Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 12/27/2010 ........ What did you get for Christmas?
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Every time I walk out the back door here I see my Camaro, sitting all lonely, with rabbits running around under it. Front end un naturally high in the air form the lack of engine weight, and I always say, this is the year I buy another engine, It never happens.

It was like that with my 67 Coronet. It never made it on the road with me. I gave it to my uncle and he put it on the road for my cousin. I had a few dirt bikes that never saw a day of riding with me either.

whats crazy, is that once a week someone stops in, or calls here at the dealer, and offers a crazy high price for it, and I never sell it.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Every time I walk out the back door here I see my Camaro, sitting all lonely, with rabbits running around under it. Front end un naturally high in the air form the lack of engine weight, and I always say, this is the year I buy another engine, It never happens.

It was like that with my 67 Coronet. It never made it on the road with me. I gave it to my uncle and he put it on the road for my cousin. I had a few dirt bikes that never saw a day of riding with me either.

whats crazy, is that once a week someone stops in, or calls here at the dealer, and offers a crazy high price for it, and I never sell it.
you should, then you would have money to waste on another project. Like sponsoring me to race :grin:
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

What happened to the engine that was in it? What year is it?
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

What happened to the engine that was in it? What year is it?
I bought the car with a blown engine in 2000 for 500 dollars It's an 1986 iroc z.
I used to work at a machine shop, and they raced modifieds. They built me a nice 350 to put in it. Like a really nice 350. Probaly would have cost at least 5,000-7,000 retail. It was fast. Then 4 years ago this spring, after finishing redoing the entire interior, I drove out of town to show my friend, about 30 miles of highway driving away. Anyway on the way back, it was about midnight, about half way home it started shaking, then a second later smoke filled the cab, and oil was everywhere.

an oil line had broken, and I lost pressure and it blew the fuck up. Like a grenade. I was hauling ass. I was so sad, and depressed about it, that I called in sick to work for 2 days until I could get out of bed. It was like if someone died. I still have the heads, and carb, and intake for it.
The car was also my best friends when we were in high school. I always offered to buy it from him. He gave it to his nephew, the nephew gave it to his dad. The dad sold it to some mexican kid, and that is when I found it accidently, and bought it.
LeNeve Wrote:The car was also my best friends when we were in high school. I always offered to buy it from him. He gave it to his nephew, the nephew gave it to his dad. The dad sold it to some mexican kid, and that is when I found it accidently, and bought it.

That's the same way I feel about my 98 Cobra. It was for sale a few months ago down the road from me and I couldn't afford it. I had so many plans for that car.
I also have 3 more kids now, than I did back when I had fast cars. Kids are great and everything, but you can't sit on them and do donuts in parking lots.
you two have got to stop getting emotional about vehicles. I have a bike, if i crash it at the track, I'm not going to cry about it, i'm going o fix it and try not to do it again. and when it happens again, i'm still not going to cry about it
LeNeve Wrote:I also have 3 more kids now, than I did back when I had fast cars. Kids are great and everything, but you can't sit on them and do donuts in parking lots.

:roflmao:
That's it, right there! Greatest line of 2010!
LeNeve Wrote:I also have 3 more kids now, than I did back when I had fast cars. Kids are great and everything, but you can't sit on them and do donuts in parking lots.
you need faster kids
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:The car was also my best friends when we were in high school. I always offered to buy it from him. He gave it to his nephew, the nephew gave it to his dad. The dad sold it to some mexican kid, and that is when I found it accidently, and bought it.

That's the same way I feel about my 98 Cobra. It was for sale a few months ago down the road from me and I couldn't afford it. I had so many plans for that car.

I know if I sell it, I'll end up seeing it somewhere, and they will have it all fucked up somehow. Or turn it into a derby car. Then I'll be all sad. I think if I ever sell it, it will have to be to someone at least 3 states away.
Derick Wrote:you two have got to stop getting emotional about vehicles. I have a bike, if i crash it at the track, I'm not going to cry about it, i'm going o fix it and try not to do it again. and when it happens again, i'm still not going to cry about it

That's because you have a bike right now. If you crash it, you'll still have a bike. If it gets stolen you'll be upset.
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:you two have got to stop getting emotional about vehicles. I have a bike, if i crash it at the track, I'm not going to cry about it, i'm going o fix it and try not to do it again. and when it happens again, i'm still not going to cry about it

That's because you have a bike right now. If you crash it, you'll still have a bike. If it gets stolen you'll be upset.
insurance buys new bike

I've always been emotional about certain vehicles. an old 1965 ford pickup my dad gave me. an 1989 f-150. my camaro, my sted dads 69 cougar, I could go on and give reasons for each one.
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

insurance buys new bike

In my case paperwork was fucked up and insurance told me to eat a dick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT