Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a tablet PC? HP goes 'bonk'
NussieT Wrote:I have been contemplating buying a new laptop for almost a year now, now I am going through a maybe I should get a tablet thought phase. Still not sure which route I should go... I have a Dell for work and it's great. Jim's dad is trying to convince me to get a Lenovo, just because he has one. I think if I do get a laptop it'll be a Dell because I can get it in the green color I love!

Sony has green
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I have been contemplating buying a new laptop for almost a year now, now I am going through a maybe I should get a tablet thought phase. Still not sure which route I should go... I have a Dell for work and it's great. Jim's dad is trying to convince me to get a Lenovo, just because he has one. I think if I do get a laptop it'll be a Dell because I can get it in the green color I love!

Sony has green

Sony is one step away from buying a MAC
If you want a reliable, cheap and bullet-proof desktop build your own. I've had Dell laptops for work and they've been great. My personal laptop is an Asus and the only bad thing about it is shitty battery life.
Hondo Wrote:If you want a reliable, cheap and bullet-proof desktop build your own. I've had Dell laptops for work and they've been great. My personal laptop is an Asus and the only bad thing about it is shitty battery life.

Never had an ASUS, but the reviews are great.
Latest update from TechCrunch...

HP: We’re Producing One Last Run Of TouchPads To Meet Demand

Ten days ago, HP announced that it was going to be liquidating its abruptly-discontinued TouchPad, the WebOS-powered iPad competitor that launched early this summer. When it first launched the device was going for $500; a later price drop to $400 didn’t do much to help sales. But the liquidation sale sure did. The new pricetag: $99.

All TouchPads available from both HP and retailers alike were sold out within a day or two. And since then, technophiles eager to get in on the deal have been refreshing their inboxes, Twitter feeds, and HP’s websites to find out when the remainder of HP’s unsold inventory would become available.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/30/hp-were...hCrunch%29
It doesn't make sense to me to buy a tablet for $500 to $800 when you can get a laptop for the same price. If they'd lower the prices on iPads and Android tablets they'd sell so many more of them.
Joe Wrote:It doesn't make sense to me to buy a tablet for $500 to $800 when you can get a laptop for the same price. If they'd lower the prices on iPads and Android tablets they'd sell so many more of them.

:whomo:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I am waiting for that price drop, too.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:It doesn't make sense to me to buy a tablet for $500 to $800 when you can get a laptop for the same price. If they'd lower the prices on iPads and Android tablets they'd sell so many more of them.
Because they are new and exciting, and still largely in the 'toy' phase.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I figure, until I have a practical application for getting/using a tablet, I have no use for it.

Books aren't that much cheaper on them, they don't do as much as my laptop, and you cant plug any peripherals into them (yet).

they are still toys
Brampton Wrote:I figure, until I have a practical application for getting/using a tablet, I have no use for it.

Books aren't that much cheaper on them, they don't do as much as my laptop, and you cant plug any peripherals into them (yet).

they are still toys
I hear this a lot but don't understand it. Are you trying to make the tablet a laptop? If so, buy a laptop. I've been using my iPad at the gym a lot to watch movies while doing along cardio workouts on the elliptical. I would rather watch something of my choosing as opposed to Bravo or E! all the time (my gym has terrible choice for TV programming). It would not be practical to bring in a laptop and my phones screen is just too small for long TV watching.
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I figure, until I have a practical application for getting/using a tablet, I have no use for it.

they are still toys
I hear this a lot but don't understand it. Are you trying to make the tablet a laptop? If so, buy a laptop. I've been using my iPad at the gym a lot to watch movies while doing along cardio workouts on the elliptical. I would rather watch something of my choosing as opposed to Bravo or E! all the time (my gym has terrible choice for TV programming). It would not be practical to bring in a laptop and my phones screen is just too small for long TV watching.
I mean for work. Diagnosing cars. That is practical. Making money with it. I use my laptop for this

Watching movies at the gym is playtime.

sent from high above mount toilet
I'm surprisede they aren't used more on the sidelines in the NFL. They would be perfect for stuff like that.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Which is why we bought $99 HP Touchpads. That's a toy price. I would NEVER have paid the going rate of $400-$600 for one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop/Tablet Help NussieT 43 17,298 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Hondo