Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic job search process...
JDubb Wrote:First of all, they have to by law pay all unused PTO/vacation time you have earned.

Secondly; if they walk you out the door they still have to pay any PTO/vacation time plus if you give two weeks and they chose to end it today, they should also by law be required to pay those two weeks as well. Tell the new place you are available in two weeks and pocket the cash for your vacation time. Also, let them know about any dates you may need off up front. You don't want to start a new job having to make of BS excuses. You may have to take the day unpaid but you will have the money for your PTO... win/win.

Good Luck!
Thanks!! yeah I said fuck the time off, I will just take the money.

so I had the interview this morning. the company is starting up a new team to work with another company, and the role is very similar to what i do now, and I am exactly what they are looking for. everything sounds good, except they mentioned the hours may be 8am-6pm. I worked 9-5 my entire career. Is it worth to make 10K more a year and work the longer hours? in my mind its not worth it. I need to confirm the hours & salary offered.
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
I made the big mistake of taking a higher paying job once before I realized it wasn't really higher paying it was just 2 hours more a day.
Joe Wrote:I made the big mistake of taking a higher paying job once before I realized it wasn't really higher paying it was just 2 hours more a day.
They offered me the position, and need to look for the letter of acceptance in the mail, I want to find out the hours before I accept.

Plus I am getting a yearly bonus next Friday at my current job, so if I accept the new position, I am not giving my notice until after I get the bonus.
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I made the big mistake of taking a higher paying job once before I realized it wasn't really higher paying it was just 2 hours more a day.
They offered me the position, and need to look for the letter of acceptance in the mail, I want to find out the hours before I accept.

Plus I am getting a yearly bonus next Friday at my current job, so if I accept the new position, I am not giving my notice until after I get the bonus.
Congrats Bro! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good plan with the bonus, take everything you have coming to you.
fucking swoot mood right now, they e-mailed me a copy of the letter, the salary they offered blows donkey dick & is actually kind of insulting. only $1,500 more than I make now plus the hours are 8:30am-5:30pm.

Did I make the mistake of letting them know my current salary when filling out the application for employment?

It says I am eligible to participate in a commission program.

Do I ask about the details of the commission? by e-mail or phone? not sure to turn this down, or look into the commission
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
8:30 to 5:30 is actually pretty good.
I work 10 hour days now, but the OT makes that worth while.

And I don't know about telling them how much you make.
But $100 a month more isn't too bad.

And don't just turn it down.
Call and see what's up with the commision.

My 2 cents.
Chip Wrote:8:30 to 5:30 is actually pretty good.

My 2 cents.
It comes out to $25 more a paycheck after taxes/benefits etc. $600 a year. plus I am working 5 more hours a week. 10 hours per paycheck, so its around $2.50 an hour to work an extra hour a day.

Commission is based on reaching revenue goals per quarter, so anywhere from $500-$2500 fours times a year.

The salary they offered me is 10K less than I asked for, plus commission is not guaranteed, I will probably turn it down.

I am getting a raise at my current place, but I have to wait until May to get it & see how much it is.
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
Chip Wrote:8:30 to 5:30 is actually pretty good.

My 2 cents.
It comes out to $25 more a paycheck after taxes/benefits etc. $600 a year. plus I am working 5 more hours a week. 10 hours per paycheck, so its around $2.50 an hour to work an extra hour a day.

Commission is based on reaching revenue goals per quarter, so anywhere from $500-$2500 fours times a year.

The salary they offered me is 10K less than I asked for, plus commission is not guaranteed, I will probably turn it down.

I am getting a raise at my current place, but I have to wait until May to get it & see how much it is.

Devil you know, vs the devil you don't know.
I haven't been on a lot of interviews either. I hate being put on the spot. They ask me to tell them about myself and my mind will just go blank. I hate that.

To get into the pickle place, it was not really even an interview... A family friend referred me and all i had to do was make a casserole for the 2nd shift foreman. While he was downing that, he was like "do you want to work here" and i said yes. And he said ok, when do you want to start. It would be cool if they were all that simple!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!