Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a tablet PC? HP goes 'bonk'
[Image: 71ff1ce33f4dd33b840d8f9771f2c148.png]
Joe Wrote:[Image: 71ff1ce33f4dd33b840d8f9771f2c148.png]

Dick
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Not sure I would have made that jump. Everything I read is HP is getting out of the tablet and PC business. I also read one story (TechCrunch I think) that said they were not going forward with WebOS or put any further development into upgrades and apps. I also heard a PodCast saying Best Buy have been trying to ship them back to HP because of poor sales.

Good luck guys!

HP is getting out of the PC business?? What the hell will they sell? All my pcs have been HPs and I've been quite happy with them.

Servers. Just like IBM did years ago.

Well, crap.... Confusedad: (As I type from my HP pc)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Not sure I would have made that jump. Everything I read is HP is getting out of the tablet and PC business. I also read one story (TechCrunch I think) that said they were not going forward with WebOS or put any further development into upgrades and apps. I also heard a PodCast saying Best Buy have been trying to ship them back to HP because of poor sales.

Good luck guys!

HP is getting out of the PC business?? What the hell will they sell? All my pcs have been HPs and I've been quite happy with them.

Servers. Just like IBM did years ago.

Well, crap.... Confusedad: (As I type from my HP pc)

Don't worry Beckster, HP is not totally going away, just getting out of retail. They will still honor all warranties and parts will still be available until well after you get a new PC.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:Don't worry Beckster, HP is not totally going away, just getting out of retail. They will still honor all warranties and parts will still be available until well after you get a new PC.

I get that, I am just not sure what my next pc will be now. I was kinda hooked on that brand.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:Don't worry Beckster, HP is not totally going away, just getting out of retail. They will still honor all warranties and parts will still be available until well after you get a new PC.

I get that, I am just not sure what my next pc will be now. I was kinda hooked on that brand.

The wife and I both got new Sonys in April and we both absolutely love them. I would recommend a Sony. We ordered ours directly through their website, I also would recommend doing it that way, shipping is usually free and you can get it set up how you want.

Their PCs and laptops have been shit for the last few years. Your best bet is to buy a Dell.

Sent from a corn field
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

The wife and I both got new Sonys in April and we both absolutely love them. I would recommend a Sony. We ordered ours directly through their website, I also would recommend doing it that way, shipping is usually free and you can get it set up how you want.

I guess, I'll be checking those out soon. Thanx Petey!
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:

Their PCs and laptops have been shit for the last few years. Your best bet is to buy a Dell.

Sent from a corn field

My Dell was great, still is, I use it as a backup. Their customer service is probably the best I have ever encountered also.

Dell or Sony, those are probably the only two brands I would buy at this point.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Their PCs and laptops have been shit for the last few years. Your best bet is to buy a Dell.

Sent from a corn field

My Dell was great, still is, I use it as a backup. Their customer service is probably the best I have ever encountered also.

I use a Lenovo at work, seems to be a solid machine.
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Their PCs and laptops have been shit for the last few years. Your best bet is to buy a Dell.

Sent from a corn field

I have heard good things, have never seen one in a store though.

Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Sent from a corn field

I have heard good things, have never seen one in a store though.
I'm not sure they have a retail presence, they may only be order direct.
I think I am going to try to keep my HP Media Center going as long as I can.
I HATE PIE!!
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Sent from a corn field

I use Lenovo at home. They aren't all shiny and great looking, but they are a solid laptop. Their service has somewhat gone downhill since Lenovo took over. IBM was much better.
I have been contemplating buying a new laptop for almost a year now, now I am going through a maybe I should get a tablet thought phase. Still not sure which route I should go... I have a Dell for work and it's great. Jim's dad is trying to convince me to get a Lenovo, just because he has one. I think if I do get a laptop it'll be a Dell because I can get it in the green color I love!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop/Tablet Help NussieT 43 17,298 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Hondo