Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 01/30 - It's Monday again
Donginator Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Thanks guys! It's been a long time since I didn't hate my job!

I am counting down to that day... These people are kinda pissy today, so it's just bringing my mojo down.
I'm trying to find my boss to break the news to her and I can't find her. I swear she knows and is purposely hiding out.
did you have to type up a letter, etc... shit just go straight to HR if she is avoiding you
Going to tell her first and then I'll send an email.

What is the suggested normal protcol for giving notice.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
I've never given a 2 week notice to quit a job. I just start showing up when I feel like it, and goof off, until they fire me. Or I just quit going all together.

Totally serious.
LeNeve Wrote:I've never given a 2 week notice to quit a job. I just start showing up when I feel like it, and goof off, until they fire me. Or I just quit going all together.

Totally serious.

I've really only quit one job in my life.
And that was my high school/college job, Boston Market.
And I've never been fired.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I am counting down to that day... These people are kinda pissy today, so it's just bringing my mojo down.
I'm trying to find my boss to break the news to her and I can't find her. I swear she knows and is purposely hiding out.
did you have to type up a letter, etc... shit just go straight to HR if she is avoiding you

I would type a letter to both the boss & HR, sometimes they can twist shit. you want to have everything on record. My job walks people out when they give a 2 week notice, to avoid anything if the person might be working with a competitor. you want to be safe to make sure you are paid for the last 2 weeks & vacation time not taken yet
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I am counting down to that day... These people are kinda pissy today, so it's just bringing my mojo down.

depends on the company. Some have a policy for dismissal (self or termination). Usually its 2 weeks (10 business days)
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I've never given a 2 week notice to quit a job. I just start showing up when I feel like it, and goof off, until they fire me. Or I just quit going all together.

Totally serious.

I've really only quit one job in my life.
And that was my high school/college job, Boston Market.
And I've never been fired.

all the ones I was fired from, they always asked why I was being so strange, and whne I would say I had another job, they would start offering stuff for me to stay. At that point I wouldn't have any respect for them though.
I finally got around to watching the 2nd Underworld movie this weekend.

I gotta say, that series of movies is top notch. Cant wait to see the new one!!!
Wow I just watched these movies they are talking about this weekend and got the number question too.
wedding gashers
wedding gushers
Joe Wrote:Wow I just watched these movies they are talking about this weekend and got the number question too.

I hate watching movies with chicks.
Confusedad:
I spent a ton of time dissasembling a transmision. Cleaned everything real nice. Had it all wrapped up in plastic. Had my parts list highlighted with illusstrations. Ford told me to do this, then resubmit the warranty paperwork.

Now they say to just replace the entire thing. I wasted a shit load of time. Glad I'm hourly paid. It will still look bad for me on paper though.
Confusedad:
Everyone sprained their typing hands today. Confusedad:
You know, back in the day, I got satellite radio because crappy FM commercials were starting to piss me off.
Now I'm sitting here, and I WISH I was stuck with those commercials again.

I miss the good old days.
Please Rock Financial, please tell me how I can get a loan for a $500,000 house and only pay the interest for the first 5 years! What could go wrong?
Just gave my 2 weeks notice!!!

:rock:
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT