Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC security software
So, I changed internet providers and subsequently changed the provided security software.

Now that I have changed it I'm having all kinds of problems running firefox, and youtube barely works. I'd like to know what good, FREE security software is out there. preferably a comprehensive software package for antivirus, webscan and all that stuff
I use Avast on my laptop and it works like a charm, updates twice a day and never paid a cent. Catching shit all the time and blocks it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I use Avast on my laptop and it works like a charm, updates twice a day and never paid a cent. Catching shit all the time and blocks it.
is that AVG?

oh, thanks
I use AVG Free and scan the PC occassionally with Malwarebytes
Pete Nice Wrote:I use Avast on my laptop and it works like a charm, updates twice a day and never paid a cent. Catching shit all the time and blocks it.
:whomo: I use Avast on my desktop, and so far it worked better than Norton. Norton doesn't protect for shit. I also use Malwarebytes too.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Or you could maybe ask for a link from someone who has really good paid shit parked online and available for download on request.
Brampton Wrote:
is that AVG?

oh, thanks

AVG is very similar, I like Avast better b/c it handles shit more on it's own than AVG.

And like Joe said, I have malwarebytes also and run a scan every few months.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I use AVG, Malwarebytes and SpyBot.
SpyBot has this "TeaTimer" thing that tells me everytime a system setting changes, and asks if I want to allow it, I always just decline and I've never had any problems.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Security Pete Nice 30 9,258 04-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DaveP
  Open Source Software Joe 0 1,015 06-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Joe