Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03/21 - Warm weekend, snow in the forecast
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Pete likes to think I don't like Crosby just because he Pen, but I never had a problem with Lemieux.
Hell, I think it's easy to make a case to say he's better Gretzky.
But this "do as I say, not as I do" shit is annoying.
Either do something about it, or be like every other team and defend your player and crucify others for doing the same thing (Boston)
Nope, disagree with this.

I'm not saying he is, but I'll listen to the arguement.
The popular defense is, explain how he's better without using the word "if".
Different eras, injuries, all that.
But if you look at when they were in the league at the same time, Lemieux had better numbers.
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Now I want BWW.
Thanks.
youre welcome. I was surprised how cheap the wings prices were. My wife and I were shocked at that

I love that place.
I keep hearing that they're supposed to be building one within walking distance of my house.
Brampton Wrote:So I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time on Saturday.........we need one of those up here. That place is awesome

What flavor wings did you get?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
What did Cooke do this time? I didnt watch the game yesterday

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:What did Cooke do this time? I didnt watch the game yesterday

An elbow to the head.
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Pete likes to think I don't like Crosby just because he Pen, but I never had a problem with Lemieux.
Hell, I think it's easy to make a case to say he's better Gretzky.
But this "do as I say, not as I do" shit is annoying.
Either do something about it, or be like every other team and defend your player and crucify others for doing the same thing (Boston)
Nope, disagree with this.

I'm not saying he is, but I'll listen to the arguement.
The popular defense is, explain how he's better without using the word "if".
Different eras, injuries, all that.
But if you look at when they were in the league at the same time, Lemieux had better numbers.[/quote]
well
in the same years, Mario edges Wayne in goals for seasonal matchups 7-5 (10 of those were after the Oiler years), but Wayne beats him 8-2 in assists.

Its well known that Wayne had to be the playmaker in LA cause he had no great talent around him. Luc Robataille asside, there was no one else there.
Chip Wrote:

An elbow to the head.

I just looked it up. He is getting crushed by the Pittsburgh media for it. Saying it was dumb, pointless and cost them the game. That would be correct. No one in Pittsburgh is a Cooke apologist. He should he looking at 10 games.

elbow to the head, He's gotta go
[youtube]3lmn2B0TuF8[/youtube]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

An elbow to the head.

I just looked it up. He is getting crushed by the Pittsburgh media for it. Saying it was dumb, pointless and cost them the game. That would be correct. No one in Pittsburgh is a Cooke apologist. He should he looking at 10 games.

He should be getting way more than 10 games. this is 5th offense, he should get the remaining of this season, including the playoffs. then they should discuss further suspension and fines to him and his team.

this is just too much, he is a piece of shit
Mario and Gretzky are tied for the best player ever. Thats all there is to it. They are equals. Chip has a point and so does Brampton. When Mario retired the first time, he was the only player ever to average over 2 pts per game. Obviously those fell when he came back and struggled through back injuries. Gretzky holds all the records. There are arguments on both sides. Its a shame Mario was not able to play a long healthy career like Gretzky so that we could better compare.

Damn, fantasy hockey is into the playoffs already.
I went to a barbacue yesterday. It had a real goat, and a sponge bob pinata. The goat got hung by it's legs and was murdered, then cooked. I did not eat any. I did eat candy from the pinata, and some ribs. I also drank alot. I am tired this morning, and I think I pissed my wife off. The police even had to come to the party. It was awesome.
Pete Nice Wrote:Mario and Gretzky are tied for the best player ever. Thats all there is to it. They are equals. Chip has a point and so does Brampton. When Mario retired the first time, he was the only player ever to average over 2 pts per game. Obviously those fell when he came back and struggled through back injuries. Gretzky holds all the records. There are arguments on both sides. Its a shame Mario was not able to play a long healthy career like Gretzky so that we could better compare.

all I know is this. If Wayne were to have stayed in Edmonton, there NEVER would be a debate about this.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

An elbow to the head.

He should be getting way more than 10 games. this is 5th offense, he should get the remaining of this season, including the playoffs. then they should discuss further suspension and fines to him and his team.

this is just too much, he is a piece of shit
He has not gotten the 10 yet. They have to give him that first. Charra not getting suspended is a joke too though.

Pete Nice Wrote:Mario and Gretzky are tied for the best player ever. Thats all there is to it. They are equals. Chip has a point and so does Brampton. When Mario retired the first time, he was the only player ever to average over 2 pts per game. Obviously those fell when he came back and struggled through back injuries. Gretzky holds all the records. There are arguments on both sides. Its a shame Mario was not able to play a long healthy career like Gretzky so that we could better compare.

I think you have to put Orr into that conversation too.
I know his "if" is huge, what did he play? 9 years?
But he put up insane numbers.
Thank Pat Quinn for ending that career.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friiiiiiiiiiday, May 27, 2016 ~ Long Weekend Beckster 10 468 05-27-2016, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, May 16, 2016 ~ Snow Beckster 18 1,898 05-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Thursday, March 3, 2016 ~ Snow means Death Beckster 18 1,537 03-04-2016, 02:22 PM
  Monday, February 22, 2016 ~ Sucky Weekend Beckster 8 592 02-22-2016, 04:50 PM
  Tuesday, February 9, 2016 ~ Snow Beckster 15 391 02-10-2016, 09:52 AM
  Friday, January 29, 2016 ~ SNOW FEST Beckster 14 602 02-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Monday, January 25, 2016 ~ No Snow Day Beckster 4 251 01-25-2016, 02:16 PM
  Friday 1/22/2016 - No Snow Joe 7 222 01-23-2016, 11:53 PM
  Monday 12/16/15 - What a weekend!! NussieT 15 545 12-15-2015, 11:39 AM