Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday, Jan 4 2012.........Hail to the Victors
LeNeve Wrote:I was trying to get different things around my house to use my phone for internet. Tried with a usb, and wirelessly. Coudln't get anything to go online. Everything found my phone, but wouldn't go any further.

I googled about it, and just skimmed through stuff real quick, and it seemed the answer was to root the phone, then you can get apps that will connect to shit, or something.
If I am reading correctly, you were trying to get online on your phone, but using the connection from your computer and forward it to your phone?
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Keep ithataway like anne hathaway?
weird?

weird like an elf beard
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I was trying to get different things around my house to use my phone for internet. Tried with a usb, and wirelessly. Coudln't get anything to go online. Everything found my phone, but wouldn't go any further.

I googled about it, and just skimmed through stuff real quick, and it seemed the answer was to root the phone, then you can get apps that will connect to shit, or something.

There are apps like EasyTether and PDAnet that will let you do it with a USB cable.

I forgot which one of those apps said I needed a rooted phone.
Donginator Wrote:

If I am reading correctly, you were trying to get online on your phone, but using the connection from your computer and forward it to your phone?

my phone goes online, I was trying to use the phoneas a wireless router I guess. Like if I go to my moms, and she doesn't have internet, I can use my phone to get my laptop online, stuff like that. or being online while travelling.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

There are apps like EasyTether and PDAnet that will let you do it with a USB cable.

You shouldn't need to root your phone for either of those.
I have PDAnet.
But I haven't used it on my new phone yet, I was just thinking I should try it.
I'm checking in a new taurus. It has paddle shifters. I'm going to go on a road test, and paddle shift the fuck out of it.
I paid for the full version of PDAnet a while ago, it was about $25.
Since then, EasyTether has come out and is only $10 I think.
There is a free version of both, but they won't let you go to any secure sites, like e-mail and banking.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I have PDAnet.

you are correct. it was an app called barnacle. No usb needed supposedly, straight up wireless connectivity to everything. Thats what I want.
Chip Wrote:I paid for the full version of PDAnet a while ago, it was about $25.
There is a free version of both, but they won't let you go to any secure sites, like e-mail and banking.

It won't let the device you have tethered go to thosse sights?
LeNeve Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

my phone goes online, I was trying to use the phoneas a wireless router I guess. Like if I go to my moms, and she doesn't have internet, I can use my phone to get my laptop online, stuff like that. or being online while travelling.
gotcha, I am trying to do the reverse, I wanna plug my phone into the computer to get internet on the phone so I can use the SiriusXM App
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:There are apps like EasyTether and PDAnet that will let you do it with a USB cable.

I have PDAnet.

you are correct. it was an app called barnacle. No usb needed supposedly, straight up wireless connectivity to everything. Thats what I want.

Yeah, for wireless, I'm pretty sure you'll need to pay your phone carrier, or root your phone.
tether deez nuts

I'm no technolo G. Learning stuff is hard. Like frozen lard. Confusedad:
Donginator Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

gotcha, I am trying to do the reverse, I wanna plug my phone into the computer to get internet on the phone so I can use the SiriusXM App

I just push a button, and it goes into wifi mode, and uses whatever wifi there is available. not the wifi with passwords though.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I paid for the full version of PDAnet a while ago, it was about $25.

It won't let the device you have tethered go to thosse sights?

Your phone can go to those sites.
But the computer that is connected to it won't.
I use barnacle wi-fi tether with my rooted Atrix phone on AT&T. It works like a boss. No tethering plan and unlimited data. Easy as pie.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM