Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP Magazine?
Ok, after some careful consideration we're going to start a new publication.

The basis of the magazine will probably be equal parts Maxim, Inked and Tuner Magazine, with a little Blender to be added.

We will feature 8-10 models (2 "inked" models, a covergirl/centerfold, and 5-7 other features), along with the Inked models will be features on where they got their ink. We will feature at least one international model, and models from the east and west coast. Obviously since it's a start up magazine, don't expect a ton of Nationally known girls, but they'll be hot. Maybe we can also be someone the discovers some of the hotter girls that you don't see on Maxim because they feature so few of the girls you want to see.

We will feature 2 car builds (east and west coast) and the garages building them, and talk about costs saving measures on personal builds and reviews of tech and parts that'll help get what you want done without killing your pockets. A big complaint of most of the car magazines is it only caters to those with thousands in disposable income and those low income and middle income builders are ignored.

We'll also have a page called "Dude Shit" which will basically be a collage of our polls and some of the funniest comments we've seen on Twitter. Could be interesting, and definitely unique.

The big issue I have is the name of the magazine. While I've always had the hopes of building the Bikini team into a global brand, I'm afraid calling the magazine AP Magazine might not be a strong enough name for a magazine. What do you think?

I'm also up for any suggestions that you might have to make the magazine better before we launch in July.

PS. It goes without saying that we'll do a spread on Covino and Rich, just as a thank you for all they've done for us, and getting some exposure to people that might not know them, helps also.
Wow. I am impressed. This sounds like it will be a great read. I don't know why you wouldn't want to call it "AP", but I can't think of anything better off the top of my head without it becoming a spinoff of Dudebronation.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
So....what are the chances some of us contributing articles to the magazine? There are some pretty savvy people here...and I'd think they could probably help you with copy.
It's a fluid process Hondo. If people want to contribute I've got absolutely no problem with it. I know I'm not going to be able to do it all on my own, and Jackie and Holly can only handle so much on their end.

I want to try to keep it grass roots. I think that's where a lot of magazines end up with problems. They get so big that they forget those that got them there.

And after careful consideration I decided to keep it AP Magazine. Couldn't come up with a good enough reason not to. No one know what Maxim Magazine was prior to it becoming what it is today, so I can't see how we can't start with AP and make it much bigger than what it is now.

If there's stuff you want to see let me know. I'm open to any ideas on what you'd like to see.
only cars? no bikes?
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
This is really cool Paul. I would have questions about the name also. When I read the thread title, I thought Associated Press even though I saw you posted it and was not...
Yeah I've been dealing with that for 7 years lol. No, it's not the Associated press.

And yes Derrick, we'll be doing bikes also.
sweet!!
Covino: "I am awesome because, I have a hate site and a fan site!"
Covino: "IF THIS IS CLOUT, RICH IS PINK ..KID KELLY IS BLUE :doggystyle"
Paul, maybe you could add an article or 2 on sports?

I guess you figured out exactly the demo and what advertisers to go after.
We could do that. I'll have to get a contributor on this one though. Since it's going to be a July/Aug issue, we'll be doing an article on Fantasy Football. Being bi-monthly, it might get a little stale in terms of news. So not sure how we can do that one to make it work correctly.
Joe Wrote:.

LOL I sooo posted this on the page. Thanks. It was pretty damn funny
ap bikini team Wrote:We could do that. I'll have to get a contributor on this one though. Since it's going to be a July/Aug issue, we'll be doing an article on Fantasy Football. Being bi-monthly, it might get a little stale in terms of news. So not sure how we can do that one to make it work correctly.

You can always focus on players stories & future events. For instance with the olympics gearing up you could put an article in there now and it would still be relevant. Also if you interviewed like CC Sabbathia or Doc Halladay in feb and then it came out in April it would still be applicable. The fantasy sports is def a good idea, lots of preview on that- same with the drafts.
Here's the first cover model. Maya Michelle. She's been on the cover of Performance Auto and Sound Magazine and Super Street, as well as half a dozen other features in magazines.

[Image: 480328_319771538082638_131513303575130_8...5793_n.jpg]
[Image: 428035_310793015647157_131513303575130_8...8194_n.jpg]
[Image: 405643_293158954077230_131513303575130_7...2474_n.jpg]
[Image: 527287_319523364774122_131513303575130_8...7810_n.jpg]
:yawn: :wanker:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas for AP Magazine Joe 15 5,743 04-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Brampton