Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon
I hung about 100 feet of overhead powerline to my little house yesterday. Is that okay for homeowners to do?

I put an outdoor outlet on my house too. I think I am allowed to do that myself. Just not sure about the powerline.
LeNeve Wrote:I hung about 100 feet of overhead powerline to my little house yesterday. Is that okay for homeowners to do?

I put an outdoor outlet on my house too. I think I am allowed to do that myself. Just not sure about the powerline.
You can do anything you want, just don't get caught.
LeNeve Wrote:I hung about 100 feet of overhead powerline to my little house yesterday. Is that okay for homeowners to do?

where did this powerline come from? The outdoor box is fine, jsut make sure its a GFI in a outdoor sealed box. Also you should have the the cable in conduit unless you just cut a hole in your house and the wire is on the inside
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Am I the only one who likes driving in the snow?

no. I love it. actually love it.
You should move to Alaska, I hear the snow driving is great there.

I would live in alaska.
Brian Wrote:

You can do anything you want, just don't get caught.

ts what I'm saying. Looks all natural, like it's always been there.
My dragon will eat your dragon

[Image: 392024_10150436078499858_152083869857_85...3861_n.jpg]
@ilikegirlsdaily
Javsto, that's not a good F, M, K.
Derick Wrote:

where did this powerline come from? The outdoor box is fine, jsut make sure its a GFI in a outdoor sealed box. Also you should have the the cable in conduit unless you just cut a hole in your house and the wire is on the inside

it's basic residential wiring. It's not super power. just so I can temporarily have electricity, instead of dragging a bunch of extension cables around all the time. It's not even hard wired into anything. I plug it in to the newly installed outlet when needed. Which is on it's own 20amp circuit.

So I guess, basically it's just an extension cord I twisted around a cable, and attached from house to house.

the electrical outlet does have conduit to it. I didn't have a GFCI cover so I put a regular 20 amp outlet.
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

it's basic residential wiring. It's not super power. just so I can temporarily have electricity, instead of dragging a bunch of extension cables around all the time. It's not even hard wired into anything. I plug it in to the newly installed outlet when needed. Which is on it's own 20amp circuit.

So I guess, basically it's just an extension cord I twisted around a cable, and attached from house to house.

the electrical outlet does have conduit to it. I didn't have a GFCI cover so I put a regular 20 amp outlet.
Is the 20 amp breaker a GFCI?
Brampton Wrote:must be snowing somewhere......people are whining about it on facebook and twitter. Confusedlap:

Not here, just rain.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brampton Wrote:Am I the only one who likes driving in the snow?

I don't mind it. I hate ice.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
and home depot has an app. so I'll be broke soon most likely.
The Super Bowl is going to suck, i"m not sure I'm even going to watch. I don't give a Funk or a Wagnall about either team other than I don't like the Giants. Also I realize yesterday I have far too many Giants fans as Facebook friends. I may have to start unfriending them...

I thought the Giant's Niners game was awful. I thought both teams played terrible (3 and out followed by another 3 and out) so I think Brady and the Pat's end up with another ring.
Brian Wrote:Javsto, that's not a good F, M, K.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:must be snowing somewhere......people are whining about it on facebook and twitter. Confusedlap:

Not here, just rain.
rain here to, doesn't bother me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  January 10th, 2019 Joe 0 794 01-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Joe
  January 8th, 2019 Joe 0 226 01-08-2019, 08:34 AM
  January 7, 2018 - Hello Joe 3 313 01-07-2019, 04:33 PM
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Last Post: LeNeve