Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wine Forum
It seems like a lot of dudebros are into wine, and it is a cool thing to do these days. Post here your thoughts and feelings. I plan on starting a different thread for each wine I try and like, just to let the dudebros and nussies know what's out there, including price and maybe a picture of the bottle. I know Jdubb and Chellofellow can also be very helpful in this forum, as they both know 1000 times what I do about wine.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:It seems like a lot of dudebros are into wine, and it is a cool thing to do these days. Post here your thoughts and feelings. I plan on starting a different thread for each wine I try and like, just to let the dudebros and nussies know what's out there, including price and maybe a picture of the bottle. I know Jdubb and Chellofellow can also be very helpful in this forum, as they both know 1000 times what I do about wine.
I like the idea. I don't know a whole lot about wine, but I am very interested.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It seems like a lot of dudebros are into wine, and it is a cool thing to do these days. Post here your thoughts and feelings. I plan on starting a different thread for each wine I try and like, just to let the dudebros and nussies know what's out there, including price and maybe a picture of the bottle. I know Jdubb and Chellofellow can also be very helpful in this forum, as they both know 1000 times what I do about wine.
I like the idea. I don't know a whole lot about wine, but I am very interested.

Hence the forum.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
:fag:
Sorry Pete wine is not manly enough for Brampton. He only drinks beer made from moose blood.
Joe In PA Wrote:Sorry Pete wine is not manly enough for Brampton. He only drinks beer made from moose blood.

Its actually from the blood of seasonally sacrificed animals.

But so you know, we don't listen to tool as we sacrifice!
I don't know, all wine tastes the same to me. Its just my opinion
brampton Wrote:I don't know, all wine tastes the same to me. Its just my opinion
You need to go to a wine tasting. Having several different types to taste at the same time lets you see the difference.
Joe In PA Wrote:
brampton Wrote:I don't know, all wine tastes the same to me. Its just my opinion
You need to go to a wine tasting. Having several different types to taste at the same time lets you see the difference.

We did a proper wine tasting for my wedding. I couldn't tell the difference between them. Its not for me!
brampton Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

We did a proper wine tasting for my wedding. I couldn't tell the difference between them. Its not for me!
Maybe it isn't.

I was thinking maybe we need to open this forum up to Wine, Beer and Spirits. There's certainly a ton of beer out there that I have no idea about and plenty of Scotches, bourbons, whiskeys, etc that I'd like to learn more about.
Joe In PA Wrote:I was thinking maybe we need to open this forum up to Wine, Beer and Spirits. There's certainly a ton of beer out there that I have no idea about and plenty of Scotches, bourbons, whiskeys, etc that I'd like to learn more about.

I was thinking that too right after I saw that you made a wine section. I'm more into bourbons and whiskeys than wine.
Joe In PA Wrote:
brampton Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

Maybe it isn't.

I was thinking maybe we need to open this forum up to Wine, Beer and Spirits. There's certainly a ton of beer out there that I have no idea about and plenty of Scotches, bourbons, whiskeys, etc that I'd like to learn more about.

That's a lot of info, it would need 3 separate forums.

Pete Nice Wrote:That's a lot of info, it would need 3 separate forums.
You think 3 seperate forums? I would just combine them into 1 unless you plan on filling this one up with a huge amount of wine stuff.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:That's a lot of info, it would need 3 separate forums.
You think 3 seperate forums? I would just combine them into 1 unless you plan on filling this one up with a huge amount of wine stuff.

I definite LEE think three separate forums. I plan on adding a lot to this one. I am sure JDubb will be postin a lot of stuff also, and Chello if he ever comes back to play again.

Wine kicks ass!

Here are two of my favorites for summer:

WHITE: Cedar Creek Estate Winery Ehrenfelser (Kelowna, BC Canada):

[Image: 04-EHRENFELSER.gif]

TASTING NOTES
An elegant nose of fresh flowers, honeysuckle and pink grapefruit with hints of peach, nectarine, lime and nutmeg gives way to an off-dry palate that is medium in body with flavours of ripe peach, nectarine and spice. The slight sweetness balances the crisp fresh acidity. Affectionately referred to as ‘fruit-salad’ in a glass.

AWARDS
First Place, 2007 Okanagan Spring Wine Festival

Double Gold, 2007 All Canadian Wine Awards

Silver Medal, 2007 L.A. International Wine & Spirits Competition

Silver Medal, 2007 Canadian Wine Awards

This Ehrenfelser is the best, but I love any Ehrenfelser during summer. It is very crisp and acidic, so it's perfect for hot weather. Approx 20.00 CAD.

RED: Black Hills Estate Nota Bene (Oliver, BC, Canada).[Image: 626990061533_600.jpg]

Good Aging Potential "A rich, full Bordeaux blend that packs in black plum, black cherry, leather, cocoa, and raisin flavors, ending on notes of rosemary and prune. Young tannins and firm structure offer good aging potential. Hold for 2-4 years, or serve now with barbecued rib eye steak."
 - Northwest Palate

This is a Bordeaux style red blend. One of the best produced in BC, but pricey at 45.00 per bottle. Jason Priestly is part owner of the winery and this product is very popular. The entire inventory (3,300 cases) of the 2006 vintage sold out in 47 minutes.

These wines are not exported widely to the US. So for international wines, check out the following:

RED: Maycas Del Limari 2005 Syrah Reserva Especial (Chile) (approx 28.00 CAD)
[Image: maycaslimari-750689.jpg]

This is a great syrah from Chile. It scored 93 points.

Denser, more perfumed and richer. Notes of Lavender, garrigue, pencil lead, spice box and blueberry are followed by an opulent, hedonistic, sexpot of a wine. Lengthy and pure in the finish. 93 points.

Dr. Jay S. Miller - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate - April, 2009

Forget about Syrah from Australia. Yellow Tail basically ruined it. This Syrah from Chile is on point and should be available in the US. Pete - highly recommended. See if you can find it and let me know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My wine experiences Pokes28 14 6,548 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Favorite Type of wine Pete Nice 18 8,833 06-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Last Post: i bleed green
  UnCork York Wine Trail Joe 0 1,463 02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Wine & Web JDubb 4 2,864 02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  Starbucks mulling wine, cheese move Joe 5 3,091 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Pennsylvania Wine Joe 2 2,162 09-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Difference between a wine geek and wine snob? JDubb 25 9,506 08-13-2010, 07:50 AM
  Wine apps JDubb 3 2,486 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
  Amazing Wine lables Joe 2 2,073 06-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Last Post: negadave
  Tasting Wine Joe 4 2,563 06-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Beckster