Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for AP Magazine
First check out the page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/AP-Magazin...8961152265 and see what they have going on over at AP Magazine and what ideas they already have. After that post your ideas on the page on what you'd like to see. If you are creepy and live in the 19th century (Chip) and don't have Facebook, post your ideas here.
You damn kids with your FaceSpace, twating all the time about everything...
:roflmao:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Ok, I'll recap just for Chip, since he can't check the page lol:

8-10 model features
2 of which will be tattooed models, with features on the artist/shop that did most of the work as a bio
2 car/bike features
Shop bios for those cars, and also info to help people building cars, budget concerns and how to get the best value on your builds
Music and Entertainment (will probably expand as the magazine gains substance that will let us actually talk to real people)
Going to have a reader "Friend in Need" style Q&A section that the cover model will be the guest advice giver.

What else would you want to see? Keep in mind that it's a bi-monthly magazine right now, so it's tough to do up to date stuff, because it might become stale by print time. So avoid "This week in Baseball" kind of ideas.
I'd do a "Manly Arts" section...dealing with guns, tools, and the things real men ought to (and want to) know about.
Hondo Wrote:I'd do a "Manly Arts" section...dealing with guns, tools, and the things real men ought to (and want to) know about.

Give me a better idea of what you're talking about, Hondo. Like give me one specific example and how you'd talk about it.
For example...do an article on concealed carry. The best type of weapon, holster, and various laws that apply if you're travelling.
There's never anything wrong with the "We're gonna teach you about something random now..."
Like Hondo said, it's a pain in the ass finding out about different gun laws in different states.
And before Derick asks, no, don't do one about different age of consent laws. That's just creepy.
Chip Wrote:There's never anything wrong with the "We're gonna teach you about something random now..."
Like Hondo said, it's a pain in the ass finding out about different gun laws in different states.
And before Derick asks, no, don't do one about different age of consent laws. That's just creepy.

Those laws are not as simple as people think. When I used to work in the ER, they had the laws posted on a wall in one of the offices.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Chip Wrote:There's never anything wrong with the "We're gonna teach you about something random now..."

:? :roflmao:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
To me there's a list of basic stuff EVERY man needs to know how to do...and these days fewer and fewer do.

1) Wire an electrical outlet
2) Change the oil in your vehicle
3) Properly negotiate buying a car
4) How to grill steaks
5) Repair a leaky faucet
6) Build a fire
7) How to play craps, blackjack and baccarat. Everything else is bullshit
8) Be well-versed in scotch and bourbon
9) Learn to read...and be able to discuss real literature. Not fucking comic books
10) Fully understand basic hand tools...and OWN them

These are just the first 10 that come to mind. You can easily do a full page on all of them.
Change a tire on a car
Jump start a car
How to pick out the low hanging fruit on less promising nights.
Joe Wrote:How to pick out the low hanging fruit on less promising nights.
turning a negative into a positive
How to
Throw a curveball
Chipping around the green

Imported from Canada

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Magazine? ap bikini team 23 7,723 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Beckster