Poll: Best candidate
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Michele Bachmann
9.09%
1 9.09%
Herman Cain
0%
0 0%
Newt Gingrich
0%
0 0%
Jon Huntsman
0%
0 0%
Ron Paul
36.36%
4 36.36%
Mitt Romney
18.18%
2 18.18%
Rick Santorum
9.09%
1 9.09%
Rick Perry
9.09%
1 9.09%
Sarah palin
0%
0 0%
Barack Obama
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Candidates
C&D just tested the Volt against the Cruze using a real-world driving scenario. Where a hybrid like the Volt excels is in short city trips. If that's all you do it's fine.

That Fiat is diesel...and you can single-handedly thank GM for ruining diesel cars in America with their pieces of shit from the late 70's and early 80's.
ap bikini team Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I am curious as to who Paul thinks is a good canidate

Kind of tough. Personally I like Ron Paul. He's been on the same platform since he was first in office and hasn't wavered like Romney. However, I don't think he's got the mainstream support to get the nomination. It's "Hip" and "Cool" for those idiots at Occupy Wall Streets to extol his virtue, but it's only hype. Not one of those hippy assholes would actually vote for him, simply because he'll have an "R" next to his name. Cain has some good ideas, but his 9% national sales tax ONLY works if it never goes up. France introduced a similar consumption tax, and has risen nearly 300% since it started. His foreign policy is coming along, but he seems to be happy to lean on the "I'm a business man, not a politician" crutch, rather than actually learn about what someone who wants to be president needs to know. Rick Perry is too dumb to get it, and too many people will compare him to Bush and make him untouchable. Huntsman isn't bad either, but his support is non-existent.

If I could combine Ron Paul, Cain and Huntsman I'd be happy. However, one of the problems I'll have with whatever candidate is they are not going to be for any more regulation, and one glaring loop hole is out there. One way to get this country back on track is to get gas prices lower. There is no facet of our lives that aren't touched by gas. A way to bring it down is to regulate the OTC (Over the Counter) oil trade. There are economists that believe just mandating that you identify yourself when making a purchase (currently anyone can buy millions of barrels for investment or to simply artificially inflate prices, without giving ANY FORM OF IDENTIFICATION or RECORD OF SALE), will cause a 50% cut in the traffic and lucrative market, causing the cost of crude to plummet. Regulate it even further to allow holding investment firms from buying gas as part of their portfolio, and it drops even more (there are currently more barrels of oil held in portfolio and holding houses, than available on the open market) Venezuela's Citgo provides their people with gas at $.17 a gallon with ZERO government subsidies. Even with exchange rates and our road and gas taxes, the cost of a gallon should be less than $1.50.

Obama isn't for me. He'd rather play politics with his base (not saying most reps aren't doing the same), than do anything real. He'll announce something that he KNOWS will never make it out of the house, just so he can blame them, rather than make real policies that have a chance. He'd rather pander to environmentalists than allow Canada to build a pipeline to the gulf, providing us with thousands of jobs both creating the pipeline and maintaining it, AND helping out a real ally and providing cheaper crude that could truly drop our dependence on foreign oil by trading with our most faithful ally.

He'd rather shove the Chevy Volt down our throats, boasting we need alternative energy without ensuring that the infrastructure needed to make it a viable car choice. Even worse, no one wants it. The only reason it's sold anything is because government agencies are getting subsidized to buy them. It's 15k over priced and inferior (The Nissan Leaf gets 200 more miles per charge and is 15k less than the Volt).

I don't really see who is going to be a viable option against Obama, I just know I won't be voting for him, regardless of who the Republicans put against him.

QFT
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Hondo Wrote:C&D just tested the Volt against the Cruze using a real-world driving scenario. Where a hybrid like the Volt excels is in short city trips. If that's all you do it's fine.

That Fiat is diesel...and you can single-handedly thank GM for ruining diesel cars in America with their pieces of shit from the late 70's and early 80's.

The early 80's was 30 years ago, people should have gotten over that by now.

Then there's the upcoming Ford Fusion Hyrid that someone tested in DC city traffic and pulled of 70 to 80 mpg.
Hondo Wrote:C&D just tested the Volt against the Cruze using a real-world driving scenario. Where a hybrid like the Volt excels is in short city trips. If that's all you do it's fine.

Its the only reason I would buy a vw.

I wish the diesel focus would come here. Maybe i'll get the electric one

sent from the legion of doom
ap bikini team Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I am curious as to who Paul thinks is a good canidate

Kind of tough. Personally I like Ron Paul. He's been on the same platform since he was first in office and hasn't wavered like Romney. However, I don't think he's got the mainstream support to get the nomination. It's "Hip" and "Cool" for those idiots at Occupy Wall Streets to extol his virtue, but it's only hype. Not one of those hippy assholes would actually vote for him, simply because he'll have an "R" next to his name. Cain has some good ideas, but his 9% national sales tax ONLY works if it never goes up. France introduced a similar consumption tax, and has risen nearly 300% since it started. His foreign policy is coming along, but he seems to be happy to lean on the "I'm a business man, not a politician" crutch, rather than actually learn about what someone who wants to be president needs to know. Rick Perry is too dumb to get it, and too many people will compare him to Bush and make him untouchable. Huntsman isn't bad either, but his support is non-existent.

I watched the debate in Detroit last night. I thought Ron Paul seemed like he had his shit together better than the rest. It seemed like the guys that have been getting the most media attention are all a bit cliche and wacky.

I still don't know who I would vote for over-all. I don't trust any of them.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:

The early 80's was 30 years ago, people should have gotten over that by now.

Then there's the upcoming Ford Fusion Hyrid that someone tested in DC city traffic and pulled of 70 to 80 mpg.

I saw some "disguised" Fords being test-driven today. They were suvs or cross-overs, but they were coated in spotted decals. They were hiring test-drivers in Clarkston, but they only pay $8.25/hr and you drive about 300 miles a day.
I wish I gotten to the Chevy dealership, so I could test drive those cars. I am seeing more Volts around town and a lot of Cruze's. Fact is that GM is realizing that the Volt is over-priced, but people are still curious to check it out and many of those people in turn buy the Cruze instead. I was reading how GM is telling dealerships to keep at least one Volt on-hand and use it to lure in potential customers.

Jim's plant that he works at actually make the interior components for those cars, so I hope they continue to succeed, he's being scoring a ton of OT because of the sales. I think I want to work harder to get into the manufacturing part for the auto industry. People are hiring in there again and things seem to be looking up. (That's the shit that matters afterall, something that seems to be talked about but so vaguely at these debates).
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Hondo Wrote:The Chevy Cruze gets better overall mpg than the Volt does. And it's a lot less money.

There's an even easier fix to the gas price problem...require commodities traders to have a minimum 50% margin to buy and sell. As it is they are able to grossly manipulate the market with no cash stake in it. Change that alone and oil drops by half. We also should have taken a straight 25% of the Iraqi oil right off the top until we retire our debt from the war. Personally I have zero issues with a war for oil. Our very survival as a nation depends on cheap energy and if we have to kick someone's ass to get it...well better them than us.

Thanks, that was the other regulation that I wanted to include, but couldn't remember the specifics. It's the same regulation that I believe exists in food commodities like potatoes and corn (specifically so people can't artificially inflate food prices the same way). Combine these and the pipeline, and we don't have a gas problem anymore.

We can also make democrats happy and lower some of the government subsidies that Oil companies take advantage of. Then the government saves some money AND we aren't being raped at the pump.

Sadly, too many lobbyists would keep that simple solution from happening.
What government subsidies are you referring to? There aren't any. In fact oil companies pay a higher percentage of tax share of earnings than almost all other major industries.

What really pisses me off is this constant "Record profit" bullshit. Gross numbers mean nothing. Profit MARGIN is what matters, not gross revenue. If it costs you 20 billion dollars to make $23 billion you made 13% profit. If you look at industry profit margins as a whole you'll see that the oil and gas business actually is quite average with what everyone else makes in terms of net profit. Naturally you never hear this in the media because it's not nearly as glamorous and newsworthy to show the truth. It sells much better the other way.
I don't care who you are...this shit is awesome

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hermancain.com/dudebronation">http://www.hermancain.com/dudebronation</a><!-- m -->
He definite lee has his fault, but so far, I am a Herman Cain supporter. For now at least, things may change, I just like his attitude.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
i bleed green Wrote:Ron Paul hands down.
:high5:
I'm not really up on things now, but i seen a bunch of youtube stuff with Ron Paul talking about the economy from like 3 years ago and it seems like he knows his shit. Plus he really pushes for government sticking to the constitution and seems like he has the same ideals as the founding fathers, and i like that