Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaint Dept.
Debit cards in the CND aren't run buy master card, visa etc. They're from the bank. Credit card companies don't have access to debit card action.
My name is Taco. Don Taco.
[Image: Oilergirl2.jpg][Image: OilersCheerleaders2.jpg]
Nussie_T Wrote:Fucking Joey changing his name... The only reason I knew it was him was the stupid blueberry avatar!
Now the avatar changed.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
cody Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
cody Wrote:3rd complaint; Pete Nice himself. Nobody plays more farmville then Pete.
:wink:

You know you can turn off the notifications from farmville?

Next time you get one, mouse over the box and a grey x will appear in the top right corner of the post. Click on it and it will give you several option, including, cancel, hide the user or hide farmville. Click on hide farmville and BOOM, not more farmville notifications, you will still get the regular bullshit ramblings from me, but not from the application. It's rather handy if your not a game player on facebook.

well... What happens if you lose a cow again. I don't want to leave a guy hanging if a cow gets lose. I'm not an asshole or anything. I just don't want to help you harvest anything that's all. I grew up on a farm I know these things.

Bahaha... I said the same thing. If I want to play farmer, I'll just go down to the farm for a few days!
cody Wrote:Debit cards in the CND aren't run buy master card, visa etc. They're from the bank. Credit card companies don't have access to debit card action.
:high5: Canada FTW
I fucking hate it when football highlight start after three touchdowns have been scored.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Brett Favre.I hope the Vikings start 0-5 or 0-6 so Childress has to bench him.He'll probably quit and leave and further tarnish his legacy.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
cody Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
cody Wrote:3rd complaint; Pete Nice himself. Nobody plays more farmville then Pete.
:wink:

You know you can turn off the notifications from farmville?

Next time you get one, mouse over the box and a grey x will appear in the top right corner of the post. Click on it and it will give you several option, including, cancel, hide the user or hide farmville. Click on hide farmville and BOOM, not more farmville notifications, you will still get the regular bullshit ramblings from me, but not from the application. It's rather handy if your not a game player on facebook.

well... What happens if you lose a cow again. I don't want to leave a guy hanging if a cow gets lose. I'm not an asshole or anything. I just don't want to help you harvest anything that's all. I grew up on a farm I know these things.

I fully understand, I am just here to help. Not everyone wants to be involved in farmville, so blocking farmville from posting is a great thing.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
cody Wrote:Debit cards in the CND aren't run buy master card, visa etc. They're from the bank. Credit card companies don't have access to debit card action.

How does the transaction go through then? You need the visa or MC system to process it, how else is it processed? Sounds kind of backwards. No wonder they didn't work here.

BTW T, just b/c our debt cards have visa or mc on them, does not mean it is a credit card, it still comes straight from our checking account.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:

How does the transaction go through then? You need the visa or MC system to process it, how else is it processed? Sounds kind of backwards. No wonder they didn't work here.

BTW T, just b/c our debt cards have visa or mc on them, does not mean it is a credit card, it still comes straight from our checking account.
it works here cause our banks aren't local....they are all nationwide. We've had it here for about 15 years at least (since my 1st job)
Pete Nice Wrote:

It has to be a plus supported atm for it to work.Or whatever companies it's supported by.My debit card works perfectly well in the US and everywhere in Europe that I used it.
Nussie_T Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:The lottery ticket thing fucks me off too. They spend 20 minutes deciding which $1 ticket they want, like it makes a fucking difference. Also, paying with a check, get a debit card asshole. Checks should be banned in all stores, either they are old people that take forever, or someone that is writing a check that they know will bounce because they have no money.

Most places in Canada don't accept checks anymore, well
at least not in Manitoba. Do you guys even know what
a debit card is? We get funny looks whenever we used to pull it out because it wasn't a credit card. The chick at Walmart in Minneapolis said she'd never seen one before and didn't know if it was going to work.

I live off my debit card. It's too much of a pain to get to the bank.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:How does the transaction go through then? You need the visa or MC system to process it, how else is it processed? Sounds kind of backwards. No wonder they didn't work here.

It works like an ATM at the till, only the funds for the purchase goes directly into the vendor's account instead of out of a machine as cash. The company that provides the service to stores is called Interac

The pin pad can accept either bank cards or credit cards. Interac is a Canadian company, so that's why it's different in the US.

Interac Association is a Canadian organization linking enterprises that have proprietary networks so that they may communicate with each other for the purpose of exchanging electronic financial transactions. The Association was founded in 1984 as a cooperative venture between five financial institutions: Royal Bank of Canada, CIBC, Scotiabank, Toronto-Dominion Bank, and Desjardins.

[Image: Interac-logo.gif]

All of our cards are still on the plus system, so they can be used basically anywhere, just like yours. I've used my bank card at an ATM in Cairo and it worked fine, but I think the fees are a lot more.

In the US, you are only able to use your bank card (ATM card) at the bank??
What Chelofellow said. I just assumed they worked through a complicated mixture of witchcraft and wizardry.
My name is Taco. Don Taco.
[Image: Oilergirl2.jpg][Image: OilersCheerleaders2.jpg]
We can use our debit cards at anyplace that excepts visa or master card. There is a very small monthly fee to the bank. Less than 10 bucks I believe. What the banks pay the credit card companies, I have no idea.

We used to pay, to have the privelege of using checks. Checking accounts are free now. You pay the same small fee to have the debit cards, that are accepted everywhere. This has cut down on hot checks big time. You can pay for shit online.
[Image: ATMPriceless.jpg]