Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Recommendation help
Pete Nice Wrote:What about Sony. I am looking at a Sony that I really like
Everyone i know love em, but they are overpriced for what you get. Just like the fanboy specials
I was gonna get a lenovo, but for the price, options, and warranty I got a dell.

I love it and know i made the right choice
Brampton Wrote:
Everyone i know love em, but they are overpriced for what you get. Just like the fanboy specials

The ones we are looking at are about $50 to $100 more than the other PC's but also have $50 to $100 more in stuff in them, usually in the HD or the processor. So from what we have seen, the price is that same as the HP, Dell and all of those.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

The ones we are looking at are about $50 to $100 more than the other PC's but also have $50 to $100 more in stuff in them, usually in the HD or the processor. So from what we have seen, the price is that same as the HP, Dell and all of those.
Maybe they are on sale. Sounds like a good deal
Brampton Wrote:I was gonna get a lenovo, but for the price, options, and warranty I got a dell.

I love it and know i made the right choice

I've heard Lenovos are really good.
I have this mouse/keyboard for my media center PC, and it's been awesome.
[Image: IMG4048_MKT_IMG_FILENAME_7.gif]
Thank you everyone for your help and input.
JDubb Wrote:Thank you everyone for your help and input.

Welcome. Just don't listen to anyone else.
Not sure why Gateway is thought to be a such bad name, I have had 3 Gateway laptops in the past 8 years and never an issue... other than the one that I threw at the wall because I lost a bunch of money playing poker.. even then it only needed a hard drive.
DaveP Wrote:Not sure why Gateway is thought to be a such bad name, I have had 3 Gateway laptops in the past 8 years and never an issue... other than the one that I threw at the wall because I lost a bunch of money playing poker.. even then it only needed a hard drive.

I've had a gateway laptop for 4 or 5 years now. It still runs great.
But, they're owned by another company, aren't they?
Chip Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Not sure why Gateway is thought to be a such bad name, I have had 3 Gateway laptops in the past 8 years and never an issue... other than the one that I threw at the wall because I lost a bunch of money playing poker.. even then it only needed a hard drive.

Seems like most of the parts for computers and tv's come from the same companies anyhow.. so what does it matter who puts it together
DaveP Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Seems like most of the parts for computers and tv's come from the same companies anyhow.. so what does it matter who puts it together

I just looked it up, it's Acer.
Forget Dell. They have been to my office twice to swap hardware so one of our laptops will boot and they have failed both times. What good is next day support when they get there the next day and don't fix it. End result is we have to mail the damn thing back and wait 7-10 days.