Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Wallstreet
The Occupy Pittsburgh people are camping out on private property owned by Mellon Bank. They were supposed to leave by noon Sunday due to safety concerns with trash and propane heaters. They refused, saying that it is not Mellon's property, it is the people's due to money received by Mellon or some shit. Mellon usually closes off the park in the winter to the public. Again, is there really a need to trespass and break the law? NO there is not. Why can't they just go home and come back the next day and legally demonstrate on public property.

So Mellon is taking the high road. The people wouldn't leave by noon yesterday, so Mellon had them all served with trespassing notices this morning by the Sheriff's dept. It gives the trespassers the opportunity to speak their peace in court. The assholes refused to accept them.

Seriously? Are they asking to get arrested? They don't give a fuck about the original Occupy premise, they just want to take video of police removing them from private property they should not be on in the first place and taking advantage of the liberties afforded by them by Mellon for 3 months. Mellon could have had them all arrested for trespassing the first night.

Assholes.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:The Occupy Pittsburgh people are camping out on private property owned by Mellon Bank. They were supposed to leave by noon Sunday due to safety concerns with trash and propane heaters. They refused, saying that it is not Mellon's property, it is the people's due to money received by Mellon or some shit. Mellon usually closes off the park in the winter to the public. Again, is there really a need to trespass and break the law? NO there is not. Why can't they just go home and come back the next day and legally demonstrate on public property.

So Mellon is taking the high road. The people wouldn't leave by noon yesterday, so Mellon had them all served with trespassing notices this morning by the Sheriff's dept. It gives the trespassers the opportunity to speak their peace in court. The assholes refused to accept them.

Seriously? Are they asking to get arrested? They don't give a fuck about the original Occupy premise, they just want to take video of police removing them from private property they should not be on in the first place and taking advantage of the liberties afforded by them by Mellon for 3 months. Mellon could have had them all arrested for trespassing the first night.

Assholes.

Yep.
Like those ass holes that got pepper sprayed, LOVED that it happened.
They wanted the cops to do the 'back-and-forth' thing with them where it keeps escalating.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11346/1196333-53.stm">http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11346/1196333-53.stm</a><!-- m -->

Watch the video. I love how the bearded hippie liberal tries to say that the land is not owned by Mellon. How can you say that a company that paid for the land does not own it?

Look at the gross ass muddy conditions they are in. That used to be a beautiful green grass park, that is now destroyed and will probably cost Mellon over $100,000 to fix. Mellon should sue these fuckers for that money.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Hondo Wrote:Full video of the UC-Davis pepper spraying. Funny how the entire story wasn't told by the media. This is a completely legitimate use of force. Those fuckers got off light. Had anyone pulled that shit when I was on the job they'd have gone to the hospital.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y&feature=share">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE ... ture=share</a><!-- m -->

Hondo, i cold only make it through about 7 mins of that video till i couldn't take it anymore too. I got one question to ask you on it though. That's a private property though, right? All those little asshole's parents paid for them to live on that private campus. Seems like different ruless would apply there than in the general public right?
In comparison, if i invited a bunch of people over to a pig roast in my back yard and we started chanting "fuck the red socks" for example. Would it give the police cause to come in and break it up? IDK, just asking
The whole thing at UC-Davis was the cops arrested a few people and then the crowd circled them and demanded the release of the arrestees. That's not a protest, that's interference with a law enforcement officer. In Nashville we'd have escalated right to cracking skulls. Private or public property is irrelevant in that situation.

Given your scenario if you create a disturbance that violates the city ordinances against such things (and just about every city has something like that) you are subject to arrest as well.
Hondo Wrote:The whole thing at UC-Davis was the cops arrested a few people and then the crowd circled them and demanded the release of the arrestees. That's not a protest, that's interference with a law enforcement officer. In Nashville we'd have escalated right to cracking skulls. Private or public property is irrelevant in that situation.

Given your scenario if you create a disturbance that violates the city ordinances against such things (and just about every city has something like that) you are subject to arrest as well.

Then arrest them too.
Fuck police brutality.
The police are supposed to be above people like that.
Trust me....spraying those people with OC after multiple warnings isn't police brutality. It isn't anywhere even close.
Hondo Wrote:Trust me....spraying those people with OC after multiple warnings isn't police brutality. It isn't anywhere even close.

It's totally unnecessary. Are they really supposed to be the ones escelating the situation?
It's still taking a non-physical situation, and making it physical.
They're stupid. It's exactly the kind of scene the protesters wanted.
Those are the same kind of ass hole cops who taser someone for not showing ID.
Chip Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:Trust me....spraying those people with OC after multiple warnings isn't police brutality. It isn't anywhere even close.

It's totally unnecessary. Are they really supposed to be the ones escelating the situation?

No way, your way off. Police have to anticipate a threat, not just react to it. being surrounded by people saying they are not going to let them go, is a threat warranting the appropriate use of force, which in this case is pepper spray.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

No way, your way off. Police have to anticipate a threat, not just react to it. being surrounded by people saying they are not going to let them go, is a threat warranting the appropriate use of force, which in this case is pepper spray.

I can see that.
And I don't want to seem like I feel bad for these morons.
If I was in the crowd, I probably would have pepper sprayed them long before the cops did.

But really, why did they not arrest them? There is no way what they were doing was legal.

It just seems like defnding that, is the start of going to a place where cops can do that before they try to arrest you.
Do you really want cops to be able to say "he looked dangerous, so I resorted to pepper spray or a taser before he did anything"?
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I can see that.
And I don't want to seem like I feel bad for these morons.
If I was in the crowd, I probably would have pepper sprayed them long before the cops did.

But really, why did they not arrest them? There is no way what they were doing was legal.

It just seems like defnding that, is the start of going to a place where cops can do that before they try to arrest you.
Do you really want cops to be able to say "he looked dangerous, so I resorted to pepper spray or a taser before he sure there are a few did anything"?

That is already how it is, sure there are a few cops who do it wrong, but for the most part, I have a hard time disagreeing with any police use of force.

Pete Nice Wrote:That is already how it is, sure there are a few cops who do it wrong, but for the most part, I have a hard time disagreeing with any police use of force.

Me too.
But when they're sitting there, totally un-armed, I think there has to be a line.
Why the hell not arrest them?
Arresting and prosecuting them would screw their lives up a whole lot more then an unpleasent afternoon.
Those cops erred tactically by allowing themselves to get in that position in the first place. They weren't prepared either for mass arrests and apparently they didn't have a snatch and grab and GTFO plan either. There's no way you could arrest everyone in that mess. They should have been better prepared. It's not uncommon to see a higher level of force being necessary due to bad planning. I've seen more than one cop have to shoot or beat his way out of bad tactics.
[youtube]N2qqRFYv3ao[/youtube]

[youtube]l2edXIiGoVo[/youtube]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Healthcare with an occupy tie in Pete Nice 39 11,603 12-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Last Post: ap bikini team