Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Wallstreet
Hondo Wrote:How are you posting in the future dude?

drove faster than 88 mph...
Joe Wrote:They aren't really the 99%. The real 99% get up in the morning and go to work.
Definatly true bro.
Like i said, i don't really know what these people are specificly protesting against. I don't think it's because they can't find jobs. If it's about how normal people are getting fucked over by rich corporations, I think only lawmakers can change the policys on that. I don't know what "occupying wall street" is really supposed to accomplish.

All that is beside the point. I don't care if they're protesting for free pony rides for kids on tuesdays or the permanant return of the McRib. You are supposed to be able to peaceably assemble and protest under your constitutional rights without the cops fucking with you.
How are they pulling shit like this? :bullshit:
[youtube]rIccco4PRRk[/youtube]
Campus police? Fuck those mall security guard wanna bees.
negadave Wrote:
Joe Wrote:They aren't really the 99%. The real 99% get up in the morning and go to work.
Definatly true bro.
Like i said, i don't really know what these people are specificly protesting against. I don't think it's because they can't find jobs. If it's about how normal people are getting fucked over by rich corporations, I think only lawmakers can change the policys on that. I don't know what "occupying wall street" is really supposed to accomplish.

All that is beside the point. I don't care if they're protesting for free pony rides for kids on tuesdays or the permanant return of the McRib. You are supposed to be able to peaceably assemble and protest under your constitutional rights without the cops fucking with you.
How are they pulling shit like this? :bullshit:

A lot of it IS because they don't have jobs. They also feel they shouldn't have to pay for college, and all their loans should be expunged because they can't pay them. Slackers.

Don't know what happened at the campus. I know the head of security was removed because of it. That was overreach for sure. And it was pepper spray, not mace. Ask anyone that's been maced, and they'll tell you there's a difference (i.e. bleeding, chemical burns, etc). Again, I believe it's a case of where protesters are pushing police over and over and over, harassing, and only turn on the cameras to catch the retaliation.

It's a Hockey rule! No one sees the reason for the fight, they only see the retaliation lol
[quote="ap bikini teamDon't know what happened at the campus. I know the head of security was removed because of it. That was overreach for sure. And it was pepper spray, not mace. Ask anyone that's been maced, and they'll tell you there's a difference (i.e. bleeding, chemical burns, etc). Again, I believe it's a case of where protesters are pushing police over and over and over, harassing, and only turn on the cameras to catch the retaliation.

Have you ever worked entirely too long? Too many days in a row? Too many hours? Not enough sleep? You're probably pretty damn irritable too.[/quote]

I usually agree with you paul, but not really on this. You're trying to justify unlawfull actions because the cops were getting irritated and they're patience was running thin? I would love it if anytime somebody got on my nerves or pissed me off i could just whoop ass. Somebody cuts me in line, takes my parking spot? BOnG! Society doesn't work that way bro. The rules are the rules. Just cause you're a dude that can't handle his emotions and act like a proffesional doesn't justify getting out of line.
I think what you guys are missing here is, i don't give a fuck about what these people are protesting, but more about the disregaurd of basic constitutional rights
negadave Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:Don't know what happened at the campus. I know the head of security was removed because of it. That was overreach for sure. And it was pepper spray, not mace. Ask anyone that's been maced, and they'll tell you there's a difference (i.e. bleeding, chemical burns, etc). Again, I believe it's a case of where protesters are pushing police over and over and over, harassing, and only turn on the cameras to catch the retaliation.

Have you ever worked entirely too long? Too many days in a row? Too many hours? Not enough sleep? You're probably pretty damn irritable too.

I usually agree with you paul, but not really on this. You're trying to justify unlawfull actions because the cops were getting irritated and they're patience was running thin? I would love it if anytime somebody got on my nerves or pissed me off i could just whoop ass. Somebody cuts me in line, takes my parking spot? BOnG! Society doesn't work that way bro. The rules are the rules. Just cause you're a dude that can't handle his emotions and act like a proffesional doesn't justify getting out of line.
I think what you guys are missing here is, i don't give a fuck about what these people are protesting, but more about the disregaurd of basic constitutional rights

I'm not excusing their actions. I think it's wrong that they're pepper spraying assholes too. However, I can see it happening. When you get pissed off, you can go away, or walk off, or find another way to fix things. Here, they HAVE to be there, work much longer hours, stay away from families. At some point, some people will snap! Do they need to be reprimanded, suspended, or fired? Yes. But at some point, I could get that pissed off too and go off, if I wasn't allowed to leave the situation. You're only seeing one side.

