Poll: Who's More Mammoth
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tool
47.06%
8 47.06%
The Ramones
52.94%
9 52.94%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's More Mammouth? Tool? Ramones?
Know who else is better than the Ramones? A Perfect Circle.

I see the Ramones have taken the lead. I know longer have respect for your musical taste here people.
Joe In PA Wrote:Know who else is better than the Ramones? A Perfect Circle.

I see the Ramones have taken the lead. I know longer have respect for your musical taste here people.

I saw Perfect Circle when they opened for NIN (another group that's better than the Ramones).... LOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD THEM!!! In fact, I think the Fragile tour was my favorite overall concert to date.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

It's ok. The truth shall set you free!

thats a really strong statement.

Considering these are 2 less than substantial bands.

Ramones are like the 3rd or 4th on the list of recognizable original punk bands. Not even the best to come from the CBGB's.

And tool aren't even in the top 5 of their generation.

this is like discussing who's better between the 90's Bengals and the 80's Braves. Who cares! :rant:
A Perfect Circle blows
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
brampton Wrote:Ramones are like the 3rd or 4th on the list of recognizable original punk bands. Not even the best to come from the CBGB's.
Comparing punk bands is like asking if you'd rather eat dog shit or cat shit. They both shit so it doesn't matter. Punk sucks.
Joe In PA Wrote:
brampton Wrote:Ramones are like the 3rd or 4th on the list of recognizable original punk bands. Not even the best to come from the CBGB's.
Comparing punk bands is like asking if you'd rather eat dog shit or cat shit. They both shit so it doesn't matter. Punk sucks.

the same thing goes for bands from the 90's. They sucked. Very few bands were good, but everyone likes to talk about them like they're the next Rolling Stones or something.
brampton Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

the same thing goes for bands from the 90's. They sucked. Very few bands were good, but everyone likes to talk about them like they're the next Rolling Stones or something.
I need examples
My simple explanation as to why TOOL is so awesome is that they are more creative and more unique than any other group around. You will know you are listening to TOOL.

:tool: :rock:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
TOOL SUXKS

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:TOOL SUXKS

I say Absolut-LEE NOT!!
I HATE PIE!!
Now I know someone is cheating b/c the Ramones had 8 votes a few days ago.

Pete Nice Wrote:Now I know someone is cheating b/c the Ramones had 8 votes a few days ago.

I think Joe is buying people off to change their vote! I call Shenanigan!

And while they may be 3rd or 4th of the punk bands (Doubtful in my mind), at least they didn't sell out like the New York Dolls. Going from Punk to Feeling Hot Hot Hot? The Ramones are the same today as they were 30 years ago. Hell, I saw one of them a year ago, and he still had the same haircut! lol
ap bikini team Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Now I know someone is cheating b/c the Ramones had 8 votes a few days ago.

I think Joe is buying people off to change their vote! I call Shenanigan!

And while they may be 3rd or 4th of the punk bands (Doubtful in my mind), at least they didn't sell out like the New York Dolls. Going from Punk to Feeling Hot Hot Hot? The Ramones are the same today as they were 30 years ago. Hell, I saw one of them a year ago, and he still had the same haircut! lol
:roflmao: I'd have to have money to buy people out.
Hmmm let's see... Ramones was mostly in the 70's Tool was in the 90's and 2000's. Tough call here. To me it's two different kinds of rock. As far as what I like I was more into Tool but lately I've been in a classic kick since new rock is slumping. I'd have to say Ramones on this one. They were one of the first punk bands around.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]