Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dec 28, 2010 ~ The last Tooooosday of the Year
Iva13 Wrote:Derick what would you be doing at Fed Ex??? experiments??? :wink: I have always heard that Fed Ex and UPS are really good companies to work for...
I would be doing pick up and delivery of palatized freight in a semi truck. I am with the freight division so we dont deal with individual packages, we deal with palates of stuff

guaranteed 8 hrs a day no matter what. cheaper benefits than here. In 3 years I would be at top pay, but we still get cost of living raises every year. So I would get 2 raises for the first 3, then 1 every year after
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I know I'm way late to this, but on line shooting games are fun, even though I suck terribly.
^^this
i tried to play codmw2 online and i was happy to get 2 kills but i'd get killed like 20 times. it can get frustrating sometimes.
Derick Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Derick what would you be doing at Fed Ex??? experiments??? :wink: I have always heard that Fed Ex and UPS are really good companies to work for...
I would be doing pick up and delivery of palatized freight in a semi truck. I am with the freight division so we dont deal with individual packages, we deal with palates of stuff

Will you be at an airport? I hear they have Great benefits and stock options....
So I drank some PBR last night. That stuff is complete crap. Good thing it's cheap, I'm never buying it again
Iva13 Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Will you be at an airport? I hear they have Great benefits and stock options....
no no no. I will never see a package, ever. We deal with big shit, like 2000-3000 lb pallats of stuff.

benefits are great, 401k match up to 6%, medical/vision/dental cost me $12/mo. they have stock options but the option is not that great, so I dont exercise it
Derick Wrote:phone interview over. quick, just wanted to know what I did here, why I was leaving, and why I was interested in that position. They will be selecting people who get face to face interviews shortly. I have a feeling they are not going to meet my deadline
That's why you have a short period of time to say something to convince them to move your resume to the top. Desperate time calls for desperate measures. That is if you really want the job. Most interviews are all the same mundane generic meetings/calls. You have nothing to lose!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
i've also put in a call to my old research job, to see if they would take me back pt
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:phone interview over. quick, just wanted to know what I did here, why I was leaving, and why I was interested in that position. They will be selecting people who get face to face interviews shortly. I have a feeling they are not going to meet my deadline
That's why you have a short period of time to say something to convince them to move your resume to the top. Desperate time calls for desperate measures. That is if you really want the job. Most interviews are all the same mundane generic meetings/calls. You have nothing to lose!!!
i've been doing the science research thing for 10 years, if they cant see I'm not a top level candidate then fuck em. They asked what I wanted for a salary, i gave them a number, they asked if I was flexable, not a good sign
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I know I'm way late to this, but on line shooting games are fun, even though I suck terribly.
^^this

I was up until 1 or 2 getting the shit kicked out of me by little shit talking kids. I think it's funny to hear the people talk.
Derick Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

no no no. I will never see a package, ever. We deal with big shit, like 2000-3000 lb pallats of stuff.

benefits are great, 401k match up to 6%, medical/vision/dental cost me $12/mo. they have stock options but the option is not that great, so I dont exercise it

How much is "Top Pay"
Joe Wrote:How much is "Top Pay"
my guess would be somewhere in the 25/hr range, with OT after 8
michaelangelo Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
^^this
i tried to play codmw2 online and i was happy to get 2 kills but i'd get killed like 20 times. it can get frustrating sometimes.

I got 3 in a row last night. That was the best I did.
talked to my dad last night, he also thinks i should take the fedex job
Brampton Wrote:So I drank some PBR last night. That stuff is complete crap. Good thing it's cheap, I'm never buying it again

PBR is the unemployed drink of choice, or milwaukees best.
Derick Wrote:
I would be doing pick up and delivery of palatized freight in a semi truck.
Plenty of room for a Satellite radio with no distractions...sweet!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, 07/22/2016: 6 year anniversary of the greatest day in radio history? Chip 17 1,725 07-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, June 8, 2015 ~ 37 Year Drought Beckster 31 399 06-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday 1/5/2015 - New Year Joe 57 1,403 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
  Happy New Year Derick 4 339 01-03-2015, 01:16 AM
  Tooooosday, Dec 16, 2014 ~ Pubic Hair............. Beckster 32 391 12-16-2014, 04:57 PM
  Thursday, May 1, 2014 The 121st Day of This Year Beckster 91 1,439 05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
  New Years Eve 2012.....Go suck it new year Brampton 30 1,140 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon LeNeve 250 1,798 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Tooooosday, Jan 17, 2012 ~ 4 more days til the Weekend! Beckster 193 2,138 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
  Monday, Jan 2, 2012 ~ Hello New Year Beckster 59 675 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM