Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Why am I paying for free radio???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm up early running a few errands so I turn on Sirius/Xm in my wife's vehicle and ch. 13 is WLTW, ch. 21 is KIIS & ch. 22 is Z100. I'm assuming that these are NY stations. So now I'm paying a monthly fee for public(free)radio? I feel bad that C&R have a bunch of complete idiots running that company! I smell a lawsuit!!!
None of those are on the Sirius line up. Is she on the Xm side?
the keifer Wrote:None of those are on the Sirius line up. Is she on the Xm side?

Yeah, Clear Channel has a contract to provide 5 channels of commercial radio to XM, they've had it for a while now....these channels replaced the other 5 CC channels and didn't replace any Sirius or XM channels, but instead of providing original commercial stations, they decided to just simulcast terrestrial stations....I think its pretty cool since I've never actually heard Z100, but have heard Rich talk about it quite a bit on the show, now I can check it out
You're paying for awesome East Coast radio in middle America.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Joe Wrote:You're paying for awesome East Coast radio in middle America.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

It's New York people (FM stations) selling their product to other New York people (SiriusXM) who think people only care about New York.

All FM stations play the same music and have the same corny DJ's just with different names.
I have not noticed this.
I think its only on XM radios, I haven't seen it on my Sirius radio yet.