Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pawn Shop
Hondo Wrote:You don't have to sign for ammo purchases. There's no way to be tracked that way.

I dunno about you guys but i don't go anywhere unarmed. Somebody tries to rob me and they're going to end up on a slab. I'll kill someone deader that fried chicken if they get froggy and never even blink about it.

My pistol stays at the house. In CT there's verry few instances you could shoot somebody legally. Unless you reasonably feel you are about to be killed or Seriously injured you cannot shoot.

If your getting robbed surrender your property.
If you have the option to retreat you have to run away.
If somebody breaks in your house and you can get out the back door and you don't, your probablly gonna have to have a real good lawyer.
Can't carry into a bar or club.

I got car insurance, and it's alot cheaper to give up the $200 in my wallet than it is to hire a lawyer and go through a trial.
I do always carry a knife though.
I'm pretty sure here in Kansas you can blast anyone that is in your house uninvited. Not out in the yard though.

Kansas also allows a person to carry concealed firearms, only after taking a conceal/carry class. I think you have to pay a fee, and register with the state too.

All the stores around here have signs on the doors now, that say no guns. this seems retarded to me. Because the people that want to go into the store legally carrying, are not going to make trouble, but they could damn sure stop the asshole that is taking his illegal gun in to rob the place.
LeNeve Wrote:All the stores around here have signs on the doors now, that say no guns. this seems retarded to me. Because the people that want to go into the store legally carrying, are not going to make trouble, but they could damn sure stop the asshole that is taking his illegal gun in to rob the place.

I saw a good youtube video about that.
[youtube]ngsKzdKNAmo[/youtube]
Hondo Wrote:You don't have to sign for ammo purchases. There's no way to be tracked that way.

If you use a credit or debit card it's on record. Walmart asks for your ID to prove your over 18. I get .22lr there and just recently they started asking if it's for a pistol. Some new policy they have. I don't know why.
negadave Wrote:

If you use a credit or debit card it's on record. Walmart asks for your ID to prove your over 18. I get .22lr there and just recently they started asking if it's for a pistol. Some new policy they have. I don't know why.

Wow. I have bought a few boxes of shotgun shells from a walmart, only because we ran out pheasant hunting. I was 17 at the time. I had no problem at all.

.22lr ammo. I have cases upon cases of it. I could use it to take showers if it was water. My stepdad took us to the Whittington center in Raton new mexico, ( <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nrawc.org/">http://www.nrawc.org/</a><!-- m --> ) when I was 15. gave me a rocket box full of .22 shells, a rifle, and a crate of metal targets. Then he left me alone, and went somewhere else. I spent maybe 6 hours shooting targets. I was all alone on this range. It was awesome. One of my fondest memories.
negadave Wrote:My pistol stays at the house. In CT there's verry few instances you could shoot somebody legally. Unless you reasonably feel you are about to be killed or Seriously injured you cannot shoot.

If somebody breaks in your house and you can get out the back door and you don't, your probablly gonna have to have a real good lawyer.

I got car insurance, and it's alot cheaper to give up the $200 in my wallet than it is to hire a lawyer and go through a trial.

Which is precisely why I would never live in a state with fucked-up laws that put the criminal ahead of the victim. How very North Korean of them.

PS: most states don't differentiate between knives and guns. Deadly weapons of any kind meet the criteria for an intent to go armed. Of course I'd much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. And if you leave them dead it's only your side of the story being told.
Hondo Wrote:
negadave Wrote:My pistol stays at the house. In CT there's verry few instances you could shoot somebody legally. Unless you reasonably feel you are about to be killed or Seriously injured you cannot shoot.

Which is precisely why I would never live in a state with fucked-up laws that put the criminal ahead of the victim. How very North Korean of them.

PS: most states don't differentiate between knives and guns. Deadly weapons of any kind meet the criteria for an intent to go armed. Of course I'd much rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. And if you leave them dead it's only your side of the story being told.

You can carry up to a 4" knife leagally pretty much anywhere here. I'm with you on the jury is better than a coffin. That's why i got the knife, if somebody is gonna kill me, at least i got a chance.
I'd be alot more likely to get in trouble for having a gun on me while drinking, than somebody trying to kill me.

I dunno about you guys but i don't go anywhere unarmed. Somebody tries to rob me and they're going to end up on a slab. I'll kill someone deader that fried chicken if they get froggy and never even blink about it.

This

They don't even have to get froggy with me, they can get toadie, llamaie or even prairie doggie.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:I'm pretty sure here in Kansas you can blast anyone that is in your house uninvited. Not out in the yard though.

Kansas also allows a person to carry concealed firearms, only after taking a conceal/carry class. I think you have to pay a fee, and register with the state too.

All the stores around here have signs on the doors now, that say no guns. this seems retarded to me. Because the people that want to go into the store legally carrying, are not going to make trouble, but they could damn sure stop the asshole that is taking his illegal gun in to rob the place.

Hondo can back me on this, but I think just b/c they post a sign that says no guns doesn't mean you legally can't conceal carry in there. The only places you can't are schools and government buildings.

Am I right on that Hondo?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Depends on how the state's law is written. Generally though you are subject to a charge of trespassing if you enter a building with one of those signs. Of course carrying CONCEALED means exactly that....you never, ever want anyone to know you are armed. I can count on one hand the number of times since 1989 anyone has ever noticed that I was carrying a pistol with me.

I also tend not to patronize businesses that think they can trump my Constitutional rights at the threshold of their doorway. Fuck them.

The one thing I will not do though is carry into a bar if I am going to be drinking. Carrying an ASP baton though...that's a good plan. I recommend doing that anyway. An intermediate range impact weapon is awesome in situations where drawing a firearm isn't justified.
I remember something Tony Saragusa said on air after Plaxico Buress got in gun trouble.
"This goes out to all the kids listening. If you're going somewhere where you feel like you need to have a gun on you, don't go."
I agree
I'm glad that it's not common for Canadians to carry weapons wherever they go. I'm also glad that Canadians aren't as likely to sue eachother
Criminals are EVERYWHERE. Nutjobs are everywhere. You have no control over when or where they might strike. That kind of feel-good bullshit from Tony Saragusa is so typical of people who don't live in the real world.

Go ask Suzanna Hupp about this kind of thing. Look it up. Or look up any one of the 2.5 MILLION lawful, defensive uses of handguns every year. I have carried a firearm almost every single day since March of 1989. For years before 9-11 I flew armed knowing full-well how shitty airline security was. My buds at work laughed at me going and taking the FAA AFLE classes to do that. After 9-11 they finally figured it out.

A firearm is just like insurance. You never want to have it but God forbid you need it that once and don't have it. I don't live my life going around being unprepared for anything.
Hondo Wrote:Criminals are EVERYWHERE. Nutjobs are everywhere. You have no control over when or where they might strike. That kind of feel-good bullshit from Tony Saragusa is so typical of people who don't live in the real world.

Go ask Suzanna Hupp about this kind of thing. Look it up. Or look up any one of the 2.5 MILLION lawful, defensive uses of handguns every year. I have carried a firearm almost every single day since March of 1989. For years before 9-11 I flew armed knowing full-well how shitty airline security was. My buds at work laughed at me going and taking the FAA AFLE classes to do that. After 9-11 they finally figured it out.

A firearm is just like insurance. You never want to have it but God forbid you need it that once and don't have it. I don't live my life going around being unprepared for anything.

This

"negadave Wrote:If your getting robbed surrender your property.

Fuck that
I am not running from my own house. You will be shot in the face.