Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Tire Amber Ale
I really, really like this. Very tasty. The best before date is 9-12-2010, but it tastes fine. It smelled weird, and I was hesitant to drink it, but I did. It smells alot different than it tastes. I'm always surprised by the first taste of any new beer I drink. This was very pleasant. Not strong, not weak. It seems to be in the middle perfectly. The bottle says biscuit like malt flavors , it doesn't taste like biscuits at all. It just tastes really good. I like this way more than the Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I like it more than any of the beers I have tried so far.

Fat Tire, number one on my list as of tonight.
I have heard MANY good things about fat tire, but alas, I have yet to try it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
The other thing about drinking these tasty beers, is that I don't drink as much. I can actually sit and enjoy every drink. I'm not slamming them back.

I just finished the 6 pack of Fat Tire. 3 hours and 15 minutes.

With other beers by this time, I would have had at least 10 of them.
Good beer but doesn't live up to the hype for me.
Fat Tire is an amazing beer. One of my top 10 for sure.

Amber Ales is probably my favorite styling of beer right now.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I believe I tried this beer at an airport in Reno, or maybe it was Denver.
But, I don't think I liked it. I may have had another beer, and only thought about getting Fat Tire, so I'll give it another try.
There are a few things to remember when you have a bad experience with a beer. It may be many things that are causing the issue. The beer could be old and stale. It could have been allowed to get too hot or in sunlight. Could be that the tap system sucks.

Unless you just HATE a beer or it has properties that you can't get over like "WAY too hoppy" or "tastes too much like coffee" then always give a beer a second chance to win your heart.
Pokes28 Wrote:There are a few things to remember when you have a bad experience with a beer. It may be many things that are causing the issue. The beer could be old and stale. It could have been allowed to get too hot or in sunlight. Could be that the tap system sucks.

Unless you just HATE a beer or it has properties that you can't get over like "WAY too hoppy" or "tastes too much like coffee" then always give a beer a second chance to win your heart.
If I don't like hoppy what kind of beers do I stay away from?
Joe Wrote:If I don't like hoppy what kind of beers do I stay away from?

Definitely stay away from IPA (India Pale Ale). They are VERY hoppy. You most likely wouldn't like many ESBs (Extra Special Bitters) either. Pale Ales will be mostly miss for you (many of them are VERY hoppy) though there are some that are very good that you could enjoy.

I'd probably stay in the high malt low hops type of beer but be constantly working on developing your taste buds to handle the hop flavors. Hops add new dimension to beer. However, they are an acquired taste.

For now stick with beers that claim to be Heffes (wheat beer that is naturally light so they will be low hop so as not to dominate the subtle flavors), Amber (like Fat Tire), Brown (like Newcastle), White or Wit (like Hoegaarden), or possibly even Red (though some of those are pretty hoppy).
Pokes28 Wrote:
Joe Wrote:If I don't like hoppy what kind of beers do I stay away from?

Definitely stay away from IPA (India Pale Ale). They are VERY hoppy. You most likely wouldn't like many ESBs (Extra Special Bitters) either. Pale Ales will be mostly miss for you (many of them are VERY hoppy) though there are some that are very good that you could enjoy.

I'd probably stay in the high malt low hops type of beer but be constantly working on developing your taste buds to handle the hop flavors. Hops add new dimension to beer. However, they are an acquired taste.

For now stick with beers that claim to be Heffes (wheat beer that is naturally light so they will be low hop so as not to dominate the subtle flavors), Amber (like Fat Tire), Brown (like Newcastle), White or Wit (like Hoegaarden), or possibly even Red (though some of those are pretty hoppy).
You are definitely a beer Jedi. I've had Fat Tire once I beleive and I think I liked it. Newcastle is my favorite beer so you hit the nail right on the head there. I've stayed away from wheat beers because I usually go towards the darker beers and I figured I wouldn't like wheat. A local brewery makes a red beer and I really like that, but it's only seasonal. I didn't mind a few of the whites that I've tried, but I can usually only take maybe one a night.

My biggest problem is that I can never remember what kind of beer it was that I didn't like. After reading to stay away from IPAs and ESBs I'll be able to make better selections.
I just want to say again, that I LOVE this beer. So freaking good. :beer: :beer: :beer: :happy: :happy: :happy:
LeNeve Wrote:I just want to say again, that I LOVE this beer. So freaking good. :beer: :beer: :beer: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Now the experts can tell you based on your taste what beer to try next.
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I just want to say again, that I LOVE this beer. So freaking good. :beer: :beer: :beer: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I love the fact that we have experts on here. The advice is perfect. :high5:
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I love the fact that we have experts on here. The advice is perfect. :high5:

Pokes could have his own website where he just gives beer advice.
I should have gotten another six pack of this stuff tonight.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying dog, old scratch amber ale LeNeve 1 1,655 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Michelob Amber Bock LeNeve 3 1,423 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Abita Amber Ale Pokes28 0 1,036 10-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Pokes28