Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why am I paying for free radio???
I'm up early running a few errands so I turn on Sirius/Xm in my wife's vehicle and ch. 13 is WLTW, ch. 21 is KIIS & ch. 22 is Z100. I'm assuming that these are NY stations. So now I'm paying a monthly fee for public(free)radio? I feel bad that C&R have a bunch of complete idiots running that company! I smell a lawsuit!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
None of those are on the Sirius line up. Is she on the Xm side?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:None of those are on the Sirius line up. Is she on the Xm side?

Yeah, Clear Channel has a contract to provide 5 channels of commercial radio to XM, they've had it for a while now....these channels replaced the other 5 CC channels and didn't replace any Sirius or XM channels, but instead of providing original commercial stations, they decided to just simulcast terrestrial stations....I think its pretty cool since I've never actually heard Z100, but have heard Rich talk about it quite a bit on the show, now I can check it out
You're paying for awesome East Coast radio in middle America.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Joe Wrote:You're paying for awesome East Coast radio in middle America.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

It's New York people (FM stations) selling their product to other New York people (SiriusXM) who think people only care about New York.

All FM stations play the same music and have the same corny DJ's just with different names.
I have not noticed this.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I think its only on XM radios, I haven't seen it on my Sirius radio yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Future of Radio... RADIO FLYER! Red Wagons! Red Wagons! CloveMan3 7 3,062 02-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Free subscription to Maxim Magazine BigFan 13 4,566 01-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Last Post: DaveP
  Mark Zito College Radio ap bikini team 7 2,632 07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Doo Doo radio show negadave 2 1,648 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Post: negadave