Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so are the pickems done?
Pokes28 Wrote:This may be a stupid question, but why would you want to use L2TP or PPTP when connecting to a Cisco ASA? The Cisco Anyconnect client uses SSL and is the Sniz bam snappy. Connects fast, easy multiple authentications capable (we use RSA SecurID) and no additional ports required as 443 is already open.
Are you guys just making shit up to try and sound smart?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
The last few posts is a whole lot of geek speak that I don't understand so... :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
i bleed green Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:This may be a stupid question, but why would you want to use L2TP or PPTP when connecting to a Cisco ASA? The Cisco Anyconnect client uses SSL and is the Sniz bam snappy. Connects fast, easy multiple authentications capable (we use RSA SecurID) and no additional ports required as 443 is already open.

DUDE, you don't know about the 443 port? It leads to the shizbamsnappy frisbee of conglomerate, which is far superior to the freckled one. Of course if you use the TTW version part 67.99, then you will need a bluemangroup version 10 in subsystem ER.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

I went with PPTP because I wanted to use the straight windows VPN client so I didn't have to worry about deploying the client. I love the Cisco clients, but for these guys just the basic stuff was needed. Hell, with Remote Web Workplace on their SBS server I doubt they'll need the VPN all that much.
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

DUDE, you don't know about the 443 port? It leads to the shizbamsnappy frisbee of conglomerate, which is far superior to the freckled one. Of course if you use the TTW version part 67.99, then you will need a bluemangroup version 10 in subsystem ER.

You are retarded Pete, the latest is the 68.01, and bluemangroup has been upgraded to bluejizzgroup, which I'm not going to try, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

I use 443 every day. Yesterday I had to work late because someone wanted to use 3009, but they configured their comport redirector wrong and it was listening on 14009.
Joe Wrote:

I went with PPTP because I wanted to use the straight windows VPN client so I didn't have to worry about deploying the client. I love the Cisco clients, but for these guys just the basic stuff was needed. Hell, with Remote Web Workplace on their SBS server I doubt they'll need the VPN all that much.

Again though that is part of the beauty of the Cisco build. You can automate the install of the AnyConnect client and not have to worry about setup mistakes by the clients (or worse). For mine, they just go to an HTTPS URL and authenticate and the install is put on the machine. Total size is less than 6 MB and it just freaking works. And unlike the PPTP connection built in to Windows, it handles DNS like a champ.

But it sounds like you got it going. I would have had difficulty making that function remotely. Are you using CLI (console) or have you loaded ASDM (the GUI)? ASDM is amazing if you're not one that lives in the Cisco world.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Again though that is part of the beauty of the Cisco build. You can automate the install of the AnyConnect client and not have to worry about setup mistakes by the clients (or worse). For mine, they just go to an HTTPS URL and authenticate and the install is put on the machine. Total size is less than 6 MB and it just freaking works. And unlike the PPTP connection built in to Windows, it handles DNS like a champ.

But it sounds like you got it going. I would have had difficulty making that function remotely. Are you using CLI (console) or have you loaded ASDM (the GUI)? ASDM is amazing if you're not one that lives in the Cisco world.

I used ASDM for everything. After I took the CCNA classes I forgot 85% of what I learned because I don't ever use Cisco stuff. I have a client that has a few 1800 series routers in a box with serial connections on them so I'm going to see if they need me to "recycle" those for them.
[Image: Hijack-In_progress.jpg]
At least it was my own thread to hijack.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:At least it was my own thread to hijack.

hell yeah. :high5:
Pokes28 Wrote:Oh, what was the issue?

Yea, so who won anyway???
It's not over yet. Just giving everyone time to vote.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:It's not over yet. Just giving everyone time to vote.
Where are they? Is it still the round with Hilary Duff vs Sofia Vergara?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I deliver Cisco parts... there's my contribution...