Poll: Do you believe in typical gender roles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
6 66.67%
No
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender Roles
can someone explain to me what the "debate" is here?
Rydrum Wrote:can someone explain to me what the "debate" is here?
In the law enforcement camera thead, you came off as a really educated dude. You can't figure this one out??
you gonna provide for your girl or be the type of dude that doesnt do shit and goes through life having his girl carry him?
negadave Wrote:
In the law enforcement camera thead, you came off as a really educated dude. You can't figure this one out??
you gonna provide for your girl or be the type of dude that doesnt do shit and goes through life having his girl carry him?

First of all, no one defined what the debate is about. If you say "gender roles" to most people I know, it refers to the "nature-nurture debate" on whether society creates & pressures the gender roles that kids conform to vs the ones kids naturally gravitate towards. Because "gender roles" has a specific technical meaning which is not how it is used here.

Which is why when I saw the responses I asked.
negadave Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:if this topic says that men cant be stay at home dads......then I'm against it.

I'd love to be at home, and not at work :high5:
:whomo: and if my girlfriend wants to mow the lawn, I'm not going to say no.

Fuck all that. I gotta date a girl that likes to be a girly girl, i can't have her changing my oil and opening jars for me and shit. I like a girl that needs me for shit like that, even if she fakes it. In fact i kinda like a chick playing up how she needs help with shit, makes me feel like the man :?

I open the jars in our house. He probably could if I bothered to ask him, but fuck that shit. I don't need his help.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

These fuckers think that a woman's place is doing dishes and baking pies. I say ABSOLUTE-LEE NOT.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Rydrum is going to over analyze the shit out of this discussion isn't he...
Joe Wrote:Rydrum is going to over analyze the shit out of this discussion isn't he...

nah- I don't believe in gender roles. My nussie has a job that will make more money than I will and good for me & her.
Rydrum Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Rydrum is going to over analyze the shit out of this discussion isn't he...

nah- I don't believe in gender roles. My nussie has a job that will make more money than I will and good for me & her.

:high5:
[Image: 2.jpg]
Chip Wrote:[Image: 2.jpg]

I love that story.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:[Image: 2.jpg]

I love that story.

"Boys build houses. Girls keep houses".
I don't like that part of the story. Confusedad:
Let's see, what have I done today.. recharged the battery on my dead car, then patched and sanded the hole in the wall that was made by the kids playing with the door.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Let's see, what have I done today.. recharged the battery on my dead car, then patched and sanded the hole in the wall that was made by the kids playing with the door.

and during all of this playing around dinner never got made and the dishes are still dirty.