he wanted them answered. He'd basically ask questions until he found something I didn't know and then spend a shit load of time telling me how crucial it was that I didn't know it. The next hour and a half was spent basically telling me how great his company was and talking down my prior experience while throwing in scenarios that were complete bullshit. About an hour into the interview I thought it was a waste of time and I wanted to leave. I got so irritated that I could picture myself punching the guy out.

Today the guy calls me and tells me that he's interested in hiring me. He also mentions that I was right about some of the stuff he argued with me over. By the end of the phone call, I received an offer and took the offer.
I'm not thrilled about the actual company that I'm going to be working for, but the money is ok and it'll pay the bills while I look for something better.

No more eating sand for lunch!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

:beer: :boobs: :beer: :boobs:
Well, there goes all the unemployment jokes :j/k:

Congrats :clap:
Yea for Joe!!!! Congrats on the job!!!!
Honestly, this is the best news flash of the day. Please, with your first check, buy an IROC-Z. It`s the only chevy that can trash a stang, I know from experience dude.
Now the most important question. Will you be able to post on the DBN IST at work?
Pete Nice Wrote:Now the most important question. Will you be able to post on the DBN IST at work?
I'm guessing that I might be busy for a while. The good thing is, the show is on during most people's lunc breaks so I may get to stop by then. Hell, I don't even have the internet listening subscription.
LeNeve Wrote:Honestly, this is the best news flash of the day. Please, with your first check, buy an IROC-Z. It`s the only chevy that can trash a stang, I know from experience dude.
I've never lost a race to any camaro in any of my Mustangs.
while i'm happy that you finally got a job, i'm really gonna miss the unemployment jokes and that makes me a sad panda

[Image: sadpanda.jpg]
Joe, I'm so happy for you....way to go!!!! Where is the Co????

P.S. see, i do look at the other forums!!!
CONGRATULATIONS JOE!!!! Hopefully you enjoy the new deal, til ya get something better....

I guess this means I don't need to hang onto this pepper box I was saving for ya. (Just in case, ya know) :mrgreen:

Good girl, Iva!!!!
Congratulations buddy!!! It feels good to be productive again.
Well, I'm finally able to get on the forum. You guys won't really be seeing any of me other than maybe 2 nights a week. Sites like this aren't allowed at the new job. As a matter of a fact even taking a fucking break isn't something you are allowed to do there either. Seriously it's like 8:30 to 5 or 5:30 without a break. They claim we get a half hour lunch, but no one ever takes one there. I can't remember the last job I had that didn't give you at least an hour. I don't expect a lunch everyday, but for fucks sake I haven't even gotten 15 minutes to pause.

I'm also noticing a trend there. The receptionist that was there when I interviewed quit because she said it was too stressful there. The desk that I'm sitting in was some guy's that quit a few weeks ago. The guy that was working with me today told me today was his last day because he's quitting too. The boss is fucking arrogant as hell and watches over your back all day when he's not out getting more clients for us to support. Its an regular IT sweatshop.

To top it off it takes me 2 hours to get to work and another 2 hours to get home. I leave the house at 6:30AM and get home at 7:00PM unless I have school then I get home after 10. I am fucking beat.

I'd look for another job, but I am not allowed to take any time off during my 6 month probationary period so the chance of getting an interview is almost none. :killme:
Joe In PA Wrote:Well, I'm finally able to get on the forum. You guys won't really be seeing any of me other than maybe 2 nights a week. Sites like this aren't allowed at the new job. As a matter of a fact even taking a fucking break isn't something you are allowed to do there either. Seriously it's like 8:30 to 5 or 5:30 without a break. They claim we get a half hour lunch, but no one ever takes one there. I can't remember the last job I had that didn't give you at least an hour. I don't expect a lunch everyday, but for fucks sake I haven't even gotten 15 minutes to pause.

I'm also noticing a trend there. The receptionist that was there when I interviewed quit because she said it was too stressful there. The desk that I'm sitting in was some guy's that quit a few weeks ago. The guy that was working with me today told me today was his last day because he's quitting too. The boss is fucking arrogant as hell and watches over your back all day when he's not out getting more clients for us to support. Its an regular IT sweatshop.

To top it off it takes me 2 hours to get to work and another 2 hours to get home. I leave the house at 6:30AM and get home at 7:00PM unless I have school then I get home after 10. I am fucking beat.

I'd look for another job, but I am not allowed to take any time off during my 6 month probationary period so the chance of getting an interview is almost none. :killme:

Well that sucks. Do you really want to work for a sweatshop? I know a job is a job, but if your not happy with your job, you won't be happy with life.
Pete Nice Wrote:Well that sucks. Do you really want to work for a sweatshop? I know a job is a job, but if your not happy with your job, you won't be happy with life.
I have no choice. It's the only place I've got right now. I'm just hoping one of the places I already interviewed with calls me.
Pages: 1 2