Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Couponing Thread
what is a P&G saver?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:what is a P&G saver?

It's one of the coupon inserts usually found in the Sunday paper. They also have a website, I think I am signed up for it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:what is a P&G saver?

There are several Coupon Inserts. The 3 main ones are Smart Source (weekly), Red Plum (2-3 times a week), and the P&G Saver (once a month, typically last weekend of each month, but sometimes first week of the month, whichever is closest to the 1st of the month).

Best way to grab them, is talk to friends and family that buy Sunday papers, and have them give you their coupons that they don't use. You need to start getting a bunch to really take care of the sales.
I still don't understand how you get down to getting shit for free. Say some Pampers cost $20. It's double coupon day. and I have 5 $2 dollar coupons, does that make it free? I thought they all say that its one coupon per item or something.
DaveP Wrote:I still don't understand how you get down to getting shit for free. Say some Pampers cost $20. It's double coupon day. and I have 5 $2 dollar coupons, does that make it free? I thought they all say that its one coupon per item or something.

Buying in bulk is not the way to go. You wait till the smaller packs (that go on sale for like $8) and buy several packs of them, so you can use more coupons to bring down the costs.

Just buying the pampers won't always do it. But if you buy several other products where the coupons are worth more than the items, you can use the difference to bring down the cost of other items.

Yes, it can get complicated, but it's kind of dieting or working out: You need to follow through to make sure you get the right deals. Bug the companies you like, actually sit down and write a letter about how much you like their shit. You'd be surprised how many companies will send you massively large coupons to continue to have you dealing with them. I told Tide I wasn't a big fan of their new Pods (secretly I love them), and they said they were sorry and are sending me 2 high value coupons that I can take to the store and grab 2 100oz bottles (average 17.99 at stores). That's $35 worth of shit for just writing an email.

Think outside the box, because thinking in the box will get you broke. You think I care that some people think I'm a hoarder, or that people in line huff and puff when I pull out a book full of coupons? Fuck them. I've bought over 100k worth of shit over the last year with coupons and spent around 2k for it all. Then I went out and sold most of it for probably 20k. So not only have I cut my home bill to next to nothing, but I've given myself a part time job that pays like a full time job, and everyone around me benefits.
DaveP Wrote:I still don't understand how you get down to getting shit for free. Say some Pampers cost $20. It's double coupon day. and I have 5 $2 dollar coupons, does that make it free? I thought they all say that its one coupon per item or something.

Here's an example of something I did this week. Acme markets were having some kick ass sales this week. The big one that was going on were Buy One Get One Free Gillette and Daisy disposable razors. Do I need them? Hell no, I've got so many razors I could use a new one every day for the next 5 years and not run out. HOWEVER, I have BOGO coupons and $2 off coupons that I can use together on that sale and for every 2 sets of razors I buy, I have $2 that I can use on something that either isn't a great buy or don't have a coupon for. So I bought 40 packs of razors, and that gave me $20 to play around with. So I used that to buy all the meat products. There was another BOGO sale for Noodles. I had doubled coupons that made .50 for each set of noodles. So I bought 30 packs for another $15 to use. I bought my steak sauce (that as on sale and with combining the overage and the coupons made them free), 20 free bottles of dressing (on sale for $1.00 and I had $1.00 off coupons). And a bunch of other shit. The total for everything was right around $700, and I paid $23 out of pocket. You could just as easily use those ways to grab diapers for free too.

Do you need all that shit? Some of it probably not. But who cares? If it helps you grab what you want for free, then get it. Give it away or sell it off. Doesn't matter.
Back in the day I used to send hand written letters to various companies. After my declaration of loyalty to their company, I would ask if they had any new products I might like.

Not long after, I would receive boxes full of free samples, and coupons for free things.

All the tabacco companies have amazing free deals if you want to put in the time. Even if you don't smoke or the spit tabacco.

Im still riding my 500 dollar bike daily, I got for free from marlboro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the info, I'm starting to understand it more. I'm going to start hoarding coupons. I know the guy up the road at the convenience store pretty well, im sure he would give me all the coupons left over from the sunday papers, since they throw them away anyhow. also, I could get a ton from family members. I'm going to give it a try and see how I can do.

Is Walmart ever a good option for using coupons? Seems like smaller chain grocery stores would have better BOGO sales and shit like that.
DaveP Wrote:Thanks for the info, I'm starting to understand it more. I'm going to start hoarding coupons. I know the guy up the road at the convenience store pretty well, im sure he would give me all the coupons left over from the sunday papers, since they throw them away anyhow. also, I could get a ton from family members. I'm going to give it a try and see how I can do.

Is Walmart ever a good option for using coupons? Seems like smaller chain grocery stores would have better BOGO sales and shit like that.

Walmart is pretty good. The only drawback is they don't double coupons. But there are normally a lot of deals where the coupons go further. The good thing is though, you can get around some of your more restrictive coupon chains by taking circulars to Walmart and they'll price match. So if you have a store that only allows 4 like coupons per item and you really want to buy a bunch without standing in line through 5-10 transactions, you can take it to Walmart and buy to your heart's content. Also, if you have coupons that create an overage, Walmart will refund you the money at the end of the transaction if your total ends up below zero. But make sure you have a coupon policy handy because I've never had a situation where they have NOT argued that they can't do it.
A friend of mine starting couponing about 6 months ago. She'll stop by our recycle site and filter through all the newspapers to get the coupons... Then since our employee does nothing but sit on her ass, I get her to pick through the newspapers... I've got a box of coupons just sitting beside me
NussieT Wrote:A friend of mine starting couponing about 6 months ago. She'll stop by our recycle site and filter through all the newspapers to get the coupons... Then since our employee does nothing but sit on her ass, I get her to pick through the newspapers... I've got a box of coupons just sitting beside me

I need to find connections like that.....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:A friend of mine starting couponing about 6 months ago. She'll stop by our recycle site and filter through all the newspapers to get the coupons... Then since our employee does nothing but sit on her ass, I get her to pick through the newspapers... I've got a box of coupons just sitting beside me

Find a recycle center near you. Most are coupon friendly. Or make friends with a convenience store manager that will let you sift through papers on Sunday night's before it's picked up in the morning.
ap bikini team Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Find a recycle center near you. Most are coupon friendly. Or make friends with a convenience store manager that will let you sift through papers on Sunday night's before it's picked up in the morning.

That's the connection I have, convenience store next to my house. He said I can have them whenever I want, I just have to start actually using them.
I got my circulars in the mail yesterday. I think ours is the smart source one. The coupons were shit. THere might have been 15 coupons total to.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Petey, there are coupons online, too.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swoot News Thread Derick 30 9,715 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  The I'm drunk thread Derick 26 7,705 04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  the video thread mongo 2 1,668 04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post: negadave
  Post here while you drink thread mongo 228 51,659 04-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Last Post: i bleed green