Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday 11/25/11 - F Ohio State
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I worked this morning from 8:30am til 10:30am and now I'm done for the day. I do have to bring in the beer bottles, sweep up the sand in the garage but other than that I'm free!!!!

Confusedad:
I want to empty some beer bottles.

I have close to $400 worth of empties. I'm using all the money on Christmas so basically all we are paying out of pocket is for mine & Jim's present and the kids.

Do you guys have 'deposits' up there?
Ours in Michigan is 10 cents.
I don't think I have room to store $400 worth of empties.
Chip Wrote:Do you guys have 'deposits' up there?

Ya ours is 10 cents. Cans get bagged, 144 cans in a bag... $14.40 a bag x 10 bags... =$144.40 As for bottles I have a shit load.... They right now are put together in sets in boxes... I must have at least $200-300 dollars worth.
NussieT Wrote:

Ya ours is 10 cents. Cans get bagged, 144 cans in a bag... $14.40 a bag x 10 bags... =$144.40 As for bottles I have a shit load.... They right now are put together in sets in boxes... I must have at least $200-300 dollars worth.

I like it when I have $10 worth.
I think the stores I go to have a limit as to how many you can return at once.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

There are no stores here that sell beer. You have to go through the beer vender which are attached to bars. I think the Liquor Mart sells beer but doesn't accept the empties for returns.
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

There are no stores here that sell beer. You have to go through the beer vender which are attached to bars. I think the Liquor Mart sells beer but doesn't accept the empties for returns.

All the grocery stores around here have those automated machines, so I have to stand there and put them in one at a time.
Glass in one machine, cans and plastic in another.

I'm ready to go.
There is a BWW down the street that's calling my name.
Chip Wrote:All the grocery stores around here have those automated machines, so I have to stand there and put them in one at a time.

I'm ready to go.

Here you take them to the vender in special flats or back into the original box and then the chick/dude running the vender just gives you the cash after they count how many you bring in.
I have to go sometime though, Jim's ticket needs to get paid.
Cut this kids mohawk off, and it would be pretty cool.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/9-yr...ine-197391
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:All the grocery stores around here have those automated machines, so I have to stand there and put them in one at a time.

I'm ready to go.

Here you take them to the vender in special flats or back into the original box and then the chick/dude running the vender just gives you the cash after they count how many you bring in.

Ticket?
Did we hear that story?
This is the room where I keep all my beer empties. All the bags are the cans, the boxes are filled with beer bottles organized by beer make. Dark colored bottles don't have to be organized but any other brand does...

[Image: DSCF2796.jpg]

These are the bottles and cans that I picked up just today. I have another box of glass beer empties in the back of my truck that I haven't taken out yet
[Image: DSCF2797.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Here you take them to the vender in special flats or back into the original box and then the chick/dude running the vender just gives you the cash after they count how many you bring in.

Ticket?
Did we hear that story?

I'm sure you did. Jim and Eric (our friend who tags along with Jim everywhere who we are partners with in the gravel pit) were driving in Eric's truck along with our son, they ended up getting pulled over. Jim got a failure to wear a seatbelt ticket as a passenger in a vehicle. $295. It could have been worse though because Mike wasn't in a car seat and the cop just told them to get where they were going and stay there until a car seat was delivered. The ticket for the car seat would have been another $500+.
NussieT Wrote:I'm sure you did. Jim and Eric (our friend who tags along with Jim everywhere who we are partners with in the gravel pit) were driving in Eric's truck along with our son, they ended up getting pulled over. Jim got a failure to wear a seatbelt ticket as a passenger in a vehicle. $295. It could have been worse though because Mike wasn't in a car seat and the cop just told them to get where they were going and stay there until a car seat was delivered. The ticket for the car seat would have been another $500+.

Holy crap.
The last time I got a seatbelt ticket, it was $60, and I was driving.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I'm sure you did. Jim and Eric (our friend who tags along with Jim everywhere who we are partners with in the gravel pit) were driving in Eric's truck along with our son, they ended up getting pulled over. Jim got a failure to wear a seatbelt ticket as a passenger in a vehicle. $295. It could have been worse though because Mike wasn't in a car seat and the cop just told them to get where they were going and stay there until a car seat was delivered. The ticket for the car seat would have been another $500+.

Holy crap.

I've only been pulled over once, it was for speeding but I got out of it because I was driving in a large group of vehicles (6-10 cars) in the left lane. The cop turned its lights on but it wasn't clear who he was pulling over. I had to speed up, cut a truck off then pulled over. I told the judge "How do we know for sure who he was intending to pull over, perhaps I was just the retarded one who pulled over"
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Holy crap.

I've only been pulled over once, it was for speeding but I got out of it because I was driving in a large group of vehicles (6-10 cars) in the left lane. The cop turned its lights on but it wasn't clear who he was pulling over. I had to speed up, cut a truck off then pulled over. I told the judge "How do we know for sure who he was intending to pull over, perhaps I was just the retarded one who pulled over"

Did you really say "retarded" to a judge?
Chip Wrote:I've only been pulled over once, it was for speeding but I got out of it because I was driving in a large group of vehicles (6-10 cars) in the left lane. The cop turned its lights on but it wasn't clear who he was pulling over. I had to speed up, cut a truck off then pulled over. I told the judge "How do we know for sure who he was intending to pull over, perhaps I was just the retarded one who pulled over"

Did you really say "retarded" to a judge?[/quote]

No I said I was the stupid one....
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Did you really say "retarded" to a judge?

No I said I was the stupid one....

Damn.
It would have been cooler if you did.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip