Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthcare with an occupy tie in
Hondo Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:went to see my doctor because of weird chest pains (pulled muscle) I had for over 3 weeks, did a EKG to be safe. Even though I pay $110 a paycheck for my coverage I still have to pay for my EKG. I know this is a little example there needs to be a change in our healthcare, what they charge, what coverage you actually get even though you pay for it already

No, they did an EKG so THEY could be safe. I'd bet anything the doctor knew damn well after he examined you it was a pulled muscle but the fear of litigation in the unlikely event they missed something required the EKG as well. This is a prime example of the unnecessary kind of testing that goes on...thanks to lawyers :flame:
I heard the insurance doctors in the US have to have is insane, because of the lawyers.
I've come to realize that the Med Expresses out there are nothing more than a quick way to make a buck, too. They give you a 5 minute evaluation, a rough guess of what's wrong, hand you a prescription for whatever they feel like, ship you out the door.

I went in for eye problems and they said it was pink eye, but it turned out to be a reaction to new contacts. It seems like everyone who walks in there with the sniffles will walk out with some sort of antibiotic, which makes no sense since viral infections can't be treated with those. Even after my lightning strike and the problems I was having, they gave me a new prescription for pain killers every time, with no thought of whether I should even be taking them. They might as well set up like McDs and install a drive thru window.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I've come to realize that the Med Expresses out there are nothing more than a quick way to make a buck, too. They give you a 5 minute evaluation, a rough guess of what's wrong, hand you a prescription for whatever they feel like, ship you out the door.

I went in for eye problems and they said it was pink eye, but it turned out to be a reaction to new contacts. It seems like everyone who walks in there with the sniffles will walk out with some sort of antibiotic, which makes no sense since viral infections can't be treated with those. Even after my lightning strike and the problems I was having, they gave me a new prescription for pain killers every time, with no thought of whether I should even be taking them. They might as well set up like McDs and install a drive thru window.

Med Express is a joke. I have been there twice. They don't even send you a doctor most of the time, a medical assistant or nurse or something. Luckily I never went there for anything important, just to get water out of my ear once and I forget what the other time. My wife goes there instead of a PCP, I am not sure why.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I've come to realize that the Med Expresses out there are nothing more than a quick way to make a buck, too. They give you a 5 minute evaluation, a rough guess of what's wrong, hand you a prescription for whatever they feel like, ship you out the door.

Med Express is a joke. I have been there twice. They don't even send you a doctor most of the time, a medical assistant or nurse or something. Luckily I never went there for anything important, just to get water out of my ear once and I forget what the other time. My wife goes there instead of a PCP, I am not sure why.

People go there to avoid the wait at the ER, where they also tend to pull similar shit and charge more $$$.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I've come to realize that the Med Expresses out there are nothing more than a quick way to make a buck, too. They give you a 5 minute evaluation, a rough guess of what's wrong, hand you a prescription for whatever they feel like, ship you out the door.

the prescribing of anti-biotics for viral illnesses is problematic from many view points. I have been told by many MDs & DOs that it essentially happens because people are morons & money reasons.

Typically physicians know/can tell when it is viral vs bacterial but it is way to expensive to test it every time, so in the slight chance that it is bacterial they give the antibiotics. Also if people go to see a dr but leave the office without getting anything or just told to wait it out they hate it, they say the care there sucks (lower ratings) and dr doesn't give a shit so they switch to one that will give the meds.

I can also speak to your pink eye (my nussies is an O.D.)- there are actually both types of conjunctivitis (viral & bacterial), so like the paragraph above, dr's just resort to giving the meds to make people feel better & in the off chance it is bacterial.

it is really very sad, people who don't understand evolution are going to be very surprised when the current types of anti-biotics stop working...
It turned out to be a sensitivity to a new kind of contact or possibly the contact solution reacting to the contacts that caused my problems. I figured it out when my eyes reacted the same to every new pair of contacts I put in. And it stopped when I made my eye doc order the kind I was accustomed to and the problem went away.
I HATE PIE!!
They won't just be surprised when the current group of antibiotics stops working...they're liable to be dead. R&D into new antibiotics is very limited as well.

Don't even get me started on shitty doctors...
Hondo Wrote:They won't just be surprised when the current group of antibiotics stops working...they're liable to be dead. R&D into new antibiotics is very limited as well.

Don't even get me started on shitty doctors...

Hahahahahahaha - well put Hondo. I just don't get people who wont accept truth.

I feel like dr's take a lot of heat, when in reality the onus should be placed on the patient & greedy lawyers; but by no means am I saying there are not shitty drs.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:A few points:
Healthcare providers bill the fuck out of insurance companies b/c they know they will pay, then our rates go up like 30% a year or some crazy shit

QTF

As for Mike Moore. Of course, he swings things to fit his message, but when he made his very first documentary, Roger & Me , it wasn't really far off track. In fact, I knew people in worse situations and I have driven through the worst areas of Saginaw and Flint and they are devastating. Big houses turned into ghetto apartments and just complete trash.

Yeah but that's the problem. Roger & Me, might have actually been considered a documentary, and gave him real credibility. And that is dangerous because now idiots believe him as if it's the gospel truth. Since then though, he hasn't come close to anything resembling a documentary (so much so that even the extremely liberal Hollywood elite don't allow his "documentaries" to be judged as such, and must be viewed as a movie, due to it's lack of actual facts, and not manipulated images).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupy Wallstreet negadave 76 23,200 12-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Last Post: negadave