Now to your 2nd point, you're seeing very isolated cases (maybe a dozen so far), all over the country, to a protest that has been going on for months, in well over a dozen cities. I think that's a pretty good rate. I believe in the right to peaceably assemble and protest. I can argue that some of these protests have been anything other than peaceful. In NYC, there are people walking around half naked, confronting police, destroying private and public property, shitting in the streets, on police cars, and the list goes on. In other cities there have been prostitution arrests, rapes and assaults within the "camps". In Oakland and SD, "Peaceful protesters" have been arrested for building Molotov cocktails, have ransacked stores, sprawled grafitti on lowly street vendor carts all in the name of the "99%". To me, that isn't peaceful. And if you are evoking your constitutional right to assemble, you also have to follow that rule. The second you aren't following the law, you lose the right to be protected by it.

This UC David case, might be a case of police brutality. They might have been peacefully sitting there, and were attacked by police. However, they might have also been forcibly blocking main arteries into buildings, causing fire hazards, threatening college students ability to get an education, or workers ability to keep their job. They were told to move several times, but still decided to link arms so people couldn't even walk by them, and stay in the way of everyone else, when they could have easily "peacefully protested" on the grass. Was it wrong to pepper spray? Possibly. However, again, you see a video of someone being sprayed, but you don't know the whole story. Neither do I.
I agree with the protestors about the price of college. How is a kid from a midle to lower class family supposed to afford a good college? It just winds up keeping the lower class from getting anywhere.

I'd love to see more people abondon college. Too much worth is put on graduates that come out of college in their mid twenties that have never had to hold down a job while the guy who has worked full time since he was 18 gets shot down because he couldn't afford extra school.
Totally agree, Joe...

I teach college and thanks to the ADA, I have several students that have no business being in college, let alone being given a degree. It's sad because they are going to come out with a degree that is being given to them only because the federal government tells us that we have to give them special accommodations to help them.

Truth be told, the degree they are getting is one that I'm not sure they will ever get hired, and have 4-5yrs of private school education to pay for...

I've always been a believer that the world needs janitors and dishwashers. Not being degrading at all as those are all important to make our economy work. And I believe that the economy would be more successful if those jobs were not being filled with people so heavily burdened with college debt.

As well, trade schools are not a bad thing at all. So are 2 year schools. Hell, had I not gone the law school route, and had gone the manual labor route, I'd love being an electrician or something like that. Just because you did not go to college does not mean that you are stupid. Just because you don't have a degree does not mean you are stupid. It doesn't mean that you cannot contribute to society.

I'm growing sick and tired of people that don't have college degrees being looked at as second class citizens in a job hunt. Some of the positions I see advertised in the help wanted ads make me laugh when they want a college degree. Why? A high school diploma, with some vocational training or a 2 year program or certificate should be enough.

Sure, college educations are great things. Clearly I believe that if I teach at that level. But it's not for everyone and that's nothing to be ashamed of.
Joe Wrote:I agree with the protestors about the price of college. How is a kid from a midle to lower class family supposed to afford a good college? It just winds up keeping the lower class from getting anywhere.

I'd love to see more people abondon college. Too much worth is put on graduates that come out of college in their mid twenties that have never had to hold down a job while the guy who has worked full time since he was 18 gets shot down because he couldn't afford extra school.

I agree with you. College shouldn't equal a better job. If my company hired more people behind the scenes, I'd care more about experience, rather than a college degree. If you have work experience, you're probably less douchy than the entitled assholes that seem to be coming out of school lately.
ap bikini team Wrote:
negadave Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:Don't know what happened at the campus. I know the head of security was removed because of it. That was overreach for sure. And it was pepper spray, not mace. Ask anyone that's been maced, and they'll tell you there's a difference (i.e. bleeding, chemical burns, etc). Again, I believe it's a case of where protesters are pushing police over and over and over, harassing, and only turn on the cameras to catch the retaliation.

Have you ever worked entirely too long? Too many days in a row? Too many hours? Not enough sleep? You're probably pretty damn irritable too.

I'm not excusing their actions. I think it's wrong that they're pepper spraying assholes too. However, I can see it happening. When you get pissed off, you can go away, or walk off, or find another way to fix things. Here, they HAVE to be there, work much longer hours, stay away from families. At some point, some people will snap! Do they need to be reprimanded, suspended, or fired? Yes. But at some point, I could get that pissed off too and go off, if I wasn't allowed to leave the situation. You're only seeing one side.

Now to your 2nd point, you're seeing very isolated cases (maybe a dozen so far), all over the country, to a protest that has been going on for months, in well over a dozen cities. I think that's a pretty good rate. I believe in the right to peaceably assemble and protest. I can argue that some of these protests have been anything other than peaceful. In NYC, there are people walking around half naked, confronting police, destroying private and public property, shitting in the streets, on police cars, and the list goes on. In other cities there have been prostitution arrests, rapes and assaults within the "camps". In Oakland and SD, "Peaceful protesters" have been arrested for building Molotov cocktails, have ransacked stores, sprawled grafitti on lowly street vendor carts all in the name of the "99%". To me, that isn't peaceful. And if you are evoking your constitutional right to assemble, you also have to follow that rule. The second you aren't following the law, you lose the right to be protected by it.

This UC David case, might be a case of police brutality. They might have been peacefully sitting there, and were attacked by police. However, they might have also been forcibly blocking main arteries into buildings, causing fire hazards, threatening college students ability to get an education, or workers ability to keep their job. They were told to move several times, but still decided to link arms so people couldn't even walk by them, and stay in the way of everyone else, when they could have easily "peacefully protested" on the grass. Was it wrong to pepper spray? Possibly. However, again, you see a video of someone being sprayed, but you don't know the whole story. Neither do I.
Alright Paul, you kinda swayed me with this post. You make a good point
I have been waiting to post on this. I wanted to write a big long thing with all kinds of links and stuff. I have decided not to.

I am sure you all pretty much can guess where I stand on this, right in line with Hondo, as with most political things.

Occupy started as a VERY good idea. The Obama bank bailouts were bullshit. Obama did add bank regulations that were very good, on late fees and OD fees and shit like that, but then the banks just countered it my jacking up interest and charging account service fees. But if your smart, you still can save some money off the new fee regulation. BUT Occupy was a great IDEA. It was executed VERY poorly. It turned into nothing more than college liberal hippies looking for free shit and complaining just to complain. Taunting police to the breaking point, then making videos to make the police look bad. They are breaking laws, trespassing, doing drugs and destroying the businesses of real hard working people. Their camps are unsanitary, eye sores on the community and drug havens. There have been overdose deaths, rapes, disease and robbery in their camps. Flat out, they are breaking the law. The right to protest does not give you the right to do so unlawfully. I have no problem with a good, peaceful, legal protest that ends at the end of the day and everyone goes home, to come back the next day if they want to do more LEGAL protesting and have the proper permits to do so. There is NO reason for people to camp overnight and create disgusting conditions. For some reason, they are being funded by rich liberals also, which builds their shelters and fills their kitchens in camp.

Bottom line, they took a good middle class protest created by people in the middle on politics and the fucking hippie liberal hand out askers turned it into an eyesore that will never get the attention the original premise deserved.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I didn't follow it too close, but it seemed like it turned into some kind of woodstock type hippie party.
In my opinion and in my work experience, the only way to hurt somebody is to hit them in the wallet. stop spending your money on the company's who's policys you don't like.
Hanging out in a park isn't changing shit. I get the feeling that alot of those protesters were hipsters trying to act cool jumping on a cause while problly drinking starbucks they bought with their big bank debit card and posting shit to youtube on their I phones.
Full video of the UC-Davis pepper spraying. Funny how the entire story wasn't told by the media. This is a completely legitimate use of force. Those fuckers got off light. Had anyone pulled that shit when I was on the job they'd have gone to the hospital.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y&feature=share">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE ... ture=share</a><!-- m -->
Hondo Wrote:Full video of the UC-Davis pepper spraying. Funny how the entire story wasn't told by the media. This is a completely legitimate use of force. Those fuckers got off light. Had anyone pulled that shit when I was on the job they'd have gone to the hospital.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y&feature=share">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE ... ture=share</a><!-- m -->

The media rarely, if ever, tells the full story. They like to dramatize everything anymore.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I kind of figured everyone assumed the protesters were being ass holes like that.
My issue is with police (and campus police wanna be's) just resorting to physical attacks right off the bat.
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to interfere and impede the police.
As soon as they do that, arrest them too.
If they put up a fight, guess what. Now they're resisting arrest.
There's another law they're breaking.
If they keep putting up a fight, that's when you pull out the tasers and pepper spray.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Healthcare with an occupy tie in Pete Nice 39 11,603 12-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Last Post: ap bikini team