Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Couponing Thread
ap bikini team Wrote:[Image: 307502_2478019118889_1504831670_2660586_536507969_n.jpg]

$1718.35 for .07. I love it Smile
Wow. Just wow. I only make fun of you because of jealousy, you sour milk smelling, hoarder. I need to get my wife to start doing this. I will even tolerate her smelling like sour milk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
So. How long before regulations are put in place to stop this? If enough people start doing this, its only a matter of time before companies shut this down. Seems to happen with anything that starts going main stream.

LeNeve Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:[Image: 307502_2478019118889_1504831670_2660586_536507969_n.jpg]

Wow. Just wow. I only make fun of you because of jealousy, you sour milk smelling, hoarder. I need to get my wife to start doing this. I will even tolerate her smelling like sour milk.

Hahaha

Sent from the future
LeNeve Wrote:So. How long before regulations are put in place to stop this? If enough people start doing this, its only a matter of time before companies shut this down. Seems to happen with anything that starts going main stream.

There's actually been a lot of push back on this. Each company makes their own rules, and a lot of them have started changing up the rules to prevent big things like this. However, it's been more because of customers upset, rather than a loss of profit (which is non-existent since the manufacturer refunds the face value plus .08). Some rule changes that have changed just since I've started doing this is Rite Aid and Target have stopped letting you use a Buy One Get One Free coupon on existing BOGO sales, that let you get both of them free without buying anything, some stores have limited the amount of coupons that will double, or number of coupons used per transaction, not letting you break up purchases without making you physically leave the store first. Just little things.

The manager of the Rite Aid that I raid, hates me. It's more because he keeps the store half stocked, so when I roll through, it reveals how shitty an inventory he keeps. He's tried to limit what I do, but his district manager basically said if he comes down on people like me, he'll be looking for a new job. I try to do things that make things easier on the store, like going late at night, only tieing up one line, and letting customers ahead of you. I could be a douche and price match all my items (which I could do, but feel it's double dipping, and since I don't pay shit anyway, might as well make the company as much money as possible), or do my shopping during 5 o'clock rushes. And he's tempted me over some of the shit he's started to try to do to me.

Ok, explain this.. really good coupons or you have been building up you Rite Aid rewards??
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:So. How long before regulations are put in place to stop this? If enough people start doing this, its only a matter of time before companies shut this down. Seems to happen with anything that starts going main stream.

A lot of the stores around me have put a limit of 3 coupons max per item, per address.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

A lot of the stores around me have put a limit of 3 coupons max per item, per address.

That's when you make a phantom "APT 1" to your address lol
Savings Experiment: Bagging the Best Deals on Groceries

See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/s122KN

Wow that sucks. Rite Aid, by far has the best coupon policy. Although, Walmart has pretty good ones also (you can use up to 40 coupons without a manager approval, and they don't have a like item limit on coupons or store items).

And as far as your last question, just really good coupons and high value coupons, and using the overage to buy other stuff. Up Rewards void if you go under the sales tax. So I only use them on non tax items like diapers and wipes (that I sell to friends).
ap bikini team Wrote:

Wow that sucks. Rite Aid, by far has the best coupon policy. Although, Walmart has pretty good ones also (you can use up to 40 coupons without a manager approval, and they don't have a like item limit on coupons or store items).

And as far as your last question, just really good coupons and high value coupons, and using the overage to buy other stuff. Up Rewards void if you go under the sales tax. So I only use them on non tax items like diapers and wipes (that I sell to friends).

Haha.
Suuuurrreee you do.
Chip Wrote:Haha.
Suuuurrreee you do.

Hell yeah I do lol. To anyone that has kids, if I said I'll sell you a large box of diapers and 2 jumbo packs of Wipes for $20, they're all over it. It's a great deal to them, and I make money on it.
ap bikini team Wrote:
Suuuurrreee you do.

Hell yeah I do lol. To anyone that has kids, if I said I'll sell you a large box of diapers and 2 jumbo packs of Wipes for $20, they're all over it. It's a great deal to them, and I make money on it.

you mean you don't drive across country without stopping, by using the diapers...?
ap bikini team Wrote:
Suuuurrreee you do.

Every time I see the deals you pull I get motivated to try it.
Then I start looking, and find coupons for 55 cents off, my head starts spinning and I give up. Confusedad:
Chip Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:
Suuuurrreee you do.

Every time I see the deals you pull I get motivated to try it.
Then I start looking, and find coupons for 55 cents off, my head starts spinning and I give up. Confusedad:

There are a bunch of those. But there are $2 and $10 coupons out there. That's what I use. But I still use a LOT of those small $.55 coupons too. At most supermarkets, they double.
This is not extreme coupon stuff, but still an easy way to score free shit.

I haven't done it in awhile, but I used to write letters to companies, expressing my love for the product, asking if they had new stuff coming out, and even just asking for nutritional information.

Every time they sent a box full of the product, including any new stuff they were about to put out. My biggest score was 25 pounds of beef jerky from whatever company had slim jim at the time.

This was back before all the shit had a website, and a facebook though. All hand written letters using a stamp and the usps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swoot News Thread Derick 30 9,715 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  The I'm drunk thread Derick 26 7,705 04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  the video thread mongo 2 1,668 04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post: negadave
  Post here while you drink thread mongo 228 51,659 04-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Last Post: i bleed green