Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday, April 16, 2012 No Twisters Here
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Taxes are due today right?

Yes

I thought it was tomorrow?
Oh well.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Yes

I thought it was tomorrow?
Oh well.

You are right.
And I am going to go ahead and call Flyers fans hypocrites as this is exactly how the Flyers acted the last two playoff series that they LOST to the Penguins. At least from what I have heard of the game yesterday.

I did not watch the game yesterday. I refuse to watch a team that obviously gave up, has no heart, no drive, no motivation and is weak minded enough to let another team in their head. If the Penguins don't have enough heart to dive after lose pucks, hustle to pucks in the corner, not play lazy around your own net with no hustle and skate like slugs, then I am not getting invested in their poor play. It is not worth it for me mentally. Didn't watch a second of the game yesterday. Instead I watched the Pirates play the Giants with a good friend of mine pitching for the Giants. It was fun.

Joe, talk all the shit you want on Crosby, but keep in mind the hypocritical tone as Hartnell said the exact same thing a few months ago in an interview about the Penguins and acts the exact same way on the ice. Ask yourself, why is it OK for Hartnell to say and do that stuff but not Crosby? Seriously, ask yourself that. And come up with a logical answer.

A friend of mine who is a Flyers fan from Philly said on facebook yesterday that the "Crosby Sucks" chant needs to stop as it is not true and makes them sound like idiots. The rest of the fans of the NHL that don't follow the Rangers agree.

So enjoy your win in the series. There is no doubt it was a dominant and well deserved win. It has been 13 years since the Flyers won anything significant, more than a season series, against the Penguins, so they were due for a win sooner or later. The Penguins laid down and let that happen this year. In that 13 years the Penguins have swept an 8 game season series from the Flyer, won two playoffs series against the Flyers and won a Stanley Cup. I will take that tradeoff for one playoff series loss any day.

Penguins can't beat the Flyers, Flyers can't beat the Rangers, Rangers can't beat the Penguins.

Fuck Bettman and the NHL for this playoff seeding as this series should have NEVER happened in the first round. How bad does it look for the NHL that this series was not a 2nd rd or Eastern Conference Championship match-up? How much more money would they have made off more Flyers and Penguins series leading up to their match-up? How are the ratings on the Florida New Jersey series?

Well I have said my peace. I WILL NOT discuss this any more. Take your cheap jabs, after all you are Flyers fans, cheap jabs are your specialties, not facts or real discussion. Enjoy your win. I will be routing for ANY team the Flyers play.

:rant:

PS. Penguins have 1 real UFA, Steve Sullivan, who will easily resign, and some good cap room, more to come after a few small trades. Flyers have several UFA and limited cap room. Matt Carle is going to be a great Penguin next year.....
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
:roflmao:

That's it.
Just :roflmao:
Longest post ever
DaveP Wrote:Longest post ever

First paragraph: total BS
Second: True
Third: saying someone sucks is like calling them gay. It's an insult, it doesn't have to be true. Butt hurt.
Fourth: what ever he's got to tell himself. When the Pens are winning, past doesn't matter, when they're losing, at least they have the past.
The rest, blah blah blah.

I'm not talking any more hockey here, I'll keep it in the hockey forum.
Chip Wrote:

Third: saying someone sucks is like calling them gay. It's an insult, it doesn't have to be true. Butt hurt.
Fourth: what ever he's got to tell himself. When the Pens are winning, past doesn't matter, when they're losing, at least they have the past.

Typical Flyer fan, NEVER willing to give ANY credit to the Penguins. NONE. Sore winners. Can't win with grace, can only degrade the Penguins, their players and their fans. Learn how to win with class.

Are you seriously telling me that the Flyers didn't do the same thing when they were losing big? B/c if so your hockey knowledge credibility just took a very steep drop. You damn well know that the Flyers would have done the EXACT same thing if the situation was reversed. Don't even try to deny it.

FUUUUCK. I am done. Fucking Flyers fans.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:

here's what I noticed yesterday

Fleury looked like he did when he was a rookie, Crosby didnt act like a captain (and got a few of his teammates thrown out of the game for getting involved in the melee), and Gino/Stall are the only ones who seems to care
Emperor penguins are 4 feet tall, and weigh up to 100 pounds. They look funny when they shoot out of the water and slide across the snowy ice on their bellies. They are not afraid of humans. :high5:
LeNeve Wrote:Emperor penguins are 4 feet tall, and weigh up to 100 pounds. They look funny when they shoot out of the water and slide across the snowy ice on their bellies. They are not afraid of humans. :high5:
I'd rather hear about these kind of penguins :thanks:
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Emperor penguins are 4 feet tall, and weigh up to 100 pounds. They look funny when they shoot out of the water and slide across the snowy ice on their bellies. They are not afraid of humans. :high5:
agreed
Brampton Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
agreed

:?

I don't want to hear about them either.

Nope, tomorrow, April 17th. Today is some holiday or something like that.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
adelie penguins are smaller, and they are thieving bitches.
Pete Nice Wrote:And I am going to go ahead and call Flyers fans hypocrites as this is exactly how the Flyers acted the last two playoff series that they LOST to the Penguins. At least from what I have heard of the game yesterday.

I did not watch the game yesterday. I refuse to watch a team that obviously gave up, has no heart, no drive, no motivation and is weak minded enough to let another team in their head. If the Penguins don't have enough heart to dive after lose pucks, hustle to pucks in the corner, not play lazy around your own net with no hustle and skate like slugs, then I am not getting invested in their poor play. It is not worth it for me mentally. Didn't watch a second of the game yesterday. Instead I watched the Pirates play the Giants with a good friend of mine pitching for the Giants. It was fun.

Joe, talk all the shit you want on Crosby, but keep in mind the hypocritical tone as Hartnell said the exact same thing a few months ago in an interview about the Penguins and acts the exact same way on the ice. Ask yourself, why is it OK for Hartnell to say and do that stuff but not Crosby? Seriously, ask yourself that. And come up with a logical answer.

A friend of mine who is a Flyers fan from Philly said on facebook yesterday that the "Crosby Sucks" chant needs to stop as it is not true and makes them sound like idiots. The rest of the fans of the NHL that don't follow the Rangers agree.

So enjoy your win in the series. There is no doubt it was a dominant and well deserved win. It has been 13 years since the Flyers won anything significant, more than a season series, against the Penguins, so they were due for a win sooner or later. The Penguins laid down and let that happen this year. In that 13 years the Penguins have swept an 8 game season series from the Flyer, won two playoffs series against the Flyers and won a Stanley Cup. I will take that tradeoff for one playoff series loss any day.

Penguins can't beat the Flyers, Flyers can't beat the Rangers, Rangers can't beat the Penguins.

Fuck Bettman and the NHL for this playoff seeding as this series should have NEVER happened in the first round. How bad does it look for the NHL that this series was not a 2nd rd or Eastern Conference Championship match-up? How much more money would they have made off more Flyers and Penguins series leading up to their match-up? How are the ratings on the Florida New Jersey series?

Well I have said my peace. I WILL NOT discuss this any more. Take your cheap jabs, after all you are Flyers fans, cheap jabs are your specialties, not facts or real discussion. Enjoy your win. I will be routing for ANY team the Flyers play.

:rant:

PS. Penguins have 1 real UFA, Steve Sullivan, who will easily resign, and some good cap room, more to come after a few small trades. Flyers have several UFA and limited cap room. Matt Carle is going to be a great Penguin next year.....

The Flyers aren't going to win. The Wings are. :wink:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM