Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michelob Amber Bock
Got a six of this tonight. It is decent. The aroma is not great. The flavor was alright. It's fairly dark. I was actually able to taste the subtle caramel flavor of it. I think this might be a beer that I have to be in the mood for. I don't hate caramel, but it is something I need to be craving to enjoy. I will finish this 6 pack, just maybe not tonight.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/1252/">http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/1252/</a><!-- m -->
Michelob Amber Bock is a decent beer that as you said is drinkable. I'm a big fan of the styling and I love the caramel taste.

I drank a couple yesterday as that is what my dad bought when he heard I was coming over. Its ok but it is usually a fall back beer for places that don't have any really good beer on tap.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:Michelob Amber Bock is a decent beer that as you said is drinkable. I'm a big fan of the styling and I love the caramel taste.

I drank a couple yesterday as that is what my dad bought when he heard I was coming over. Its ok but it is usually a fall back beer for places that don't have any really good beer on tap.

I agree that this beer is drinkable but I have always thought Michelob's special beers were thin representations of their real counterparts. Arent bocks usually fuller and meatier?
Yes they are. They are full of taste. The Amber Bock seems like it is about half watered down. You can taste what it is supposed to be, but you have to imagine some of it.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shiner Bock the keifer 4 2,215 12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Flying dog, old scratch amber ale LeNeve 1 1,655 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Fat Tire Amber Ale LeNeve 31 7,793 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Abita Amber Ale Pokes28 0 1,036 10-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Pokes28