Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I hate fobs.
I don't. I like being able to unlock my car with the push of a button.

yes, that kicks ass. My fob broke one time, and I bought a new one with money I needed for important bills first.
You can get blank ones off ebay for under $40 and program them. We did that at work when we lost one for our work truck. I think it was less than $30, for an Explorer too.

They don't even need to be blank, you could just swipe one from somebody if you got a chance.
It was about 40 for mine, at dealer cost. Nothing special to program either. New cars cost 100 or more I think. jeebus.
my castle nut socket is also on its way.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
castle deez nuts
LeNeve Wrote:so, on this charger, about every full turn of the steering wheel, it binds up for a bit, then frees back up. Does it 2 times going from full left to full right.

Any ideas. I'm kind of stumped.

There was some issue with passenger door locks not showing up right on the nav screen, but that's all I've got.
Probably won't help you though.
Press the brake, turn the key on then off, unlock the doors, lock them. press a button on the fob, it's programmed. Thats one example. Different procedures for certain years, and models. Just a different combination of all those actions, and how many times you do it.

I think with my car, you turn the key on and off, several times, 7 I think, until the door lock actuates, then press the lock button on the fob.

It's fobulous.
Brian Wrote:castle deez nuts

You could say that in a chess match to talk some shit. :high5:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:so, on this charger, about every full turn of the steering wheel, it binds up for a bit, then frees back up. Does it 2 times going from full left to full right.

There was some issue with passenger door locks not showing up right on the nav screen, but that's all I've got.
Probably won't help you though.

nope. No nav screen.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:castle deez nuts

You could say that in a chess match to talk some shit. :high5:
Or checkers:
You: "King me"
Opponent: "King deez nuts"
LeNeve Wrote:Press the brake, turn the key on then off, unlock the doors, lock them. press a button on the fob, it's programmed. Thats one example. Different procedures for certain years, and models. Just a different combination of all those actions, and how many times you do it.

I think with my car, you turn the key on and off, several times, 7 I think, until the door lock actuates, then press the lock button on the fob.

It's fobulous.

The first thing I do with a new car is turn off the seatbelt dinging noise.
It's like that. Turn the key to the on position, buckle and un buckle the seat belt 3 times.
I hate that beeping noise.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Press the brake, turn the key on then off, unlock the doors, lock them. press a button on the fob, it's programmed. Thats one example. Different procedures for certain years, and models. Just a different combination of all those actions, and how many times you do it.

It's fobulous.

It's like that. Turn the key to the on position, buckle and un buckle the seat belt 3 times.
That and turn the auto-locks off.
Derick Wrote:

air in the power steering system?

IT has a whine from the pump, and fluid is burnt. I've already decided to replace the pump. Just don't see why it would cause the bind at that specific spot.

Seems like a u joint. The bottom one seems okay, and the top one is not even a ujoint, its some contraption of different angle and shit. Never seen anything like that.

Might just change the pump, and see what happens. I'll pull the tie rods off, and check them, as well as ball joints too.
stabilize deez castle nuts
fucking hate auto locks. If you have the window down, and your arm up on the window sill, just chillin, when you go take off, the stupid lock always pinches my skin, or just scares me, like spider tried to jump on me.
Brian Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

It's fobulous.

That and turn the auto-locks off.

Damn, I didn't think of that one.
Every time I get out, even if it's for a second, I take my keys out and turn it off because I'm afraid of getting locked out.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I hate that term.
Where in the hell did that come from anyway?
Thanks Wikipedia...
A key fob is a generally decorative and at times useful item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. The word fob may be linked to the low German dialect for the word Fuppe, meaning "pocket", however, the real origin of the word is uncertain. Fob pockets (meaning 'sneak proof' from the German word Foppen) were pockets meant to deter thieves and a chain was used (called a Fob Chain) to attach to items, like a pocket watch, that you would place in them.
I think VW refers to their keys as fabs too.
nope. keys with radio-frequency remote control

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  Thursday, August 11, 2016 ~ Drama Beckster 42 3,758 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM