Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday June 23... I need to pee.
Bryzgalov, 9 years at 51 million
5.6 cap hit.
They just traded away 10 million in cap hits.
They are not done.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't care how you spin it, they gave up what, 35% to 40% of their offense? And probably their two best players. Giroux and the fag diver can't do it all on their own.....Gonna be a lot of low scoring games in Philly this year.

Quick math, Carter and Richards were 23% of their goals. 59 of 256
GAA will be going way down too though.

Yeah but what percentage of their total points? That is more of what I was leaning towards.

I was going to go points, but then I'd have to add the points from every player.
They still have Giroux, Cherry picking pussy overrated Briere, young JVR, Leino maybe, bum ass diving Hartnell, and I can't imagine they're done.

Fixed
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:Bryzgalov, 9 years at 51 million
5.6 cap hit.
They are not done.

Jagr?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I don't see anyone of Carter or Richards talent level out there for them....

I thought the Flyers got better after the Carter trade, then worse after the Richards trade, at least in the present.

At least they got the Winter Classic today

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Richards to La for Schenn and Simmons

great deal for Philly

I don't know who either of those guys are. THey have that black guy Simmonds who had a decent year and is young, is that who you mean?
schenn is a stud future player, and simmons is a good player now.

It is Simmonds, not Simmons. He had a dece year. Both these guys are young, why are the Flyers rebuilding instead of trying to win now?

What if one of neither of them pan out?
thanks spell check
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't know who either of those guys are. THey have that black guy Simmonds who had a decent year and is young, is that who you mean?

It is Simmonds, not Simmons. He had a dece year. Both these guys are young, why are the Flyers rebuilding instead of trying to win now?

thanks spell check

I asked if you meant Simmonds the first time and you wrote Simmons again, making me think it was someone else...

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't know who either of those guys are. THey have that black guy Simmonds who had a decent year and is young, is that who you mean?

thanks spell check

I asked if you meant Simmonds the first time and you wrote Simmons again, making me think it was someone else...
I can't say I was worried about the spelling.....its the flyers afterall

Sent from the cockles of my heart, maybe the liver, maybe the kidneys, we dont know
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:I played Teenage mutant turtles, bubble bobble, I still haven't beat zelda

I had that old school, black book for Nintendo.
It had the complete maps for Zelda and Metroid, and had walk throughs for the original games.
we use to buy Nintendo power magazine and have debates if it was considered cheating by reading them

Listening now, I use to play so many games as a kid

I had Nintendo Power too, I think my first issue was number 3 or 4.
I wonder if they would be worth anything now.
I never had a subscription myself
[youtube]eegQI9WM6mk[/youtube]
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Pete Nice Wrote:I thought the Flyers got better after the Carter trade, then worse after the Richards trade, at least in the present.

I'm still confused by all this.
The Carter trade, I thought, ok, it's a salary dumb, and they got a good return on it with the high pick and good prospect.
I was thinking, I guess the 7 mil cap hit for Bryzgalov was right.
The Richards trade with it, holy shit, that was more of a hockey trade, but why in the hell would they do that?
Kinda makes me think the locker room rumors were true.
Then 5.6 for Bryz?
There was a lot more to this then a 'salary dump' and 'hockey trade'
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It is Simmonds, not Simmons. He had a dece year. Both these guys are young, why are the Flyers rebuilding instead of trying to win now?

thanks spell check

I can't say I was worried about the spelling.....its the flyers afterall

Sent from the cockles of my heart, maybe the liver, maybe the kidneys, we dont know

:high5: and he is black

Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I thought the Flyers got better after the Carter trade, then worse after the Richards trade, at least in the present.

I'm still confused by all this.
The Carter trade, I thought, ok, it's a salary dumb, and they got a good return on it with the high pick and good prospect.
I was thinking, I guess the 7 mil cap hit for Bryzgalov was right.
The Richards trade with it, holy shit, that was more of a hockey trade, but why in the hell would they do that?
Kinda makes me think the locker room rumors were true.
Then 5.6 for Bryz?
There was a lot more to this then a 'salary dump' and 'hockey trade'

It's a fire sale in Philly, Giroux and Briere are next. I would say Hartnell, but no one wants him. Time to rebuild!!!!

Cup for sure next season!
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Bryzgalov, 9 years at 51 million
5.6 cap hit.
They are not done.

Jagr?
Do Czechs like walking in the park too?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM